2012 Buick Enclave

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Very Good Minivan Alternative

By on Saturday, March 05, 2011

"Large roomy vehicle with a smooth comfortable ride. Gas mileage is so-so but get a smaller vehicle if that is a concern. Rear of vehicles can cause larger than normal blind spots but again take a good look before changing lanes. The trans can be jumpy as it searches for the right gear so take it for long test drives at different speeds so you can judge for yourself if it is too much for you. If you have trouble judging distance while you park you definitely will need the rear parking assist. To sum it up if you need a family hauler but don't want the minvan this is a good alternative for a reasonable price. Remember this is a short term owner's review who knows how it will hold up long term but you never know until time goes by."

best car ever

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"Bought my enclave 4/20/07 when they first came out.had to go to another state because it wasn't in louisiana where i lived yet. seen it in gulfport,ms test drove it came home got my wife to test drive it love it. came back 2 days latter paid cash for car,have no regrets. thinking about trading and buying the 2010 model,well maybe i must admit i like this car to much,does turn heads,always wash my own cars,no soap just plain water,still looks like it came from showroom.great job detroit,you can make a great car when you want to........."

Great Crossover

By on Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Bought it USED. Comfortable ride and user friendly controls inside. Handles terrific and is real quiet on the highway and around town. Only issue is w/ the engine wanting to stay in low gear more often than I am used to--there is plenty of power available, but you have to mash it. I guess it is to help w/ the mpg's. Looks a little small on the outside, but has LOTS OF ROOM."

New Owner

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've had the vehicle for two months now and so far, so good. It's comfortable getting in and out of and has great styling, which has generated numerous questions of "What is that?". The excellent quiet ride and build quality is true and the sound system is great. I have a few recommendations for GM on the next go around, but nothing that should keep you from test driving an Enclave. I got the 7 year extended warranty because of our usage, but hopefully I won't ever need it. This has a surprisingly good turn radius. Looking forward to see if the AWD helps this winter."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and quiet"

Cons: "Haven't found any"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

"This is the quietest and most comfortable car I have driven. The handling is amazing for a heavy car and the third row seat is easy access, plenty of leg room and comfortable. My next car will again be a Buick Enclave"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

Pay to Play

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Highway behavior, quiet cabin, amenities"

Cons: "fuel economy, nav, radio and onboard tech clunky"

"This is my first GM car in many years. I've been uniformly impressed with reliability, fit and finish, ride quality and amenities. Its a beautiful car and a great way to get a big family from one place to another. Downside is cost of operation (fuel economy) and tech sophistication. Nav and radio could be outsourced and upgraded considerably. Bose speakers are overmatched against the radio, etc. These are both sort of clunky and outdated."

Does what is expected as advertised

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, quiet SUV, plenty of entertainment"

Cons: "No hybrid version available"

"This is a big SUV, but smaller than the full-size truck based SUVs. With that you get better gas mileage, and a lower towing capacity, but all the comfort of the larger SUVs. We have enjoyed this on long trips where our young identical twins will fall asleep without fail. So will my wife! The car at the time was advertised as "Quietuned" and we have to agree, it does live up to its billing. Gas mileage for an 8 seater is what you would expect. We average on semi-congested traffic about 17-18 mpg. On the highway we beat the 22 mpg estimate usually with 23 or 24 mpg. In the city, it will fall to about 14 mpg but it is rarely driven there. The video system works well and is entertaining for those in the back seat (built in Panasonic system). The GPS and bluetooth technology is well integrated with the OnStar equipment. Handling is better than one would expect of a vehicle this size. Overall, has been reliable but it has been recalled three times in four years. Nothing for anything too serious except for the water pump. Why it gets a 9 - it has not stranded us, but some things had to be fixed/replaced."

Overall a great car

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Adaptive lights, comfort, ambient lighting, new"

Cons: "Should have real wood trim for 53k"

"Mines a 13 so I think that some of the negative reviews on here are from the previous model. New redesign is gorgeous and has every option that I had in my X5 without the BMW drama"

Overall a great car

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Adaptive lights, comfort, ambient lighting, new"

Cons: "Should have real wood trim for 53k"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "QUIET!!! Easy to drive."

Cons: "Cost of engine tune-up."

"The first picture I ever saw of the Enclave convinced me I was going to own one! It took me almost two years, but I finally made the purchase! It was the best decision I've ever made concerning automobiles. The car drives like a dream and is just as tight and quiet as the day I drove it off the dealers lot. All service records are up to date and the only people who have touched it, save for a new set of tires, are the technicians at the dealership where it was purchased. I would highly recommend this car to anybody who is interested in this type of vehicle. I can envision putting 250,000 miles on this car with no problem."