2008 Buick Enclave

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle !

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, excellent AWD system."

Cons: "HUD is not available."

"Living in Michigan, you should ready opt. for the AWD, my wife and I love it. Drove in snow in Canada, ice in Michigan, heavy rains in Florida, AWD really helps. Planning on another Enclave AWD soon."

Never tire on long trip.

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"Poor design on size and placement of side view mirrors which greatly diminish visibility. Otherwise You have a good SUV which rides great on the highway."

Fabulous car!

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "Safety! 3-prong outlet, USB ports, total comfort"

Cons: "2015 model removed my cons"

"We bought the high-end 2010 Enclave with all the options. Both my husband and I loved this car. It has great pickup, important in an area surrounded by highways. Every time I walked up to it, I smiled at how beautiful it was. There was an issue with the steering system but the problem was finally found, fixed, and didn't return. Inside it is spacious and luxurious. One of my favorite features is an extended remote; I start the car heating or cooling from the house (now there's an app for that). I'm not a fan of the 2010 navigation system but my husband liked it. I'm happy with 22 mpg highway. The day before Thanksgiving 2014, in the Northeast snow and rain, we had an accident that sent us off the road and we hit an earth mound at the bumper level at a fairly high speed. My husband (passenger seat) didn't even realize we hit anything. No airbags deployed, we didn't even have a sore muscle. He got out of the car to see what happened and all around the car looked fine but the front bumper and everything below it was wrecked. The impact was enough to bend the radiator and push the frame back slightly into the right front door. Despite my pleading with the insurance company, they declared the car a total loss. Because the car held it's value, they paid us an amount that is half the price of a new 2015 fully loaded Enclave, which we just drove home yesterday. There was no question that we'd buy another Enclave. What a wonderful surprise to see the changes since 2010, especially additional safety features and an updated navigation and entertainment touch screen system. Everything we loved about the 2010 is still there, except they stopped offering the 2nd row console in 2013 and I loved the storage space and versatility that offered; the upside is it will be easier for friends to reach the 3rd row when we put it up. My husband thinks the new champagne silver metallic exterior is even prettier than the gold one we had. Our old Enclave is a hero for taking the hit with no damage to us, and we expect to have many happy years in our new Enclave. It is even quieter and smoother than the old one!"

Great handling, ride, comfort and quality!

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Would like a little better gas mileage is only neg"

"We love our Enclave! The ride is so comfortable and handling is great. Great creature comforts which is important to us. Only change would be better gas mileage; however this is definitely our traveling car."

DO NOT BUY WITHOUT AWD IN SNOWY STATE

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

"I have had this car 3 years. I am considering trading it in now because it handles so poorly in snow with only FWD. This car should not be sold in snowy states without AWD. Gas mileage is also terrible. 17mpg average. Beautiful car with lots of room and has been reliable BUT to pay for this kind of luxury it should handle better. Traction control is a joke."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "Rear vision"

"Rear and rear/side vision obscured by oversize posts and too small windows"

7th Buick

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

"Use cruse control. If not, will be over 80 and not be aware of excessive speed."

Discounted luxury bargain

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Near luxury, good quality, quiet, good handling"

Cons: "none come to mind"

"We purchased our 2010 Buick Enclave used - from the 2010 Winter Olypmics in Vancouver. Although the SUV had 600 miles on the odometer, and was used, it really was like new and we received a huge discount for the car. Because it was used we received a second row bench seat when we wanted bucket, but that was the only thing we gave up. This vehicle has the built in DVD system for videos, a second receiver so the second row (with headphones) can pick their own music, an advanced bluetooth enabled system that can verbally tell you that you have a text message, read you the message, allow you to respond via dictaphone, and send a response - all while driving. It is not obtrusive or hard to use and is not distracting. Technology is this car's strength as it has a very good GPS with OnStar system and XM radio and traffic. Handling is this car's strength. I can go through S curves fairly rapidly with minimal lean and it drives like a heavy car. At nearly 2 tons that is to be expected, but the 288 hp V6 generates enough power to keep up with traffic in a full load situation. I beat the EPA estimate of 22 mpg on the highway with AWD and get between 23-24 in the Apalacian Mountains on the higheway. City I tend to get about 17-18 which is +1 to +2 over the EPA estimate. Buick brags about Quietuning but I have to say all that additional insulation does work. I have twins that since we bought the car four years ago that fall asleep on long trips - guaranteed. They never can stay awake. My wife falls asleep as well in the passenger seat. It is definately quiet. The fit and finsh of all materials seems to be realatively high quality as well. Overall, my family loves this car and after 52,000 and no breakdowns and a few recalls, the car has been fully reliable. We now have faith that GM can build a decent car again and plan to buy a new one in the future."

Drives and rides very well.

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "lots of room, drives and handles very well in snow"

"As I am retired I want to go down to 1 car, the bank holds the title because I am still paying for it."

This is my 4th Buick and the poorest gas mileage

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, pretty car"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, lousy GPS"

"Very unhappy with the GPS not user friendly Garman much better!! Also the icons for the instrument panel again not user friendly for older people. The ride is great, leg room and general comfort excellent. Mileage poor. Have had 3 prior Buicks this not my favorite"

Great car, comfortable ride.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Great drive, roomy, stylish, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Needs more cushion or plushness in the seats."

"I have owned this SUV for over three years. I have been pleased with every aspect of this vehicle. It is one of the most comfortable SUV's for long or short road trips. The ride is fantastic. The only imporvement that I would make is the cushioning on the front seats. I would like to see it a little more plush, like the GMC Envoy front seats. It is very responsive while driving it. It is roomy and the storage area is more than adequate."

Very comfortable and easy to drive

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive especially on long trips"

Cons: "Tailgate height not adjustable"

"My wife and I found the car to be very comfortable especially on long trips. We've never had a problem with it. Only thing is we wish we had rear view camera. Our next car will be an enclave & will have the camera."

I love my Enclave but it's not perfect!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, pleasure to drive, comfortable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I did lots of research before purchasing my 2012 Enclave. I chose it because it was a Buick, it was well engineered, it had excellent leg room for my husband and it could tow and be towed by our motorhome. I have not had issues except the bluetooth and several recalls. I am disappointed that I only get 16 mpg most of the time unless we are on a trip with lots of highway driving. It is very comfortable, has all the bells and whistles and can carry 7 passengers. It has lots of cargo space, especially with the center seats down. It has excellent power, expecially when accelerating, and never knew it was towing a trailer. The only down side I find is the ride. It's very rough over bumps and it definitely doesn't have the ride of my 1955 or 1976 Buicks or my 1993 Lincoln Towncar that my Enclave replaced. I keep a car twenty years and I expect to keep this one that long too."

You paid for luxury and you got it

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "style, comfort"

Cons: "price of a fill up"

"I traded in my 2012 Verano for the 2013 Enclave. I did so because I was driving across country and needed the larger space. I filled up the Enclave almost to the ceiling, had 2 dogs, and 2 adults. This car drove like a luxury care being loaded down with all this stuff. It drove flawlessly and the v-6 engine always gave me the power I needed. The extra cargo did not cause any slow down or cause any power or performance let downs. I love the styling and I have almost every option you can have. The warning side mirrors are a life saver. My only complaints are there is no front camera warning systewm (now available on the 2014) and the cost at the gas pump. At last fill up it was $80 to fill up. It is luxurious and it drives amazingly. It is just a bit steep at the gas pump/"

Best Car for the Money

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "comfort, quiet, gas mileage"

Cons: "dashboard paint"

"I have had three Enclaves. I drive them all over the country. First one had almost 90K miles. The ride is unsurpassed. The overall efficiency is very good. The space to haul things on long trip is great."

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "High quality car for 7 adults."

"We have thoroughly enjoyed this car. The ride and over all comfort are unequaled. The workmanship inside and outside is high quality. Gas mileage has been 22mpg on Highway, and around 18 in town. Middle row and third row seats can fold flat for a huge cargo area. Would I buy another? In a heartbeat!!"

My favorite car EVER!!!!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, comfortable and spacious."

Cons: "Gas Hog"

"I have owned my Enclave for over three years and it is an exceptional vehicle. It is easy to handle, comfortable to drive as well as comfortable for passengers. We drove to the outer banks last summer and it was very spacious and we had three adults two small children and a hundred pound Labrador retriever in my Enclave. Incredible trip. My one and only complaint is the gas mileage. When we bought it the sticker said 16 mpg city, No Way!! I am getting 12 on my best day in the city. But I would definitely recommend the Enclave to everyone. My All Time Favorite car!!!"

Love my Enclave

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfortable, smooth ride, plenty of room"

Cons: "No sunroof"

"I fell in love with the Buick Enclave the very first time I saw one. When I was in the market for a new car, I did not hesitate and got my very own Enclave. I absolutely love this SUV. It took a little adjusting to in the beginning going from a Expedition to the Enclave. This is an absolutely wonderful vehicle. It is comfortable and has plenty of room. The only complaint I have is that I don't have a sunroof."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and quiet"

Cons: "Haven't found any"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

"This is the quietest and most comfortable car I have driven. The handling is amazing for a heavy car and the third row seat is easy access, plenty of leg room and comfortable. My next car will again be a Buick Enclave"

Parked by the motorhome that tows it very well

Exactly what we were looking for!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, space, beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "Handling could be a bit tighter"

"Just took delivery of a 2014 Leather AWD w/ sunroof and nav. After some commuting miles around the Boston area and a nice 450+ mile road trip, couldn't be happier. It is quiet, smooth and everything I have liked about former Buicks. I am in my young 30's and love it, easily holds the 2 kids and all their gear. The only downsides are that handling could be slightly crisper and I wish the engine was a little more efficient (see below). With that being said, it is a great cruiser and it puts you at ease while driving and while the mpg rating might be low, I was able to pull down 22.5 and 23 while traveling 70-80 mph on the highway loaded up and with hitting some minor hills in the Berkshires in western MA, easily meeting and beating the 22 mpg on the sticker even while not fully broken in. Extremely happy with the Enclave."

Pay to Play

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Highway behavior, quiet cabin, amenities"

Cons: "fuel economy, nav, radio and onboard tech clunky"

"This is my first GM car in many years. I've been uniformly impressed with reliability, fit and finish, ride quality and amenities. Its a beautiful car and a great way to get a big family from one place to another. Downside is cost of operation (fuel economy) and tech sophistication. Nav and radio could be outsourced and upgraded considerably. Bose speakers are overmatched against the radio, etc. These are both sort of clunky and outdated."

THIS IS A MONEY PIT - CONSTANT TRIPS TO THE DEALER

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

"THIS IS A MONEY PIT - CONSTANT TRIPS TO THE DEALER"

Love luxury... go for this car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and comfortable drive. Wonderful AC for all"

Cons: "Minimal cargo room in back"

"This car has been a blessing to our family of 8. Great for long rides that provide lots of comfort and very low noise. I'm spoiled when I drive other cars because they feel so rough."

Loved it at first, now I cannot wait to trade it

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "luxury, comfort, pretty good mpg, and roomy"

Cons: "steering, recalls, rack and pinion problems"

"I thought this would be the car of my dreams...safety, luxury, comfort, remote start, 3rd row seats, DVD system for the kids, cargo room, oh, and did I mention luxury? Yes, it has it all....and it's pretty good looking going down the road too! Until I noticed the unusual "whine" when I turned the steering wheel, and the quiet clunking from the rack and pinion, and the funny pull when turning into parking spaces.... oh, and then the recalls for the seat belts and the air bags.... my dream car has turned into my nightmare :( BUT!, it is very luxurious, comfortable, and gets pretty good gas mileage :)"

This car also has Super Protection plan

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "rides and drives very good - little road noise cle"

"This car also has super Polysteel Environmental Vehicle Protection (Gold package) and also had a vehicle Service contract"