2011 Buick Enclave

Based on 358 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

New Owner

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've had the vehicle for two months now and so far, so good. It's comfortable getting in and out of and has great styling, which has generated numerous questions of "What is that?". The excellent quiet ride and build quality is true and the sound system is great. I have a few recommendations for GM on the next go around, but nothing that should keep you from test driving an Enclave. I got the 7 year extended warranty because of our usage, but hopefully I won't ever need it. This has a surprisingly good turn radius. Looking forward to see if the AWD helps this winter."

Best Crossover SUV on the market

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Completely reliable, stylish, well appointed"

Cons: "lacks in the fuel economy category"

"My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 2008 after test driving several comparable crossover SUV models. The Buick was by far the most luxurious, quietest and well appointed vehicle in it's class. The ride is very smooth, with plenty of power despite the weight of such a large vehicle. The CXL model comes pretty much standard will all available options. The optional AWD system has been a smart choice due to some heavy snow storms and even blizzard conditions these past few winters. The Enclave had no problems traversing anything that we encountered. This provides a strong sense of confidence in driving this car. We've encountered no mechanical problems, and find that the Enclave is a vehicle we can trust to do what we need, when we need it. The only drawback to this vehicle is the fuel economy. It was rated at 16 City / 23 Highway at the time of our purchase. Our averages are slightly lower, with 15 City / 21 Highway, with an overall average fuel economy of approximately 17 mpg. Our family strongly recommends the Enclave. When it's time for us to trade in this vehicle, it will be for the newest Enclave offered."

Pros and Cons, but a really comfortable car

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

"My last few autos were a Cadillac MKX, Ford Edge, which I traded for a Hyundai Sante Fe, and now the Buick Enclave. The Hyundai was loaded, but I wanted more room for the grandkid's car seats in the 2nd row. Pros - the Enclave looks great and is sooo comfortable. After being in a smaller SUV, I'm still getting used to parallel parking this, but the comfort makes that and the gas mileage worthwhile. There is a ton of room in the Enclave. The wi-fi is nice also. Cons - less info on the dash (at the same time) than I had before (should be able to see odometer, gas mileage at the same time): back up camera screen is not as clear as the Hyundai and not usable in certain glare conditions; radio, etc slow to respond - (volume change graphic is over favorite station buttons, so if you adjust the volume, you have to wait for that to go away before you change stations), satellite radio fades out way more than in my Hyundai. And there appears to be no way to tell your headlights are on when the auto switch is on. Could really use a light/graphic on the dash."

Love this vehicle

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Perfect for both dailly driving and road trips."

Cons: "MPG and not much get up and go"

"Only complaint is the gas mileage is only about 20mpg. Way better than most SUV's this size but still wish it was better. Otherwise its comfortable, reliable and stylish. Mine is fully loaded and I love all the features."

One of the Best Rides for Long-Distance Drives

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, quality build, reliability"

Cons: "Options make it pricey very quickly."

"We bought this vehicle for only one purpose - for use on long drives which my wife and I defined as anything over 150 miles. It is an excellent choice for that. The rides is supremely comfortable and quiet. My son-in-law described it once as almost like being in a private jet. Well, not quite. I've been on private jets and those are in a different class. But I knew what he meant - the vehicle feels luxurious, spacious and solid. Oftentimes, it is just my wife and I traveling but we do appreciate the roomy cargo space especially when the third row of seats is folded down. If you do have extra passengers the 2nd and 3rd rows are easy to get in and out of - the second row seats slide forward and back. The climate controls, front and back are excellent. Our vehicle has FWD but it still gives us good traction in the snow. We drove through a blizzard once for about 100 miles and the Buick did just fine. As for its looks, I think it looks classy and timeless which is probably why Buick has kept its basic design for 10 years at least. As for reliability, we've driven it for 77,000 with major hassles thus far. The freon in the air conditioning unit had to be reloaded after 5 tough summers, the service engine light once went on but we determined it was because of something that minor engine misfire after sitting in our verybcold garage, unused for 2 months. And it is only now that we are having to consider changing the OEM Michelin tires. Assuming Buick has maintained its quality standards, I would not hesitate buying another Enclave."

Rides very well. Good car for travel.

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pros: "Very good ride. Safe, nice car."

Cons: "Wife has a little trouble with rear visibility."

"Very nice car. Rides very well. Heavy, safe. Ride is similar to the larger Lincoln Town Cars that we once had."

Best Ever

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I have had lots of luxury vehicles incl Cadillac, and Lexus. This Enclave is the best yet in terms of performance, style , and comfort. Would get another hands down."

No surprises

By on Sunday, September 11, 2016

"Gas, oil, tires, wiper blades... only thing I have spent money on in 88000 miles. Very roomy--more than I even need. Next vehicle will be a little smaller. I like the new Acadia."

love it

By on Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"i cant complan i love it had it for six monthes and never had a problom"

Great car

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"Needs more adjustment on wheel tilt to see the gauges better. Milage is under rated and I have had 28 mpg on the highway."

Great vehicle which drives smoothly

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, safe, comfortable interior"

"I purchased my Enclave in 2008 and have loved it more than any other vehicle I have owned or driven. I upsized to an SUV after a harsh winter. I wanted the security of an all wheel drive vehicle and also the extra space for family and cargo. I got that and so much more. It is such a smooth and quiet drive and the interior is very comfortable and roomy. I have accumulated over 55,000 miles and have had no issues requiring service."

Pleasant Surprise

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Was going to buy a GMC Acadia but wife pushed for the Enclave. She was right by a mile! Get compliments from everyone who rides in the car for comfort, quietness, sound system, details to finish. Mileage not quite up to expectations. Running about 2 mpg less than advertised. Buick needs to relocate the hooks for hanging clothes. Very hard to reach from either second row or from tailgate. Getting used to not having the power I had from my Chrysler 300C hemi but really don't have complaints. Definately need the running boards. Entry and exit can be difficult. Need hand grip on drivers side like there is on the passenger side."

Rides like a cadllic , handle great on the road,

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

"Buick hit a home run with this vehicle good fuel mileage plenty of room. Excellent interior with the leather seats, Couldn't ask for a better ride on long trips."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great family car"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Wonderful handling on the road. Comfort plus and so roomy!"

great automobile

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

"One of the best automobiles I have ever owned."

Best Vehicle I have purchased in several years!!!

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Roomy, Drives wonderful"

"I trade every couple of years but this vehicle is a KEEPER! I love my Enclave and I would recommend this car to anyone!!!!!"

quiet, smooth, comfortable, will buy another one!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "quiet, smooth, comfortable, power, handling"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought the car after having a Lexus RX. It has more room and tons of cargo area. Room for a mobilty scooter with a Bruno Curbsider. Handles well, has power when you need it and the quality of workmanship is surprisingly good. If they could get the gas mileage a little higher it would be a great car!"

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Ability to handle poor road condition"

Cons: "MPG seldom more that 20."

"Evertything about this car is wonderful except the gas mileage. If I could get 25 to 30 MPG, I would rate it straight 5s."

Absolutely love my Enclave

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

"Great car. Perfect for hauling around my two little girls. Handles great - will not buy a different vehicle as long as they continue to make this car."

Great for road trips

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "comfortn and safety"

Cons: "wish pssngr door had all window controls too"

"Buck, our Buick, has been a several long road trips and it has been a joy. The seats are extremely comfortable. The ability to flip all the seats up and down makes for inumerable configurations to fit luggage, passengers and loot. We have a center console that also can flip forward, the perfect size for our six pack cooler to sit on with pop and snacks for that days drive."

great car

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"we've had this since 2008 and LOVE it. plenty of room for 3 car seats (even in one row since we opted for the bench seat in the middle), but we can also separate them for long trips. gas mileage is not as good as expected when driving in the city/hwy combined, but on trips we usually average 23-24 mpg. doesn't have the best power, but it is much better than i expected after reading reviews. we've only had minor unexpected issues (like it not being as quiet of a ride as we expected). overall though, am very happy with it and am actually not looking to change it anytime soon (we usually get a new car every 2-3 years)"

Awesome

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Purchased this vehicle new and after 2 years we love it as much as when it was new. Driven it 36,000 miles and enjoyed every mile. Never a minutes problem, looks and drives like a million dollar, and comfort is the best. Now we need a red one just like it =)."

Love It!

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"After driving Suburbans and Yukon XLs for 13 years, I was ready to downsize. This Enclave was perfect, as it still has lots of cargo room when you put the 3rd row seating down, and yet we still have the 3rd row seating when we need it. It rides and drives well, has every feature you can think of, and I love the styling. The gas mileage is a big improvement too--I don't think I have ever gotten less that 20 miles to the gallon. I like that it is still an SUV and sits higher than a car, but it drives more like a car than an SUV. The only negative thing I have to say is that the seats are not as comfortable as the Yukon XL. On long trips, pretty much everyone in the car is complaining after a few hours. Luckily, I am rarely in the car for longer than an hour and a half, so it has not been a huge problem. Hope that GM fixes this."

Best I've Ever Owned

By on Sunday, September 6, 2009

"The Buick Enclave is the best riding vehicle that I have ever driven. It's so quite and it is like riding on air. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any and all my friends. The sleek style is one of my favorite things about this car."

Best SUV I've owned

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I love just about everything on my Enclave. I regret it does not sync with my ipod touch, or send it's videos to the dvd player. The floormats could have been more durable. The drivers seat is not sumptuous enough. Everything else is wonderful."