2014 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,192 - $40,079.

10/7.4

Based on 296 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

This is a great car!

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Very easy to drive and park."

Cons: "Side mirrors interfere with side vision."

"I love everything about this car. The ONLY change I would suggest is to adjust both side view mirrors. They are large and do interfere with vision to the sides. I own a 2010 and am trading to a 2014 white diamond color, same as my 2010."

Beauty & Comfort Combined

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, room & great looks"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"I have owned my Enclave for a little over a year and I have had no problems with it. The great looks combined with the comfort are what I was looking for. It's also very roomy for hauling baby essentials as I have done with my grandson. For a large vehicle it gets good gas mileage overall. I get 20-21 for around town and hour long trips. It will get around 25-26 on the open highway. I love the remote start & heated seats! The only bad thing I can say about it is the initial acceleration is slow from a stopped position but I was used to smaller, sportier vehicles. I have found you have to apply much more to the gas pedal with the Enclave. However, if you are already traveling it seems to pick up & move much quicker."

Mr

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "price,looks,driving,comfort,mileage."

Cons: "blind spt.ov rt.& lft. shoulder can't comp. for it"

"this is our second enclave.the price was right,the car is excellent to drive and the compliments on its looks abound.the mileage is what was advertised,it's everything and more of what we wanted in a car.should we buy another car it will be buick enclave,fully loaded.would recommend this make and model to anyone."

Pros: "Stylish/attractive, economical for the size"

"This is the ideal car for a family that wants to travel in style and comfort, with room to spare, and great economy, especially when compared to the competition."

best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"very easy to drive, very comfortable"

best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"very easy to drive, very comfortable"

After buying my first Enclave I am giving GM a 10!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Easy handling, beautiful styling, plus safety !"

Cons: "Getting about 26 mpg but this is a big vehicle!"

"The premier Buick Enclave is attractive, luxurious, and a sensible option for a former Montana van owner. This SUV is easy to drive and very quiet on the road. The leather seats are comfortable and the armrests and headrests seem to fit riders well. The accessibility to the rear seats is excellent and the Bose sound system is pleasant. I have driven Cadillacs that were not this well appointed! Bravo Buick! I also noted this vehicle won the best medium size suv title this year."

Worst Car Ever

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Cheap, unreliable, slow, ugly"

"2008 Buick Enclave- Cheap interior-lots of plastic "wood" and other cheap materials. Extremely underpowered. Way too slow. Overpriced. Chevy Traverse is nearly identical but 10K cheaper. Ugly Exterior. Front grill is plastic. Mechanical issues. Brakes, transmission, internal computer all had to be replaced relatively early."

Wanted the Enclave for years. Got one. Awesome.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, spacious, elegant."

Cons: "Still better than most SUVs - gas mileage."

"Where to start on my favorite car I've ever owned. Best looking vehicle in its class. Big, but not as big as the (in my opinion clunky) Tahoe. With third row seats up there is still room for stuff. Nice power for a heavy vehicle. Drives smaller than you'd think. Never understood the transmisson criticisms. I think the transmission is a postive selling point. Sweet leather. Love my cooled seats in TN summers. Love the fact that the kids can listen to a movie with their headphones while we have the radio on, sit in silence or listen along. Impressive sound system. Quiet cab ride. Comfy seats with a bazillion adjustments. Third row and rear seats fold quickly for trucklike cargo room. Nice form and finish. Gas mileage? Ok, not quite what they claim. 14-22mpg, however better than a Sequoia etc. One leaky joint that GM knocked out under warranty. Low cost insurance. The 19" wheels bling. Totally want another one with the refreshed styling but I think we are going to drive this American gem until kids go to college... in 2022."

Most time in shop in 25 years

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Very quiet for those 200-1,000 mile drives"

Cons: "Buick mistakes will pain the customer."

"Repairs are:windshield washer, plastic covers on rear view mirror, squeaky steering wheel, squeaky brakes, antifreeze leak, transmission line, what bothers me the most is the dealer never believes us. This car has spent more time in the shop than our 4 chryslers, combined. We love the quiet but hate all the time in the shop and no one seems to care. I finally emailed the investor services department, attention to the North American president to get some action. I now have a contact at executive offices. We report each trip waiting for the green light to fix the antifreeze leak. The atmospheric temperature gauge is NOT accurate. The fix is to push two buttons at the same time. They replaced the sensor BUT in reading the service bulletin I discovered that this gauge was never designed to give the driver the correct temp, it was designed to turn the heater and air conditioner on/off, I.e. Poor design. We purchased this vehicle because our Chrysler dealer went out of business and we were looking for a new dealer to give US excellent service, we made a bad choice. We will buy another enclave but not from this dealer. We are trying out a used car dealer who has a large shop. If you are not good at demanding your warranty rights then avoid the Enclave."

One of favorite cars

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "price, quality, handling and looks"

Cons: "more protective interior moonroof cover"

"For the size, lines of design and ease of handling this is by far a favorite. I have owned/operated over 10 vehicles."

does not live up to the gas rating buick gives

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "great comfort and ride"

Cons: "no cup holders bad gas miliage"

"I have yet to get 16 miles in town and or 26 highway not even close.. it is usually 14/15 town and 20 highway.."

better than the camry i traded in

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive , great on long trips"

"Great ride, lots of room. Much better ride than the camry and all around better car."

Maybe I was crazy

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, Comfortable, Smooth Ride, Quiet Interior"

Cons: "Pricey, Old Gen Bluetooth"

"I bought a 2012 Enclave certified pre owned with just under 18000 miles on it. It's about two months later and I've been pleased with the car thus far. I did choose one with the AWD feature, I mean if you're going to spend 30k+ on a used car might as well get AWD right? I bought it just before a brutal winter and it handles well in tough driving conditions. Mine is of a 'leather' version so no GPS or sunroof or anything but all of the others features are nice and work well. I especially like the remote start, heated seats, and automatic tailgate. The bluetooth was a bit of a challenge as it paired great with my phone but for playing music not so much. This was solved by using an external bluetooth dongle which works fantastic. I was very nervous as this was by far the most I had ever spent on a car but with the certification the warranty moved to 5 years/62,000 miles from the in service date which for me works out to about a 3.5 year, 44,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.. which was important to me. I haven't had any reason to service it yet, it has run flawlessly. I'm a big guy and the interior is very comfortable, even for me. All passengers have seemed to like it as well. The like tan interior which I think is called cashmere seems like it may be a challenge to keep clean. I could find one with AWD and darker interior but I think I would have preferred that. Overall I'm very pleased with the car so far and would suggest a 12 model Enclave to anyone in the enclave/acadia/traverse market."

elegant, luxurious and comfortable

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "luxurious interior, quiet comfy ride interior spa"

Cons: "gas mileage, bit bulky and slow pickup"

"The fully loaded AWD has luxurious and plush interior and fine ride quality. It is bit sluggish to accelerate and has large turining radius. Parking in tight space is not easy. Gas mileage is not great but feels like home on long drives."

Best car I've ever owned....luxury feel

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"Love my car, looking for another just like it!"

The best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "A beautiful performing car with above average mpg"

"I definitely will trade with the same dealer soon. The gas mileage has slipped some with the years but I blame it on increasing per cent of ethanol increasing."

Don't like it

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, quiet"

Cons: "transmission, poor assembly, inflexible layout"

"First off, I sold an 8 year old Chrysler T&C of nearly identical dimensions with 90 HP less and a 4 speed auto vs 6 speed. I miss the sliding doors, removable seats and rear quarter opening vent windows a lot more than I expected (I sometimes unbolt the middle seats to increase floor space). Surprisingly, though, the lower power Chrysler was more pleasant to drive on the highway, especially in places like the mountains in northern California. Just pop it out of the 4th gear (overdrive) and you never even know it, yet you accelerate and decelerate smoothly and quietly. This Buick never seems to know what gear it wants to be in. Put it in 5 and it's often too high; put it in 4 and the engine is too noisy and brakes too fast. And by the way, if you shift to manual mode while driving, it drops down 2 gears automatically instead of just staying where it is or only dropping one gear. I have to move it into manual and then very quickly push the selector up twice to keep the car from slamming on the compression braking. The transmission is awful in other ways, too. It shifts into 4th at 41 mph, then downshifts at 39 mph. With the prevailing speed limit in my part of the city being 40 mph, the car is constantly shifting up and down. And you really feel the downshifts, too. Really, really annoying. It often feels like it's not sure what gear it's in, like the trans is floating. Annoying. On its first acceleration of the day, the trans shifts very slowly from 2 to 3 with the engine racing up about 400 RPM during the shift. Only on the first shift. No surprise, the dealer says the car is "to spec." Regardless of what they claim, these guys only hook up a diagnostic computer, and if it doesn't show a fault, the car must be just dandy. The trans is getting worse, so I'll be trading it in on another Chrysler before the 5 year warranty expires (unless it fails first). By the way, I had 2 Chrysler T&Cs over a 16 year period and they spent less time in the shop in those 16 years than this one has in 3 years. The car does ride nicely and quietly on city streets, and handles well for a behemoth."

the best SUV in its class on the market. Love it

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "GREAT ROAD HANDLING, QUITE INTERIOR."

Cons: "THE DRIVER SEAT COULD BE MADE MORE COMFY"

"I purchased this vehicle brand new- CXL AWD WHITE DAIMOND TRICOAT- after looking at the ACURA, FORD, TOYOTA, HONDA, MERCEDES AND VOLVO. The Enclave was superb over the competitors period!!. I have not had any problems with it. Excellent reliability, low maintenance cost compared to my Jaguar Van Der Plas edition. The ON STAR navigation assistance comes very handy, and the GPS had not failed yet. If you are looking for a great family car for long road trips consider the ENCLAVE. kudos GM!!!"

Has met or exceeded all our expectations

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "dependable, comfortable, quiet, powerful"

Cons: "Dasboard controls could be more convenient"

"During the January 2014 snowstorms we found that we were able to forge thru 3 foot drifts with ease while our neighbors cars were hopelessly buried."

Like it so much it will also be my next car

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Trouble free and comfortable"

Cons: "No easy access for USB port."

"I've driven everything from Ford's, Chrysler 300's, Mercedes S class, Audi's to this Buick Enclave. I loaded it up and cost $50K off the lot. Not cheap BUT....it's the best car I've ever owned. Comfortable, quiet, ergonomic interior, great sound (Bose) roomy, solid, and literally maintenance free. Warranty ends in about 2,000 miles and isn't that when things go wrong??? We'll see. It would be very hard to talk me out of another one just like this when the time comes. Mileage: 23-24 on the road. 14-17 in the city."

Love the vehicle

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Feel very safe in it"

Cons: "Has one blind spot for me"

"I no longer need a car this large after the death of my husband. I need something a bit smaller."

Best vehicle I've driven

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Reliability, Space, Features"

Cons: "Low MPG, High cost for tires and maintenance"

"I bought my 2008 Enclave in 2010 and I've enjoyed driving it. It has more than enough space for my family of four and our two dogs. The features in the CXL are great. It's been the most reliable and comfortable car I've owned and I usually get a new car every two years. I've held on to this one because it's been such an amazing vehicle. I am down-sizing now because my husband just bought an SUV and we don't need two. Because I'm so pleased with the quality, I'm switching to the Buick Lacrosse. I highly recommend the Enclave if you can handle the low MPG."