2014 Buick Enclave

Based on 358 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

New Owner

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've had the vehicle for two months now and so far, so good. It's comfortable getting in and out of and has great styling, which has generated numerous questions of "What is that?". The excellent quiet ride and build quality is true and the sound system is great. I have a few recommendations for GM on the next go around, but nothing that should keep you from test driving an Enclave. I got the 7 year extended warranty because of our usage, but hopefully I won't ever need it. This has a surprisingly good turn radius. Looking forward to see if the AWD helps this winter."

Best Crossover SUV on the market

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Completely reliable, stylish, well appointed"

Cons: "lacks in the fuel economy category"

"My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 2008 after test driving several comparable crossover SUV models. The Buick was by far the most luxurious, quietest and well appointed vehicle in it's class. The ride is very smooth, with plenty of power despite the weight of such a large vehicle. The CXL model comes pretty much standard will all available options. The optional AWD system has been a smart choice due to some heavy snow storms and even blizzard conditions these past few winters. The Enclave had no problems traversing anything that we encountered. This provides a strong sense of confidence in driving this car. We've encountered no mechanical problems, and find that the Enclave is a vehicle we can trust to do what we need, when we need it. The only drawback to this vehicle is the fuel economy. It was rated at 16 City / 23 Highway at the time of our purchase. Our averages are slightly lower, with 15 City / 21 Highway, with an overall average fuel economy of approximately 17 mpg. Our family strongly recommends the Enclave. When it's time for us to trade in this vehicle, it will be for the newest Enclave offered."

Pros and Cons, but a really comfortable car

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

"My last few autos were a Cadillac MKX, Ford Edge, which I traded for a Hyundai Sante Fe, and now the Buick Enclave. The Hyundai was loaded, but I wanted more room for the grandkid's car seats in the 2nd row. Pros - the Enclave looks great and is sooo comfortable. After being in a smaller SUV, I'm still getting used to parallel parking this, but the comfort makes that and the gas mileage worthwhile. There is a ton of room in the Enclave. The wi-fi is nice also. Cons - less info on the dash (at the same time) than I had before (should be able to see odometer, gas mileage at the same time): back up camera screen is not as clear as the Hyundai and not usable in certain glare conditions; radio, etc slow to respond - (volume change graphic is over favorite station buttons, so if you adjust the volume, you have to wait for that to go away before you change stations), satellite radio fades out way more than in my Hyundai. And there appears to be no way to tell your headlights are on when the auto switch is on. Could really use a light/graphic on the dash."

Love this vehicle

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Perfect for both dailly driving and road trips."

Cons: "MPG and not much get up and go"

"Only complaint is the gas mileage is only about 20mpg. Way better than most SUV's this size but still wish it was better. Otherwise its comfortable, reliable and stylish. Mine is fully loaded and I love all the features."

One of the Best Rides for Long-Distance Drives

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, quality build, reliability"

Cons: "Options make it pricey very quickly."

"We bought this vehicle for only one purpose - for use on long drives which my wife and I defined as anything over 150 miles. It is an excellent choice for that. The rides is supremely comfortable and quiet. My son-in-law described it once as almost like being in a private jet. Well, not quite. I've been on private jets and those are in a different class. But I knew what he meant - the vehicle feels luxurious, spacious and solid. Oftentimes, it is just my wife and I traveling but we do appreciate the roomy cargo space especially when the third row of seats is folded down. If you do have extra passengers the 2nd and 3rd rows are easy to get in and out of - the second row seats slide forward and back. The climate controls, front and back are excellent. Our vehicle has FWD but it still gives us good traction in the snow. We drove through a blizzard once for about 100 miles and the Buick did just fine. As for its looks, I think it looks classy and timeless which is probably why Buick has kept its basic design for 10 years at least. As for reliability, we've driven it for 77,000 with major hassles thus far. The freon in the air conditioning unit had to be reloaded after 5 tough summers, the service engine light once went on but we determined it was because of something that minor engine misfire after sitting in our verybcold garage, unused for 2 months. And it is only now that we are having to consider changing the OEM Michelin tires. Assuming Buick has maintained its quality standards, I would not hesitate buying another Enclave."