2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,074 - $24,585.

10/6.7

9.4

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great Car for a Specific Niche

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Compact, Economical, Luxurious, Good MPG"

Cons: "Low Performance, No Garage Door Opener"

"This car is great for us! We live in a major city and need a small SUV with good gas mileage. The car is small, but it is very efficient with the space it has. It's small enough that you can fit in a lot of parking spots and the rearview camera makes parking easy. The interior features are great! I love the Pandora link and the voice controls. The gas mileage is fantastic, we have the AWD model and get an average ~27 MPG. I love the two glove compartments, one of them is quite small but it stores sunglasses and a garage door opener just fine. There are a few comfort items that are worth pointing out: 1. The visor is not like a normal visor, it's quite small and you can't extend it. As a result, it doesn't block the sun very well. 2. There is only one armrest for both front passengers, and it's not much of an arm rest. 3. The car has OnStar but no garage door opener! For a car with so many great features, it's disappointing that I have to still carry around a garage door opener. Additionally, I personally think OnStar is worthless. Especially if you have navigation in the car. 4. You need to be aware that the performance is very poor. It's a small engine and you need to be ok with that when you make this purchase. For us, we don't really care that much. You can't get this size and gas mileage without some trade off."

very good value for money spent

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"shortcoming is wiper system because the passenger side clears to right into line of sight of driver and driver side wiper does not do very good job at higher speeds, obscuring view of driver. should be reversed to passenger side instead"

I absolutely love this car.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and love the GPS/Bluetooth"

Cons: "Could use a larger storage space in back"

"Has all the bells/whistles, a comfortable ride and great on gas. I'm only filling up once every 6 days and I love it. Would recommend to anyone on the market for a compact SUV."

My favorite car ever!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very comfortable, quiet ride"

Cons: "Can't think of any at the moment"

"We were in the Ford family of fine cars for the past 40 years. Although our Fords have always been reliable, this time I wanted a comfortable, luxurious interior and better gas mileage without sacrificing space. After much research, we decided to buy an Encore and could not be more pleased. With city/highway driving, I've been averaging an impressive 31.3 miles/gallon. I can't help but smile each time I pass a gas station without filling up! The seats are extremely comfortable and the ride is smooth and noise-free. The technology is impressive, although coming from a car without all of the bells and whistles, I must admit, there is a learning curve. The Encore has more than enough get-up-and-go for me. The Buick warranty is excellent. I could not be more pleased with our purchase."

Uncomfrortable Seats

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"The front seats have no padding. You can feel the springs. On a 200 mile trip it will just kill you. My spouse and I both had back pain. Even with taking breaks it still was agony. The available adjustments to the seats didn't help. We are buying padded covers, if that doesn't help we will trade rather than have to live with this problem."

unique/expensive looking

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "unique-stylish"

"SHARP/UNIQUE/SMALL EASY TO PARK WITH BACK UP CAMERAS"

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "handles remarkable well in the snow, fuel economy"

Cons: "no heater/aircondioner vents in the back seats"

"Bought this car for my wife. She likes SUV's but wanted something compact yet luxurious. The Encore was the only car that came close to fitting these requirements. We bought the convenience package with sunroof and upgraded radio. Couldn't be happier with the car. great fuel mileage and surprisingly handles remarkable well in the snow."

First car I owned that has so many features .

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "great price and a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "I do miss a wider arm rest in between the seats."

"This is the car I was looking for luxury and dependability. The warranty is great and it stands out on the road. If I had to do it all over I would do it again. I need to get more miles on to make this statement stick."

Best empty-nester on the market

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Empty-nester special"

Cons: "2 golf bags without folding the rear seats, please"

"I'm retired. With age, my criteria have evolved. I no longer even want neck-snapping power (like my dear, departed Alfa Romeo... sniff). Now I want ease of entry/exit, and silence! And comfort, of course. Good ride, good seats, and all the creature comforts. We have had the car for five months, and have yet to carry anyone in the back seat, so I would have preferred a bit less rear seat room and a bit more trunk space -- two golf bags, please!! I literally have no criticism of this car. It is smooth and quiet. We have done eight-hour days without distress. Still... would someone please tell me why the passenger seat does not have an inboard armrest? And why the seat-back inclination is not electric... but the lumbar support is?? Gotta have a little bit of wackiness!"

One of the best cars I've had

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great price; great add-ons; fun to drive"

Cons: "no a/c seats; a little slow on pick up"

"Profile: 28 y/o female; professional. I recently purchased this car after trading in my 2011 BMW328i x drive. I started seeing ads for the Buick Encore in late 2013 and was interested. I wanted an SUV so we looked at the Encore, the Audi Q5 and the BMW x3 and x1. I couldn't come to terms with paying almost double for the Audi or BMW seeing with what I could get with the Encore. I test drove the Encore and was very happy with the handling and interior. The car looks small from the outside but the inside is surprisingly roomy! I ended up getting the Encore Premium with all the bells and whistles except for AWD. Since my husband and I were in the midst of moving from Chicago to LA, I figured AWD wasn't necessary anymore. The value and quality are top notch. It handles easily, is quiet and is quite stylish. The nav and entertainment is really easy to use. The Bose speakers are really nice too! I highly recommend this car."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next