• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,413 - $23,900.

10/6.7

9.4

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Luxury in a small package

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

"I was searching for another model SUV and accidentally saw the Encore on the dealership lot. It was love at first site! Mine is black. The chrome trim adds an upscale look. The interior is loaded with all the features you would find in a much more expensive SUV. I love the sunroof, blue tooth, on star. Rides like a dream. Great stereo sound system. test drive one....you will be impressed!"

Great Small SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive, appearance"

Cons: "None!"

"OK, I feel I should be honest: I'm not a car-guy—at all. That said, I really like this car. For a small SUV (I don't like big vehicles.), it's really luxurious and very comfortable, and there are lots of bells-and-whistles in the premium package. The safety features provide a level of security—and alertness—that I think I've always sort of taken for granted. I like the "infotainment" system, too. It connected to my phone in about two seconds, and the clarity of the calls through the hands-free system is awesome. The ride is quiet and smooth. I couldn't be happier. Oh, and it doesn't really look like a Buick."

Great in so many ways, Not all!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Fun drive, Good mpg, Nice design"

Cons: "Buzzes, Rattles, Questionable Reliability"

"We have owned this vehicle just over a year now. We love the drive and comfort of this vehicle. Gas mileage has been pretty good. The lowest we've experienced was 28 with mixed driving and A/C used all of the time. Usually it's in the 30's. Quite pleased with the performance of the AWD for winter driving. Unfortunately I think we got the Friday or Monday car. We have a significant buzz in the upper portion of the lift gate where the window is. We have now taken it in three times to remedy this problem. We also have a rattle behind the radio area. We have taken it in twice for a fix for that as well. Each time they had the vehicle for over a week. Since new the radio has popped in all modes of operation. Whether it was with a call, radio, or whatever. Now we have experienced the screen images jumping. We are told that GM is aware of the problem and has a fix. Fingers crossed these problems get resolved. It really is a great driving car, and I would definitely love to rate it higher. It's just with our issues I fear we may be dealing with gremlins for the long haul."

Great Car for a Specific Niche

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Compact, Economical, Luxurious, Good MPG"

Cons: "Low Performance, No Garage Door Opener"

"This car is great for us! We live in a major city and need a small SUV with good gas mileage. The car is small, but it is very efficient with the space it has. It's small enough that you can fit in a lot of parking spots and the rearview camera makes parking easy. The interior features are great! I love the Pandora link and the voice controls. The gas mileage is fantastic, we have the AWD model and get an average ~27 MPG. I love the two glove compartments, one of them is quite small but it stores sunglasses and a garage door opener just fine. There are a few comfort items that are worth pointing out: 1. The visor is not like a normal visor, it's quite small and you can't extend it. As a result, it doesn't block the sun very well. 2. There is only one armrest for both front passengers, and it's not much of an arm rest. 3. The car has OnStar but no garage door opener! For a car with so many great features, it's disappointing that I have to still carry around a garage door opener. Additionally, I personally think OnStar is worthless. Especially if you have navigation in the car. 4. You need to be aware that the performance is very poor. It's a small engine and you need to be ok with that when you make this purchase. For us, we don't really care that much. You can't get this size and gas mileage without some trade off."

very good value for money spent

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"shortcoming is wiper system because the passenger side clears to right into line of sight of driver and driver side wiper does not do very good job at higher speeds, obscuring view of driver. should be reversed to passenger side instead"

I absolutely love this car.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and love the GPS/Bluetooth"

Cons: "Could use a larger storage space in back"

"Has all the bells/whistles, a comfortable ride and great on gas. I'm only filling up once every 6 days and I love it. Would recommend to anyone on the market for a compact SUV."

My favorite car ever!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very comfortable, quiet ride"

Cons: "Can't think of any at the moment"

"We were in the Ford family of fine cars for the past 40 years. Although our Fords have always been reliable, this time I wanted a comfortable, luxurious interior and better gas mileage without sacrificing space. After much research, we decided to buy an Encore and could not be more pleased. With city/highway driving, I've been averaging an impressive 31.3 miles/gallon. I can't help but smile each time I pass a gas station without filling up! The seats are extremely comfortable and the ride is smooth and noise-free. The technology is impressive, although coming from a car without all of the bells and whistles, I must admit, there is a learning curve. The Encore has more than enough get-up-and-go for me. The Buick warranty is excellent. I could not be more pleased with our purchase."

Uncomfrortable Seats

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"The front seats have no padding. You can feel the springs. On a 200 mile trip it will just kill you. My spouse and I both had back pain. Even with taking breaks it still was agony. The available adjustments to the seats didn't help. We are buying padded covers, if that doesn't help we will trade rather than have to live with this problem."

unique/expensive looking

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "unique-stylish"

"SHARP/UNIQUE/SMALL EASY TO PARK WITH BACK UP CAMERAS"

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "handles remarkable well in the snow, fuel economy"

Cons: "no heater/aircondioner vents in the back seats"

"Bought this car for my wife. She likes SUV's but wanted something compact yet luxurious. The Encore was the only car that came close to fitting these requirements. We bought the convenience package with sunroof and upgraded radio. Couldn't be happier with the car. great fuel mileage and surprisingly handles remarkable well in the snow."

First car I owned that has so many features .

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "great price and a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "I do miss a wider arm rest in between the seats."

"This is the car I was looking for luxury and dependability. The warranty is great and it stands out on the road. If I had to do it all over I would do it again. I need to get more miles on to make this statement stick."

Best empty-nester on the market

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Empty-nester special"

Cons: "2 golf bags without folding the rear seats, please"

"I'm retired. With age, my criteria have evolved. I no longer even want neck-snapping power (like my dear, departed Alfa Romeo... sniff). Now I want ease of entry/exit, and silence! And comfort, of course. Good ride, good seats, and all the creature comforts. We have had the car for five months, and have yet to carry anyone in the back seat, so I would have preferred a bit less rear seat room and a bit more trunk space -- two golf bags, please!! I literally have no criticism of this car. It is smooth and quiet. We have done eight-hour days without distress. Still... would someone please tell me why the passenger seat does not have an inboard armrest? And why the seat-back inclination is not electric... but the lumbar support is?? Gotta have a little bit of wackiness!"

One of the best cars I've had

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great price; great add-ons; fun to drive"

Cons: "no a/c seats; a little slow on pick up"

"Profile: 28 y/o female; professional. I recently purchased this car after trading in my 2011 BMW328i x drive. I started seeing ads for the Buick Encore in late 2013 and was interested. I wanted an SUV so we looked at the Encore, the Audi Q5 and the BMW x3 and x1. I couldn't come to terms with paying almost double for the Audi or BMW seeing with what I could get with the Encore. I test drove the Encore and was very happy with the handling and interior. The car looks small from the outside but the inside is surprisingly roomy! I ended up getting the Encore Premium with all the bells and whistles except for AWD. Since my husband and I were in the midst of moving from Chicago to LA, I figured AWD wasn't necessary anymore. The value and quality are top notch. It handles easily, is quiet and is quite stylish. The nav and entertainment is really easy to use. The Bose speakers are really nice too! I highly recommend this car."

Great car for seniors

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV for the senior crowd,just the right size"

Cons: "tight with back seats put down,no tailgate remote"

Softball's the game even at 75 staying alive..Great to drive my Buick SUV to the game

"Easy to get in and out of.Wife has no trouble sliding in and out of seat,she has bad arthritis.No need for running board. This SUV is only 14'6" long so it is easy to park and drive.Has premium package and feels very expansive inside but was priced moderate to other SUV's in its class.The gas mileage was 25 around town and 32 on highway. If you went over 75 on highway your gas milage went way down . The 4 cyl.engine and the 6 speed tran. didn't help at that speed. My recommendation would be to get a 6 cyl. I would also say to keep On Star as it is a big help to anybody looking for anything in areas you are not familiar with.It also tells you how the SUV is running and if the tires have the right amount of air in them. Well worth the money. The only thing I can find wrong is the tailgate is not remote.My wife needs a electric cart to get around in and I can lift the cart into the back cargo space and it fits just right.But it would have been helpful if the tailgate went up and down by itself. I am in my 70's and I have had a lot of cars in my life time but this SUV has to rate at the top for all things my wife and I need now. I would say this is a great SUV for two people ."

good performance but short on comfort

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"Lack of remote hatchback control makes life difficult for a short person. Bad oversight on Buick's part. Driver seat uncomfortable regardless of available settings. Additional fuel capacity would have been appreciated as well.Overall a reasonably acceptable vehicle for what it is despite the no-brainers."

This car saved our lives!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Crash protection, comfort, style, fuel economy"

"I loved everything about my beautiful little Encore before this past weekend and now I love it even more! We were involved in an accident that totaled the car - the front end was completely destroyed but the passenger compartment remained solidly intact and we came out with just bruises from the airbags and seat belts. The car did everything it was supposed to to protect us. I'll be heading back to Buick to get another Encore just like the one I had!"

Favorite vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, super cute and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Auto hatchback opener would be awesome."

"I did a lot of research before purchasing the 2013 Encore. I traded in a Buick Lucerne and was afraid I'd miss the big, comfortable ride. I have been very happy with the ride of the Encore though. It rides much smoother than the Toyota Rav. It also sits high enough that visibility is terrific and it is easy to park and maneuver. I have had no issues with the lack of power that some refer to. I've not had any problems passing on the highway. This is probably my favorite vehicle of all time, and I've had quite a few in my lifetime. This is a perfect vehicle for empty nesters who don't need the huge SUV anymore, but still want all the bells and whistles."

Pretty good vehicle not all I expected

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, a bit pricey for small deluxe model"

Cons: "features on Buick deluxe cars not on this vehicle"

"comfortable, peppy, roomy enough for a small family- not as fuel economic for a 4 cylinder car as I expected but fairly good considering AWD. Deluxe model not as deluxe as I expected it to be."

I spent months reserching and test driving small

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power and fuel economy"

Cons: "None at this time"

"After driving and researching small SUV`s , I chose the Buick Encore. I had read about its lack of power, really, its got a turbo charged motor, plenty of power. Great fuel mileage, 26.5 average 90% city driving. The interior is by far the nicest and most refined. Seats are a step above all others. Love the remote start feature. It gets more looks than any car I ever owned, its a sharp looking SUV, with the extra chrome that Buick puts on it and the metallic paint is beautiful. This is great buy at just over $23,400."

Absolutely A+

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

"The Encore is an Awesome vehicle , the ride is nice, its comfy, great on gas,fun to drive, what else is there? If you buy it you will not regret it. We have had so many cars we can't count and by far the Encore is the best!"

The Pro's and Con's

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I don't own this car

"I rented this vehicle and drove 3500 miles mostly freeway. I am 6'2" weigh 215lbs. Found the driver and passenger seats comfortable and steering wheel adjusts nicely. On the downside, riding in the backseat you're seating directly on top of the back wheels so you bounce around harshly. That combined with high belt line made passengers car sick. The gas pedal is positioned very upright so your foot is always cocked very upright. This wore on my foot and gave me shin splints. . . thank goodness for the cruse control. At freeway speeds this car feels great, rpm's are up so the power is there. Managed a very good 33 mpg with average speed of 68mph. Acceleration from a stop or a need for get-me-outta-here quick is very bad. Turbo lag will leave you wanting to get out and push. The manual shift feature is enabled by a toggle switch on top of the shift knob. This is very awkward and not useful when trying to get rpg's up to counter turbo lag. Storage space is tight and the car looks very small compared to a Honda CRV."

Best car I have owned in a very long time.

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Excellent Car. Great Price and a lot fun to drive."

Cons: "There are no Cons that I think of."

"I have owned a lot of new vehicles in my time. I would say about 10 new ones, both Cars, CUVs and Trucks. I must say that the 2013 Buick Encore has got be one of the very best ones I have owned. Fuel milage is excellent. I get about 31 MPG overall. You really can't beat that with a car that weights 3100 Lbs. The ride and handling are excellent. It is very quite inside, with almost no road noise. The car has a lot of goodies included such as Lane Change Warning, Collision Warning, Rear View Camera Heated Steering Wheel and Seats. 6 Way Power Seats on both Driver and Passenger side. The Engine is a small 1.4 Liter with a Turbo charger giving it the boast to really get up and going. All in all an Excellent Vehicle."

I love this car!!!

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Very luxurious and comfortable, feels sporty!!"

Cons: "I do not have any cons, I love it!!"

"I was searching for a new SUV and came across the 2013 Buick Encore. It was love at first sight!! It is just the right size for me. I am only 5'1" and have owned bigger SUV's in the past. I found them hard to maneuver and horrible on gas. My Encore is fantastic on gas and has all of the luxuries that I have always wanted. I realize there is not a lot of power under the hood but it is just enough for me."

Luxury and sport in a tidy package.

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "Almost 40 mpg hwy..AWD too, handling, braking..."

Cons: "Some think it is too small, need to drive it."

"I have yet to find a car that is perfect and will usually change what ever to my liking. Well I think I found it and it only took a couple of thousand miles! Coming from Sport Cars and Sport Sedans the Enocre will satisfy all your corner carving desires and has braking capacity to send your occupants forward onto their seat belts. Quiet, quiet, quiet too! The fuel economy that beats all but economy cars with almost 40 mpg on the highway....and that is with all-wheel drive. The BuickForums are backing this up as owners put some more miles on. Which puts at the most efficient AWD, gasoline you can buy. Super comfortable as we just put eight 8-10 hours days shopping for houses, turning around in parking lots and people's driveway the size make the perfect companion in a squeeze."

I love this car - it handles great - quiet ride.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "A dream to drive - comfortable and sporty"

Cons: "Powerful enough for me but may not be for others."

"Powerful enough for me but may not be for others. It is a luxury crossover. The heated seats and steering wheel are a treat. It rides so nicely that I need to remind myself that I am driving."