2009 Buick Enclave

Based on 334 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

best car ever

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"Bought my enclave 4/20/07 when they first came out.had to go to another state because it wasn't in louisiana where i lived yet. seen it in gulfport,ms test drove it came home got my wife to test drive it love it. came back 2 days latter paid cash for car,have no regrets. thinking about trading and buying the 2010 model,well maybe i must admit i like this car to much,does turn heads,always wash my own cars,no soap just plain water,still looks like it came from showroom.great job detroit,you can make a great car when you want to........."

New Owner

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've had the vehicle for two months now and so far, so good. It's comfortable getting in and out of and has great styling, which has generated numerous questions of "What is that?". The excellent quiet ride and build quality is true and the sound system is great. I have a few recommendations for GM on the next go around, but nothing that should keep you from test driving an Enclave. I got the 7 year extended warranty because of our usage, but hopefully I won't ever need it. This has a surprisingly good turn radius. Looking forward to see if the AWD helps this winter."

Pay to Play

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Highway behavior, quiet cabin, amenities"

Cons: "fuel economy, nav, radio and onboard tech clunky"

"This is my first GM car in many years. I've been uniformly impressed with reliability, fit and finish, ride quality and amenities. Its a beautiful car and a great way to get a big family from one place to another. Downside is cost of operation (fuel economy) and tech sophistication. Nav and radio could be outsourced and upgraded considerably. Bose speakers are overmatched against the radio, etc. These are both sort of clunky and outdated."

Does what is expected as advertised

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, quiet SUV, plenty of entertainment"

Cons: "No hybrid version available"

"This is a big SUV, but smaller than the full-size truck based SUVs. With that you get better gas mileage, and a lower towing capacity, but all the comfort of the larger SUVs. We have enjoyed this on long trips where our young identical twins will fall asleep without fail. So will my wife! The car at the time was advertised as "Quietuned" and we have to agree, it does live up to its billing. Gas mileage for an 8 seater is what you would expect. We average on semi-congested traffic about 17-18 mpg. On the highway we beat the 22 mpg estimate usually with 23 or 24 mpg. In the city, it will fall to about 14 mpg but it is rarely driven there. The video system works well and is entertaining for those in the back seat (built in Panasonic system). The GPS and bluetooth technology is well integrated with the OnStar equipment. Handling is better than one would expect of a vehicle this size. Overall, has been reliable but it has been recalled three times in four years. Nothing for anything too serious except for the water pump. Why it gets a 9 - it has not stranded us, but some things had to be fixed/replaced."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and quiet"

Cons: "Haven't found any"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

"This is the quietest and most comfortable car I have driven. The handling is amazing for a heavy car and the third row seat is easy access, plenty of leg room and comfortable. My next car will again be a Buick Enclave"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

Overall a great car

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Adaptive lights, comfort, ambient lighting, new"

Cons: "Should have real wood trim for 53k"

"Mines a 13 so I think that some of the negative reviews on here are from the previous model. New redesign is gorgeous and has every option that I had in my X5 without the BMW drama"

Overall a great car

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Adaptive lights, comfort, ambient lighting, new"

Cons: "Should have real wood trim for 53k"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "QUIET!!! Easy to drive."

Cons: "Cost of engine tune-up."

"The first picture I ever saw of the Enclave convinced me I was going to own one! It took me almost two years, but I finally made the purchase! It was the best decision I've ever made concerning automobiles. The car drives like a dream and is just as tight and quiet as the day I drove it off the dealers lot. All service records are up to date and the only people who have touched it, save for a new set of tires, are the technicians at the dealership where it was purchased. I would highly recommend this car to anybody who is interested in this type of vehicle. I can envision putting 250,000 miles on this car with no problem."

Smoothest ride on the Interstate

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Sweet ride, seat 7 easily"

"This vehicle is the best ride on the Interstate I have experienced. Smooth, easy to take long trips in. No wind noise, good power, and easy to maintain 80-85 MPH."

Great car! Everyone loves it.

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Car is very quiet and rides and drives great. On long trips we often drive 14 to 16 hours per day and do not get tired. Has been very dependable. Average city gas mileage has been just over 15 mpg. Highway mileage has averaged slightly over 25 mpg when driven within posted speed limites. No regretes at all having bought this car."

The Enclave lives up to its claims

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, airy interior, tons of extras"

Cons: "storage in the back is limited with seats up"

"I'm very happy to say after a year on the road that this vehicle lives up to its claims and then some. I've never owned a Buick before and was skeptical. Would not have considered it except for the persistence of my wife. So glad we did. The car handles beautifully in all weather conditions and the gusto of the engine makes it fun to drive. All the extra features have performed as hoped. We have a large family and all seats are used frequently. No complaints about comfort, even for the rear bench. I doubt there's a better value for the money in the crossover group."

Love this car in the winter

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Concerned about the smaller engine and all wheel drive when it came to winter driving, however it has proven to be excellent in winter conditions. Live at the top of hill where we get lots of snow and it has been no problem. Very comfortable to drive and ride in."

most satisfying expensive impulse purchase ever

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "quiet, smooth, bluetooth, iPod port, stylish"

Cons: "expensive, navigation system is quirky"

"I never thought I'd spend this much money on a vehicle until a car rental company handed me the keys to an Acadia rather than the vehicle I'd requested. Every day I discovered a new pleasure: ample headroom, quiet, bluetooth, smooth ride, rear-view camera, iPod jack, automated hatch, and cargo space. I discovered I could pair the Bose sound system to my cell phone and carry on normal volume conversations via the speakerphone. I could play digital music at low levels and hear every note, even in heavy traffic. With backup sensors and a rear-view camera that displays on my large navigation screeen, I confidently back into parking spaces with full knowledge of how much space is left."

Great car

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"Needs more adjustment on wheel tilt to see the gauges better. Milage is under rated and I have had 28 mpg on the highway."

best car ever

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "it rids so smooth!"

Cons: "no cons for this car!"

"This is the best car I ever had.If you are looking for a car you should buy this car!"

Best Crossover SUV on the market

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Completely reliable, stylish, well appointed"

Cons: "lacks in the fuel economy category"

"My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 2008 after test driving several comparable crossover SUV models. The Buick was by far the most luxurious, quietest and well appointed vehicle in it's class. The ride is very smooth, with plenty of power despite the weight of such a large vehicle. The CXL model comes pretty much standard will all available options. The optional AWD system has been a smart choice due to some heavy snow storms and even blizzard conditions these past few winters. The Enclave had no problems traversing anything that we encountered. This provides a strong sense of confidence in driving this car. We've encountered no mechanical problems, and find that the Enclave is a vehicle we can trust to do what we need, when we need it. The only drawback to this vehicle is the fuel economy. It was rated at 16 City / 23 Highway at the time of our purchase. Our averages are slightly lower, with 15 City / 21 Highway, with an overall average fuel economy of approximately 17 mpg. Our family strongly recommends the Enclave. When it's time for us to trade in this vehicle, it will be for the newest Enclave offered."

Pleasant Surprise

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Was going to buy a GMC Acadia but wife pushed for the Enclave. She was right by a mile! Get compliments from everyone who rides in the car for comfort, quietness, sound system, details to finish. Mileage not quite up to expectations. Running about 2 mpg less than advertised. Buick needs to relocate the hooks for hanging clothes. Very hard to reach from either second row or from tailgate. Getting used to not having the power I had from my Chrysler 300C hemi but really don't have complaints. Definately need the running boards. Entry and exit can be difficult. Need hand grip on drivers side like there is on the passenger side."

well, it's better than a minivan

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"we've had ours for two years. the car is currently suffering from some electrical problems. the dvd for the gps isn't working, the temp is stuck at 28 degrees, and the stabilitrack goes in and out. the thing is a very nice car to drive and haul kids though. i'd probably recommend it even though it is giving me grief at the moment"

Best Ever

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"I have had lots of luxury vehicles incl Cadillac, and Lexus. This Enclave is the best yet in terms of performance, style , and comfort. Would get another hands down."

Absolutely beautiful

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I really love my Enclave. It is beautiful and so comfortable. The tri-zone H&A control is great. The only thing I would change would be the grill and chrome trim. It is plastic and very light weight. After only 3 months I have pits in the finish on the grill. Overall I am happy with the car."

Most time in shop in 25 years

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Very quiet for those 200-1,000 mile drives"

Cons: "Buick mistakes will pain the customer."

"Repairs are:windshield washer, plastic covers on rear view mirror, squeaky steering wheel, squeaky brakes, antifreeze leak, transmission line, what bothers me the most is the dealer never believes us. This car has spent more time in the shop than our 4 chryslers, combined. We love the quiet but hate all the time in the shop and no one seems to care. I finally emailed the investor services department, attention to the North American president to get some action. I now have a contact at executive offices. We report each trip waiting for the green light to fix the antifreeze leak. The atmospheric temperature gauge is NOT accurate. The fix is to push two buttons at the same time. They replaced the sensor BUT in reading the service bulletin I discovered that this gauge was never designed to give the driver the correct temp, it was designed to turn the heater and air conditioner on/off, I.e. Poor design. We purchased this vehicle because our Chrysler dealer went out of business and we were looking for a new dealer to give US excellent service, we made a bad choice. We will buy another enclave but not from this dealer. We are trying out a used car dealer who has a large shop. If you are not good at demanding your warranty rights then avoid the Enclave."

Rides like a cadllic , handle great on the road,

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

"Buick hit a home run with this vehicle good fuel mileage plenty of room. Excellent interior with the leather seats, Couldn't ask for a better ride on long trips."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great family car"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Wonderful handling on the road. Comfort plus and so roomy!"

Love this vehicle!!

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, safety, storage room"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"We have throughly enjoyed this vehicle. It handles well and we feel very safe in it. The seats are comfortable, even on long trips. We have the dual DVD players which our grandchildren love. Only complaint is the MPG. Wish they could improve that."

great automobile

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

"One of the best automobiles I have ever owned."