2012 Buick Enclave

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Pay to Play

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Highway behavior, quiet cabin, amenities"

Cons: "fuel economy, nav, radio and onboard tech clunky"

"This is my first GM car in many years. I've been uniformly impressed with reliability, fit and finish, ride quality and amenities. Its a beautiful car and a great way to get a big family from one place to another. Downside is cost of operation (fuel economy) and tech sophistication. Nav and radio could be outsourced and upgraded considerably. Bose speakers are overmatched against the radio, etc. These are both sort of clunky and outdated."

Does what is expected as advertised

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, quiet SUV, plenty of entertainment"

Cons: "No hybrid version available"

"This is a big SUV, but smaller than the full-size truck based SUVs. With that you get better gas mileage, and a lower towing capacity, but all the comfort of the larger SUVs. We have enjoyed this on long trips where our young identical twins will fall asleep without fail. So will my wife! The car at the time was advertised as "Quietuned" and we have to agree, it does live up to its billing. Gas mileage for an 8 seater is what you would expect. We average on semi-congested traffic about 17-18 mpg. On the highway we beat the 22 mpg estimate usually with 23 or 24 mpg. In the city, it will fall to about 14 mpg but it is rarely driven there. The video system works well and is entertaining for those in the back seat (built in Panasonic system). The GPS and bluetooth technology is well integrated with the OnStar equipment. Handling is better than one would expect of a vehicle this size. Overall, has been reliable but it has been recalled three times in four years. Nothing for anything too serious except for the water pump. Why it gets a 9 - it has not stranded us, but some things had to be fixed/replaced."

Overall a great car

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Adaptive lights, comfort, ambient lighting, new"

Cons: "Should have real wood trim for 53k"

"Mines a 13 so I think that some of the negative reviews on here are from the previous model. New redesign is gorgeous and has every option that I had in my X5 without the BMW drama"

Overall a great car

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Adaptive lights, comfort, ambient lighting, new"

Cons: "Should have real wood trim for 53k"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "QUIET!!! Easy to drive."

Cons: "Cost of engine tune-up."

"The first picture I ever saw of the Enclave convinced me I was going to own one! It took me almost two years, but I finally made the purchase! It was the best decision I've ever made concerning automobiles. The car drives like a dream and is just as tight and quiet as the day I drove it off the dealers lot. All service records are up to date and the only people who have touched it, save for a new set of tires, are the technicians at the dealership where it was purchased. I would highly recommend this car to anybody who is interested in this type of vehicle. I can envision putting 250,000 miles on this car with no problem."