1998 Buick Century

8.4

Based on 518 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

buick

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Low maints low coast last long time for ownership"

Cons: "CD player stop working."

"this automobile is very good on road trips & also handle pot holes in city driving well also. im very happy."

No worries

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Maintenance is almost $0 -other than oil and tires"

Cons: "Wife says it is a "grandma" car"

"Bought the car used for my wife and right after we got it we had to replace the fuel pump in the gas tank. That has been 4 years ago and other than replacing tires and changing the oil I have had to do nothing to this car. It is driven lots of highway miles ( 250 miles EVERY weekend for her to come home) plus all week it is driven short hops to and from work (<10 miles) All in all it has been a very reliable car. The AC will freeze you out and it rides smooth on a long trip so it is a comfortable vacation car."

Outstanding car. Very low maintenance costs.

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, great mpg."

"I bought my 2003 Buick Century when new. I have been very diligent about routine maintenance. This car has had very few maintenance issues, and has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. It gets 30+ mpg on the highway and 27+ in town. It has a great ride, is comfortable, and will get up and go when you want it to. Other owners I have spoken to report the same. Why Buick stopped making this car is a mystery to me. I have kept a detailed expense spreadsheet on this car since the day I bought it. Overall, it costs me 19 cents a mile to drive it. If you find one, buy it."

A great car to drive forever

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"My whole family owns Buick Centuries now. It started with me buying my wife a 2002, then us buying a used Century for each of our Daughters as they graduated from College. I just bought this 1997 Century and LOVE it. Sure, the '97 lacks the dual passenger heat zones and enough cup holders. But the 3.1 liter push rod GM V6 just goes and goes. Keep good struts in these cars and they handle just fine. Most get 30 MPG on the highway, although this one seems to get less for some reason. The styling has been made fun of. Too bad. They are decent looking and so very functional. Why buy an equivalent Honda for 1 1/2 times the price when you can buy a 10 year old Century for so good a price as these generally go for? I love these Buicks for how handy they are, their roominess, and great function."

Great car

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "25mpg,comfort,size"

Cons: "no longer making this model"

"I bought this car brand new in 2001. Have not had any real problems with this vehicle. I will have to have a sway bar linkage repaired for about $100.00. Still getting 25 mpg. It has always been confortable and roomy. I wish they were still making this model as I would buy a new one immediately."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Century near Honolulu. See local deals