2009 Buick Enclave

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

DO NOT BUY WITHOUT AWD IN SNOWY STATE

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

"I have had this car 3 years. I am considering trading it in now because it handles so poorly in snow with only FWD. This car should not be sold in snowy states without AWD. Gas mileage is also terrible. 17mpg average. Beautiful car with lots of room and has been reliable BUT to pay for this kind of luxury it should handle better. Traction control is a joke."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "Rear vision"

"Rear and rear/side vision obscured by oversize posts and too small windows"

7th Buick

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

"Use cruse control. If not, will be over 80 and not be aware of excessive speed."

Discounted luxury bargain

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Near luxury, good quality, quiet, good handling"

Cons: "none come to mind"

"We purchased our 2010 Buick Enclave used - from the 2010 Winter Olypmics in Vancouver. Although the SUV had 600 miles on the odometer, and was used, it really was like new and we received a huge discount for the car. Because it was used we received a second row bench seat when we wanted bucket, but that was the only thing we gave up. This vehicle has the built in DVD system for videos, a second receiver so the second row (with headphones) can pick their own music, an advanced bluetooth enabled system that can verbally tell you that you have a text message, read you the message, allow you to respond via dictaphone, and send a response - all while driving. It is not obtrusive or hard to use and is not distracting. Technology is this car's strength as it has a very good GPS with OnStar system and XM radio and traffic. Handling is this car's strength. I can go through S curves fairly rapidly with minimal lean and it drives like a heavy car. At nearly 2 tons that is to be expected, but the 288 hp V6 generates enough power to keep up with traffic in a full load situation. I beat the EPA estimate of 22 mpg on the highway with AWD and get between 23-24 in the Apalacian Mountains on the higheway. City I tend to get about 17-18 which is +1 to +2 over the EPA estimate. Buick brags about Quietuning but I have to say all that additional insulation does work. I have twins that since we bought the car four years ago that fall asleep on long trips - guaranteed. They never can stay awake. My wife falls asleep as well in the passenger seat. It is definately quiet. The fit and finsh of all materials seems to be realatively high quality as well. Overall, my family loves this car and after 52,000 and no breakdowns and a few recalls, the car has been fully reliable. We now have faith that GM can build a decent car again and plan to buy a new one in the future."

Drives and rides very well.

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "lots of room, drives and handles very well in snow"

"As I am retired I want to go down to 1 car, the bank holds the title because I am still paying for it."

This is my 4th Buick and the poorest gas mileage

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, pretty car"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, lousy GPS"

"Very unhappy with the GPS not user friendly Garman much better!! Also the icons for the instrument panel again not user friendly for older people. The ride is great, leg room and general comfort excellent. Mileage poor. Have had 3 prior Buicks this not my favorite"

Great car, comfortable ride.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Great drive, roomy, stylish, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Needs more cushion or plushness in the seats."

"I have owned this SUV for over three years. I have been pleased with every aspect of this vehicle. It is one of the most comfortable SUV's for long or short road trips. The ride is fantastic. The only imporvement that I would make is the cushioning on the front seats. I would like to see it a little more plush, like the GMC Envoy front seats. It is very responsive while driving it. It is roomy and the storage area is more than adequate."

Very comfortable and easy to drive

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive especially on long trips"

Cons: "Tailgate height not adjustable"

"My wife and I found the car to be very comfortable especially on long trips. We've never had a problem with it. Only thing is we wish we had rear view camera. Our next car will be an enclave & will have the camera."

I love my Enclave but it's not perfect!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, pleasure to drive, comfortable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I did lots of research before purchasing my 2012 Enclave. I chose it because it was a Buick, it was well engineered, it had excellent leg room for my husband and it could tow and be towed by our motorhome. I have not had issues except the bluetooth and several recalls. I am disappointed that I only get 16 mpg most of the time unless we are on a trip with lots of highway driving. It is very comfortable, has all the bells and whistles and can carry 7 passengers. It has lots of cargo space, especially with the center seats down. It has excellent power, expecially when accelerating, and never knew it was towing a trailer. The only down side I find is the ride. It's very rough over bumps and it definitely doesn't have the ride of my 1955 or 1976 Buicks or my 1993 Lincoln Towncar that my Enclave replaced. I keep a car twenty years and I expect to keep this one that long too."

You paid for luxury and you got it

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "style, comfort"

Cons: "price of a fill up"

"I traded in my 2012 Verano for the 2013 Enclave. I did so because I was driving across country and needed the larger space. I filled up the Enclave almost to the ceiling, had 2 dogs, and 2 adults. This car drove like a luxury care being loaded down with all this stuff. It drove flawlessly and the v-6 engine always gave me the power I needed. The extra cargo did not cause any slow down or cause any power or performance let downs. I love the styling and I have almost every option you can have. The warning side mirrors are a life saver. My only complaints are there is no front camera warning systewm (now available on the 2014) and the cost at the gas pump. At last fill up it was $80 to fill up. It is luxurious and it drives amazingly. It is just a bit steep at the gas pump/"