2013 Buick Encore

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

All the the things I was looking for!

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Safety Features, luxury amenities,"

Cons: "Need larger center storage bin."

"This car/SUV is getting more attention and has more features than the Mercedes and BMW's that my fiends own. The safety features are abundant and the luxury amenities are stress relieving. The AWD handles extremely well in the NorthEast winter weather. I just Love everything about this SUV."

Luxury and big car ride

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "High end feel, great ride, well trimmed, good mpg"

Cons: "silly arm rest, no garage button, doesn't speak TX"

"After downsizing from a Saturn Outlook (which is basically the GMC Acadia) to a KIA soul I was ready for something upscale but with good gas mileage. After looking at the several vehicles Cherokee, Rogue, Escape) I went with the Buick Encore Leather Trim FWD with Navigation and am sooo glad I did! Granted I got the GM Employee price which helped with my decision but after 2 months and 2500 miles I am still happy. I was concerned about reviewers stating that the little engine was underpowered and that held me off for a bit but honestly I find that when I step on it the little car moves. I am not planning on drag racing down the streets so I think it has plenty of power. No problem passing on the highway etc. However I have never gotten better than 30 mpg even on highway. But I am cruising along at 75...+ soooooo that may be a factor. It IS SMALL. But I will say that it rides similar to my Mom's Enclave. I don't know if it is the bigger tires or what but I feel like I am riding in a bigger car. Even passengers have commented on the smooth ride. I am 5'10'' and fluffy :) and I find the seats very comfortable, love the lumbar and heated seats. However, if anyone had to sit behind me they would not have much room for their knees. For a single person or couple that don't usually have people in the back it is perfect. I get complements everywhere on the looks - drive through window (I have the saddle leather... awesome!), mechanics, people walking across the parking lot, etc. I have only 4 gripes and they are really pretty minor in order of most annoying to least 1) I can not lay down the back seat flat AND keep my seat in the position I prefer to drive it is just to tight. You probably can force it but I hear the electric seat motor straining a bit to push the seat back and am not going to risk damaging that sexy leather. Not a problem for short jaunts, I can move the seat up and manage, but hauling dogs 500 miles I had to forgo laying the seat down for driving position. 2) No garage door opener button - what? even my mid range Kia had that? Kinda funny but not a biggy 3) What is up with that silly arm rest? Really Buick? There has to be a better alternative the thing makes the car look cheap and is practically useless. 4) The Voice recognition does not understand TEXAN! Haha seriously I can't get it to ever understand me - oh well if anyone knows the trick for that let me know."

Perfect car for me

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Electronics, and driver alerts. Good mileage."

Cons: "Brakes squeak when wet."

"I traded in a 10 year old Trailblazer 4x4, that got 16 mpg, on the Encore. I first bought a 2013 convenience group. As I am disabled I was having problems sliding in on the cloth seat. It had about 4,500 miles on it when I sat in a model with leather seats. I found I could slide in on the leather seat easily. I told my salesman when the 2014 model comes out I want to trade the one I had for a 2014 with leather seats. I did so and got the Premium front wheel drive model. The only problem I have with it is the brakes squeak when there is moisture on the pads."

I'm on the fence about this one

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, goood gas milage"

Cons: "Dealers and quality are not up to par"

"We had a lot of issues with the dealer that sold us this car. They were pretty shady and underhanded. That really turned me off from the start. The vehicle is easy to drive and gets good gas milage. It's definitely not a speed machine. We have had issues with the turbo now since we bought it. The noise is so loud that you can't hear the radio inside when driving. I have had it in to 2 different dealers to fix it and they say nothing is wrong with it. I can't believe it supposed to run like that, I assume it's not. It's so loud that passengers we have had in the car with us made comments about it, so I know I am not being picky here (that's if you can hear them making comments over the noise). It's a good car, but I probably would not buy another Buick again after this experience. Other car manufacturers are doing a much better job and delivery and quality."

This is a great little SUV.

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Can zip around very nicely. Very well equipped."

Cons: "No power lift gate and no garage door opener."

"It has taken me quite a long time to get used to the smallness because me previous vehicle was a Buick Lucerne. It is a little small but is easy to drive. I have a bad shoulder and the lack of a power lift gate is making me have to trade it in for something with one. Also, when people are sitting in the back seat the headrests go up, cutting the visibility down 1/4 on each side of the rear window. I was surprised that there was no built in garage door opener. If they put a power lift gate on a future Encore I would definitely purchase it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Encore near Honolulu. See local deals