• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,036 - $23,619.

10/6.7

9.5

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

For the size outstanding unit

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

"Could have a little more power but is acceptable. Little light for cross wind gusts."

Great small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving,great gas milage,quite ride."

Cons: "Only one arm rest, not much leg room in back"

"Looked at several SUV's before purchasing. Fun driving car with great gas milage. I get 36mpg. Just wish it had two arm rests and a little more leg room in back."

Just bought this Demo have put 1000 miles on it

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, fun to drive with all the new things"

Cons: "too small of driver's armrest no pass. armrest"

"I have looked at this small suv for over a year the one I looked at before was cloth seats and no sun roof glad I waited. I found the one I wanted in the same color with leather and sun roof, the vehicle I have no problem with just the salesman that sold it to me, I was ready to take it back after finding out somethings he had totally misled me on, In KY you have 72 hours to take your trade back if bought from a dealer but the dealership redid my deal to where I was most satisfied just have a kind of bitter taste in my mouth. Overall I love the Encore. It is exactly what I was looking for in a crossover if I need the space the back seats lay down, love the heated seats, and the upgrades that Buick put in their small suv at a reasonable cost."

Fun

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Pris, mileage, it is a novel car to drive."

Cons: "Small small small, road noise, rear seat tight."

"Small is the key word. More road noise than other bricks, especially an Enclave. Mileage is terrific(33). Just not enough room for more than three grand kids and we have seven."

Luxury in a small package

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

"I was searching for another model SUV and accidentally saw the Encore on the dealership lot. It was love at first site! Mine is black. The chrome trim adds an upscale look. The interior is loaded with all the features you would find in a much more expensive SUV. I love the sunroof, blue tooth, on star. Rides like a dream. Great stereo sound system. test drive one....you will be impressed!"

Great Small SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive, appearance"

Cons: "None!"

"OK, I feel I should be honest: I'm not a car-guy—at all. That said, I really like this car. For a small SUV (I don't like big vehicles.), it's really luxurious and very comfortable, and there are lots of bells-and-whistles in the premium package. The safety features provide a level of security—and alertness—that I think I've always sort of taken for granted. I like the "infotainment" system, too. It connected to my phone in about two seconds, and the clarity of the calls through the hands-free system is awesome. The ride is quiet and smooth. I couldn't be happier. Oh, and it doesn't really look like a Buick."

Great in so many ways, Not all!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Fun drive, Good mpg, Nice design"

Cons: "Buzzes, Rattles, Questionable Reliability"

"We have owned this vehicle just over a year now. We love the drive and comfort of this vehicle. Gas mileage has been pretty good. The lowest we've experienced was 28 with mixed driving and A/C used all of the time. Usually it's in the 30's. Quite pleased with the performance of the AWD for winter driving. Unfortunately I think we got the Friday or Monday car. We have a significant buzz in the upper portion of the lift gate where the window is. We have now taken it in three times to remedy this problem. We also have a rattle behind the radio area. We have taken it in twice for a fix for that as well. Each time they had the vehicle for over a week. Since new the radio has popped in all modes of operation. Whether it was with a call, radio, or whatever. Now we have experienced the screen images jumping. We are told that GM is aware of the problem and has a fix. Fingers crossed these problems get resolved. It really is a great driving car, and I would definitely love to rate it higher. It's just with our issues I fear we may be dealing with gremlins for the long haul."

Great Car for a Specific Niche

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Compact, Economical, Luxurious, Good MPG"

Cons: "Low Performance, No Garage Door Opener"

"This car is great for us! We live in a major city and need a small SUV with good gas mileage. The car is small, but it is very efficient with the space it has. It's small enough that you can fit in a lot of parking spots and the rearview camera makes parking easy. The interior features are great! I love the Pandora link and the voice controls. The gas mileage is fantastic, we have the AWD model and get an average ~27 MPG. I love the two glove compartments, one of them is quite small but it stores sunglasses and a garage door opener just fine. There are a few comfort items that are worth pointing out: 1. The visor is not like a normal visor, it's quite small and you can't extend it. As a result, it doesn't block the sun very well. 2. There is only one armrest for both front passengers, and it's not much of an arm rest. 3. The car has OnStar but no garage door opener! For a car with so many great features, it's disappointing that I have to still carry around a garage door opener. Additionally, I personally think OnStar is worthless. Especially if you have navigation in the car. 4. You need to be aware that the performance is very poor. It's a small engine and you need to be ok with that when you make this purchase. For us, we don't really care that much. You can't get this size and gas mileage without some trade off."

very good value for money spent

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"shortcoming is wiper system because the passenger side clears to right into line of sight of driver and driver side wiper does not do very good job at higher speeds, obscuring view of driver. should be reversed to passenger side instead"

I absolutely love this car.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and love the GPS/Bluetooth"

Cons: "Could use a larger storage space in back"

"Has all the bells/whistles, a comfortable ride and great on gas. I'm only filling up once every 6 days and I love it. Would recommend to anyone on the market for a compact SUV."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next