• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Buick Enclave

Based on 285 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Overall nice ride with some exceptions

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior with nice appointments"

Cons: "Poor MPG, harsh shifting, under powered."

"This car is underpowered. It has the 3.6 VVT engine and downshifts harshly on the slightest inclines. The engine has been throwing a check engine code P0017 off and on for several months and has finally come on constantly. Local Buick dealer says this means the timing chains are wearing out and the replacement cost is $2000. I think this is poor engineering for a vehicle that sells for over $40,000. Buick service tells me they will not help with the cost of repairs, so if you don't want to trade every 50k miles, DON'T BUY A GM VEHICLE WITH THE 3.6 VVT engine!"

Love my Enclave

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfortable, smooth ride, plenty of room"

Cons: "No sunroof"

"I fell in love with the Buick Enclave the very first time I saw one. When I was in the market for a new car, I did not hesitate and got my very own Enclave. I absolutely love this SUV. It took a little adjusting to in the beginning going from a Expedition to the Enclave. This is an absolutely wonderful vehicle. It is comfortable and has plenty of room. The only complaint I have is that I don't have a sunroof."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and quiet"

Cons: "Haven't found any"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

"This is the quietest and most comfortable car I have driven. The handling is amazing for a heavy car and the third row seat is easy access, plenty of leg room and comfortable. My next car will again be a Buick Enclave"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

Exactly what we were looking for!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, space, beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "Handling could be a bit tighter"

"Just took delivery of a 2014 Leather AWD w/ sunroof and nav. After some commuting miles around the Boston area and a nice 450+ mile road trip, couldn't be happier. It is quiet, smooth and everything I have liked about former Buicks. I am in my young 30's and love it, easily holds the 2 kids and all their gear. The only downsides are that handling could be slightly crisper and I wish the engine was a little more efficient (see below). With that being said, it is a great cruiser and it puts you at ease while driving and while the mpg rating might be low, I was able to pull down 22.5 and 23 while traveling 70-80 mph on the highway loaded up and with hitting some minor hills in the Berkshires in western MA, easily meeting and beating the 22 mpg on the sticker even while not fully broken in. Extremely happy with the Enclave."

Pay to Play

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Highway behavior, quiet cabin, amenities"

Cons: "fuel economy, nav, radio and onboard tech clunky"

"This is my first GM car in many years. I've been uniformly impressed with reliability, fit and finish, ride quality and amenities. Its a beautiful car and a great way to get a big family from one place to another. Downside is cost of operation (fuel economy) and tech sophistication. Nav and radio could be outsourced and upgraded considerably. Bose speakers are overmatched against the radio, etc. These are both sort of clunky and outdated."

See if you qualify for