2009 Buick Enclave

Based on 346 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

very good car

By on Sunday, February 06, 2011

"Had this suv for 2 1/2 years. I have found nothing about it that I don't like except for the layout and location of the air condition and heater controls. Rides excellent and the cabin is extremely quiet."

By on Sunday, February 06, 2011

"great vehicle one of the best i have ever owned"

Really love it

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"We bought our Enclave new in 2008 and I STILL love it. I had a bulky Denali before and I feel like I have MORE room with the Enclave because all of the seats fold flat down plus better gas mileage and easier handling. It has proved itself tough with my 3 kids and we have thoroughly enjoyed it!"

a great looking vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

"We love this car. This is the 3rd enclave in the family. It handles great rides great and the gas mileage is not as bad as everybody says. We averaged 22.8 miles per gallon going to virginia to visit family. It's roomy and VERY QUITE. Just don't look to hang dry cleaning not easy or close to you. A perfect family crossover with minivan touchs. A whole lot sharper looking"

quiet luxury

By on Monday, May 24, 2010

"This vehicle is a wonderful family car, but is also a joy to just drive and ride in. Very comfortable and extremely quiet."

GREAT VEHICLE but needs to be lighter

By on Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Bought SUV for room to haul kids/grandkids and it has proven to be a great vehicle. My recommendation to GM is to work at making lighter so gas mileage improves. I do get 21-22 mpg on the highway."

back with a GM after 15 years

By on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Its been 15 years since I bought a Gm car , Have been buying Mersedez , BWM , Jaguar , and of course good old ford .... This was a dessison based on value and bang for buck , this car has Impressed me , and I have driven them all . For a good solid family car with room and style . We loooked at every possiable car , van , truck . from the GL 450 for 78k down to the toyota seina for 32k , no how no way you will find more car for your dollar .. Its a sexy looking car awesome ride and built well . I wanted to write a reveiw because I always read them on kbb and always find them helpfull . So if you are ona budget and need a large truck that drives like a car that you can also take the wife out in and she will not hide under the seat ... this is a great car . I highly recomend ...."

Best I've Ever Owned

By on Sunday, September 06, 2009

"The Buick Enclave is the best riding vehicle that I have ever driven. It's so quite and it is like riding on air. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any and all my friends. The sleek style is one of my favorite things about this car."

We made a good choice

By on Sunday, August 09, 2009

"We owned an Infinity I30 w/ 218,000 miles and planed to stay with that brand but wanted the 3 row seating. We purchased on Feb 16 09 and have 9000 miles. We ave about 21 mpg on the CLX awd. It is very quiet and drives great! The only problem is with the rear window. They need to put the GMC window on the Enclave"

true love

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"My wife & I fell in love with this vehicle the moment we saw it's profile in the dealers lot,talk about a wow factor.After test driving this remarkable vehicle we were convinced it would meet all our need's.It handle's extremely well for it's size, has ample power,& is as quiet as I have ever experienced.The brakes are superb & the amenities are impressive especially the seating & rear view camera, we now have one on order it's a CXL."

awsome quiet ride

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"we cannot be happier with our choice of this vehicle. Turning lots of heads. Very sharp styling,very rich comfortable interior. Lots of room inside. Rides like a caddy. Precise steering. Great navigation and sound system. well worth the price. This vehicle has restored my faith in GM. You will not be sorry if you choose the vehicle."

What a beauty!

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"THE best vehicle, without a doubt, in it's class. Smooth, quiet ride, plenty of power (people don't buy this for racing), attractive and comfortable interior. Only thing I would change would be body side moldings as I am a little nervous parking it in busy lots due to door dings. If the Enclave is a sign of things to come from Buick they'll be around for years to come."

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"Very Stylish, comfortable, and rides smooth. Problems with drive shaft messing up every 3 months and AC very loud! Otherwise OK car. A little pricey for all the problems I've had but hey it has a 100,000 mile warranty even bought extra warranty. I agree though Buick could have done a little better on such a pricey car!"

best i ever owned

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"I have only owned fords. I loved the cars looks and took a chance. it is clearly the best car I have ever owned. Quality, performance and the extra's make this car uncomparable.l"

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"LOVE THE RIDE AND LOOK -NO QUALMS ABOUT THAT. BUT THE GAS MILEAGE AND THE WAY IT SHIFTS ISN'T GREAT. THIS IS A VERY SLUGGISH VEHICLE WHEN SHIFTING. IF GM COULD PERFECT THIS IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!"

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH OUR NEW BUICK. IT SEEMS TO TURN HEADS AND IS A POWERFUL, COMFORTABLE RIDE. IT IS ROOMY ENOUGH FOR MY FAMILY OF FIVE. FOR THE PRICE, I EXPECT THIS VEHICLE TO BE A QUALITY RIDE FREE OF PROBLEMS. THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF TALK ABOUT QUIETNESS....AT THIS POINT IT APPEARS AVERAGE IN THIS AREA. GAS MILEAGE IS GOOD. SOUND SYSTEM IS GREAT. CLASSY INTERIOR. MY WIFE IS HAPPY. I WOULD BUY IT AGAIN."

superb auto

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"Love this car, it's a little rougher ride than your grandma's buick due to this being more of a crossover but it is luxury at its best, gas mileage could be better but I guess if you can afford this pricey auto than you can afford to fill it too! I've had mine now for 8 months and it's still fun to drive."

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"this was the best choice i made when it came down to choosing a family car....real quiet and it handles great. i get good gas mileage compared to my other vehicle i had that carried 7 passengers.highly recommended.."

Best Vehicle ever

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"This is a great car, very comfortable, stylish. This is a upscale vehicle without a upscale price. My wife loves her new Enclave! We get a lot of compliments on our new car. Just needs a little more get up and go."

Guiet, plush, joy to drive

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"We did a lot of research for our purchase of a new vehicle. We wanted a "upscale" vehicle that drove like a luxury sedan, had cargo space like a mini van, and sat higher, like a SUV. This vehicle met all of our expectations and then some. The Bose speaker system is awesome...the attention to details such as stability, driver comfort, quietness in the cabin, and over all ride is fantastic. We're getting a little better than expected gas mileage, with nearly 27mpg on the highway. The safety features are excellent, as well as attention to the little details. This vehicle turns heads. We'd buy it again!"

A reliable "American" car

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "price, space, quality, look"

Cons: "auxiliary jack location, old fashioned key"

"I bought my Enclave about 1 year ago. I chose it over the similar GMC Acadia because I liked the look of the Buick better and it had a slightly better warranty and specs. I have had only one minor problem since my purchase. The cap of my roof rack has flown off my car twice for some unknown reason. Both times the dealership replaced the part, and the second time, made sure it would not come off again. My only complaint would be the location of the auxiliary jack for mp3 players. It is located on the dash instead of in the more convenient center console like many other vehicles. Also, it would be nice if this vehicle had a push button start or a "keyfob" instead of the old fashioned key. (I guess the old fashioned key is due to this vehicle being targeted more at older generations than me) The great feature of the Enclave is the amount of space it has inside. A 6 foot tall adult can sit in the 3rd row comfortably and the seats fold down to create a flat surface. Also, the ride is quiet and smooth and the finishes look very nice. I have always hated wood grained interiors because they looked cheap and fake to me until I saw the wood grain on the Enclave. I loved it. There is also a bit of a blind spot but it is no worse than the blind spot I noticed in other similar SUVs. Overall, this is a great vehicle for someone looking for a larger SUV/crossover that still feels like driving a car."

Lousy Transmission / Performance

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Purchased April of 08. Transmission doesn't seem to know what gear it is suppose to be in. A lot of hesitation or low power when starting from stop. Brought into shop in June to address the problem. Was told there were two software updates: 1) Update to address (not fix) sluggishness of tranny. 2) Anther update to fix sluggishness but would cost 3-4 MPG and you can't remove the update once installed. Opted for fix #1. No change noticed. Taking car back tomorrow (8/18) to address tranny issue again and new issue: Filled up car yesterday, drove 62 miles and have less than 1/2 a tank of gas left, volt meter is pegged at 18 and when idling temp goes very high (Outdoor air temp was 74). Have owned 9 Buicks previously and all have absolutely great cars. NOT THIS ONE. Very dissappointed. Would not recommend until tranny issues are addressed."

Buick Enclave Review

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"Reliability and quality are checked as average, the vehicle is a new model and it's impossible for anyone to gauge long term reliability or overall build quality at this juncture. Perhaps the most impressive (and appreciated) feature of our Enclave is Quiet Tune. Auto makers have lost sight of the importance of a quiet cabin and smooth ride, fortunately Buick did not. The price is higher then we would have liked, but is certainly inline with the competition. All vehicles seem to be overpriced these days! The only advice we can share is based on the time we've owned the vehicle. I can say we've no regrets about our purchase and are enjoying the Enclave. It's difficult to express in words, but Enclave owners will understand this statement....It's a vehicle you want to get in and drive, particularly on extended trips."

Finally driving an American car

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Finally deciding to part with our BMW X5 was a hard thing for us to do. The reason we were looking for something different was because we needed a vehicle with a third row. OK, just for the record I absolutely REFUSE to drive a minivan so I didn't test drive any of those. But I'm pretty sure we test drove every vehicle that wasn't a minivan that offered a third row. I felt like Goldilocks. Some felt like you were driving a truck, some offered a third row that required that you be no more than four feet tall to be comfortable, and I was really starting to think this whole thing was hopeless. My husband convinced me to try the Enclave and finally there was a vehicle we could both agree on. The Enclave has a very quiet ride, a comfortable third row, all the bells and whistles and it's pretty too. We bought a CXL with all the options except AWD and the DVD player. There are only a few things I can complain about. First, it has the soft suspension of American cars. I guess I was just used to the X5, but at first it bothered me. Of course, along with that softer suspension comes a softer, more comfortable ride in the second and third rows (the X5 was not comfy in the second row). The other thing is that when you use the automatic close on the back liftgate, it usually doesn't close hard enough for the sensor to turn off the interior lights. The door is closed, but the lights stay on. The last thing is that the tire pressure sensor on one of the tires is wrong. It constantly tells us that the tire has low pressure when it absolutely does not! Apparently the sensor needs to be reset at the dealership - no big deal, I just have to find time to do it. Overall, we're happy with this vehicle. We're moving so we're going to need AWD and we're planning on switching this one out for another Enclave."

ride is better than the Mercedes i traded in

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "passenger seat s/b 8 way instead of 6 It would only peanuts more. Big mistake"

"It is a great car and one of the few that an adult can sit comfortably in the third seat. The 3rd seat is a joke in many of todays vehicles. I have had zero problems in 4yrs and 84,000 miles"