2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,774 - $24,211.

10/6.6

9.4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

I love my little SUV

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "great price, a lot of amenitites, fun to drive"

Cons: "liftgate not remote nor has an inside release"

"I've had my little encore for about 2 weeks now and it's put FUN back in driving for me.I can zip in out of traffic and cruise down the hwy in comfort and style. I love that it doesn't look like all other SUV's. I'm a very large person and i got into it just fine. I also have a little arthritis and some of the larger SUV's didn't even work for me. I'm loving all the tech in it and learn somthing new everyday. For my first 300 miles i'm getting 24 MPG for city driving the AWD model. It also makes me feel confident while driving. I was able to get alot of extras that i couldn't afford on other models. My 77 y/o mom can get in and out of this SUV very easily also. The backup camera is so nice and adds some of that confident to my driving. So if your considering an SUV and don't need a huge boat sized one. I highly recommend giving the encore at least a test drive. It's even better inside than out. I couldn't get the "10" to check on the very likley scale. I've actually all ready recommended it to friends."

Great car for seniors

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV for the senior crowd,just the right size"

Cons: "tight with back seats put down,no tailgate remote"

Softball's the game even at 75 staying alive..Great to drive my Buick SUV to the game

"Easy to get in and out of.Wife has no trouble sliding in and out of seat,she has bad arthritis.No need for running board. This SUV is only 14'6" long so it is easy to park and drive.Has premium package and feels very expansive inside but was priced moderate to other SUV's in its class.The gas mileage was 25 around town and 32 on highway. If you went over 75 on highway your gas milage went way down . The 4 cyl.engine and the 6 speed tran. didn't help at that speed. My recommendation would be to get a 6 cyl. I would also say to keep On Star as it is a big help to anybody looking for anything in areas you are not familiar with.It also tells you how the SUV is running and if the tires have the right amount of air in them. Well worth the money. The only thing I can find wrong is the tailgate is not remote.My wife needs a electric cart to get around in and I can lift the cart into the back cargo space and it fits just right.But it would have been helpful if the tailgate went up and down by itself. I am in my 70's and I have had a lot of cars in my life time but this SUV has to rate at the top for all things my wife and I need now. I would say this is a great SUV for two people ."

My favorite car ever!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very comfortable, quiet ride"

Cons: "Can't think of any at the moment"

"We were in the Ford family of fine cars for the past 40 years. Although our Fords have always been reliable, this time I wanted a comfortable, luxurious interior and better gas mileage without sacrificing space. After much research, we decided to buy an Encore and could not be more pleased. With city/highway driving, I've been averaging an impressive 31.3 miles/gallon. I can't help but smile each time I pass a gas station without filling up! The seats are extremely comfortable and the ride is smooth and noise-free. The technology is impressive, although coming from a car without all of the bells and whistles, I must admit, there is a learning curve. The Encore has more than enough get-up-and-go for me. The Buick warranty is excellent. I could not be more pleased with our purchase."

Pretty good vehicle not all I expected

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, a bit pricey for small deluxe model"

Cons: "features on Buick deluxe cars not on this vehicle"

"comfortable, peppy, roomy enough for a small family- not as fuel economic for a 4 cylinder car as I expected but fairly good considering AWD. Deluxe model not as deluxe as I expected it to be."

Great Small SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive, appearance"

Cons: "None!"

"OK, I feel I should be honest: I'm not a car-guy—at all. That said, I really like this car. For a small SUV (I don't like big vehicles.), it's really luxurious and very comfortable, and there are lots of bells-and-whistles in the premium package. The safety features provide a level of security—and alertness—that I think I've always sort of taken for granted. I like the "infotainment" system, too. It connected to my phone in about two seconds, and the clarity of the calls through the hands-free system is awesome. The ride is quiet and smooth. I couldn't be happier. Oh, and it doesn't really look like a Buick."

See if you qualify for