• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,719 - $25,274.

10/6.7

9.4

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

Fun

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Pris, mileage, it is a novel car to drive."

Cons: "Small small small, road noise, rear seat tight."

"Small is the key word. More road noise than other bricks, especially an Enclave. Mileage is terrific(33). Just not enough room for more than three grand kids and we have seven."

Luxury in a small package

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

"I was searching for another model SUV and accidentally saw the Encore on the dealership lot. It was love at first site! Mine is black. The chrome trim adds an upscale look. The interior is loaded with all the features you would find in a much more expensive SUV. I love the sunroof, blue tooth, on star. Rides like a dream. Great stereo sound system. test drive one....you will be impressed!"

Great Small SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive, appearance"

Cons: "None!"

"OK, I feel I should be honest: I'm not a car-guy—at all. That said, I really like this car. For a small SUV (I don't like big vehicles.), it's really luxurious and very comfortable, and there are lots of bells-and-whistles in the premium package. The safety features provide a level of security—and alertness—that I think I've always sort of taken for granted. I like the "infotainment" system, too. It connected to my phone in about two seconds, and the clarity of the calls through the hands-free system is awesome. The ride is quiet and smooth. I couldn't be happier. Oh, and it doesn't really look like a Buick."

Great in so many ways, Not all!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Fun drive, Good mpg, Nice design"

Cons: "Buzzes, Rattles, Questionable Reliability"

"We have owned this vehicle just over a year now. We love the drive and comfort of this vehicle. Gas mileage has been pretty good. The lowest we've experienced was 28 with mixed driving and A/C used all of the time. Usually it's in the 30's. Quite pleased with the performance of the AWD for winter driving. Unfortunately I think we got the Friday or Monday car. We have a significant buzz in the upper portion of the lift gate where the window is. We have now taken it in three times to remedy this problem. We also have a rattle behind the radio area. We have taken it in twice for a fix for that as well. Each time they had the vehicle for over a week. Since new the radio has popped in all modes of operation. Whether it was with a call, radio, or whatever. Now we have experienced the screen images jumping. We are told that GM is aware of the problem and has a fix. Fingers crossed these problems get resolved. It really is a great driving car, and I would definitely love to rate it higher. It's just with our issues I fear we may be dealing with gremlins for the long haul."

Great Car for a Specific Niche

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Compact, Economical, Luxurious, Good MPG"

Cons: "Low Performance, No Garage Door Opener"

"This car is great for us! We live in a major city and need a small SUV with good gas mileage. The car is small, but it is very efficient with the space it has. It's small enough that you can fit in a lot of parking spots and the rearview camera makes parking easy. The interior features are great! I love the Pandora link and the voice controls. The gas mileage is fantastic, we have the AWD model and get an average ~27 MPG. I love the two glove compartments, one of them is quite small but it stores sunglasses and a garage door opener just fine. There are a few comfort items that are worth pointing out: 1. The visor is not like a normal visor, it's quite small and you can't extend it. As a result, it doesn't block the sun very well. 2. There is only one armrest for both front passengers, and it's not much of an arm rest. 3. The car has OnStar but no garage door opener! For a car with so many great features, it's disappointing that I have to still carry around a garage door opener. Additionally, I personally think OnStar is worthless. Especially if you have navigation in the car. 4. You need to be aware that the performance is very poor. It's a small engine and you need to be ok with that when you make this purchase. For us, we don't really care that much. You can't get this size and gas mileage without some trade off."