• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,429 - $38,186.

10/7.4

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Worst Car Ever

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Cheap, unreliable, slow, ugly"

"2008 Buick Enclave- Cheap interior-lots of plastic "wood" and other cheap materials. Extremely underpowered. Way too slow. Overpriced. Chevy Traverse is nearly identical but 10K cheaper. Ugly Exterior. Front grill is plastic. Mechanical issues. Brakes, transmission, internal computer all had to be replaced relatively early."

Wanted the Enclave for years. Got one. Awesome.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, spacious, elegant."

Cons: "Still better than most SUVs - gas mileage."

"Where to start on my favorite car I've ever owned. Best looking vehicle in its class. Big, but not as big as the (in my opinion clunky) Tahoe. With third row seats up there is still room for stuff. Nice power for a heavy vehicle. Drives smaller than you'd think. Never understood the transmisson criticisms. I think the transmission is a postive selling point. Sweet leather. Love my cooled seats in TN summers. Love the fact that the kids can listen to a movie with their headphones while we have the radio on, sit in silence or listen along. Impressive sound system. Quiet cab ride. Comfy seats with a bazillion adjustments. Third row and rear seats fold quickly for trucklike cargo room. Nice form and finish. Gas mileage? Ok, not quite what they claim. 14-22mpg, however better than a Sequoia etc. One leaky joint that GM knocked out under warranty. Low cost insurance. The 19" wheels bling. Totally want another one with the refreshed styling but I think we are going to drive this American gem until kids go to college... in 2022."

Most time in shop in 25 years

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Very quiet for those 200-1,000 mile drives"

Cons: "Buick mistakes will pain the customer."

"Repairs are:windshield washer, plastic covers on rear view mirror, squeaky steering wheel, squeaky brakes, antifreeze leak, transmission line, what bothers me the most is the dealer never believes us. This car has spent more time in the shop than our 4 chryslers, combined. We love the quiet but hate all the time in the shop and no one seems to care. I finally emailed the investor services department, attention to the North American president to get some action. I now have a contact at executive offices. We report each trip waiting for the green light to fix the antifreeze leak. The atmospheric temperature gauge is NOT accurate. The fix is to push two buttons at the same time. They replaced the sensor BUT in reading the service bulletin I discovered that this gauge was never designed to give the driver the correct temp, it was designed to turn the heater and air conditioner on/off, I.e. Poor design. We purchased this vehicle because our Chrysler dealer went out of business and we were looking for a new dealer to give US excellent service, we made a bad choice. We will buy another enclave but not from this dealer. We are trying out a used car dealer who has a large shop. If you are not good at demanding your warranty rights then avoid the Enclave."

One of favorite cars

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "price, quality, handling and looks"

Cons: "more protective interior moonroof cover"

"For the size, lines of design and ease of handling this is by far a favorite. I have owned/operated over 10 vehicles."

does not live up to the gas rating buick gives

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "great comfort and ride"

Cons: "no cup holders bad gas miliage"

"I have yet to get 16 miles in town and or 26 highway not even close.. it is usually 14/15 town and 20 highway.."

better than the camry i traded in

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive , great on long trips"

"Great ride, lots of room. Much better ride than the camry and all around better car."

Maybe I was crazy

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, Comfortable, Smooth Ride, Quiet Interior"

Cons: "Pricey, Old Gen Bluetooth"

"I bought a 2012 Enclave certified pre owned with just under 18000 miles on it. It's about two months later and I've been pleased with the car thus far. I did choose one with the AWD feature, I mean if you're going to spend 30k+ on a used car might as well get AWD right? I bought it just before a brutal winter and it handles well in tough driving conditions. Mine is of a 'leather' version so no GPS or sunroof or anything but all of the others features are nice and work well. I especially like the remote start, heated seats, and automatic tailgate. The bluetooth was a bit of a challenge as it paired great with my phone but for playing music not so much. This was solved by using an external bluetooth dongle which works fantastic. I was very nervous as this was by far the most I had ever spent on a car but with the certification the warranty moved to 5 years/62,000 miles from the in service date which for me works out to about a 3.5 year, 44,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.. which was important to me. I haven't had any reason to service it yet, it has run flawlessly. I'm a big guy and the interior is very comfortable, even for me. All passengers have seemed to like it as well. The like tan interior which I think is called cashmere seems like it may be a challenge to keep clean. I could find one with AWD and darker interior but I think I would have preferred that. Overall I'm very pleased with the car so far and would suggest a 12 model Enclave to anyone in the enclave/acadia/traverse market."

elegant, luxurious and comfortable

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "luxurious interior, quiet comfy ride interior spa"

Cons: "gas mileage, bit bulky and slow pickup"

"The fully loaded AWD has luxurious and plush interior and fine ride quality. It is bit sluggish to accelerate and has large turining radius. Parking in tight space is not easy. Gas mileage is not great but feels like home on long drives."

Best car I've ever owned....luxury feel

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"Love my car, looking for another just like it!"

The best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "A beautiful performing car with above average mpg"

"I definitely will trade with the same dealer soon. The gas mileage has slipped some with the years but I blame it on increasing per cent of ethanol increasing."