2014 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,449 - $44,984.

10/7.4

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.8/10

Excellent quality, fun to drive. Exciting

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun, responsive, good tech (with nav system)."

Cons: "Price, but still has good value."

"Just got it 1 month ago. A 35i with bluetooth, navigation, satellite radio, and 'bmw connect'. When I plug in my Ipod i can scroll through my different playlists, pick groups. The professional radio is outstanding. It has the 'm-sport' suspension and is very responsive. Finally, the navigation system is superb. Can be adjusted by the passenger while driving, audio directions (can be muted). Technology is very good - as good as anywhere."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, April 06, 2012

Pros: "I agree with the Pros"

Cons: "Yes the cup holder is in a very bad spot."

"I own a 2003 BMW Z4 that I purchased new. This car is fantastic and built like a sherman tank. Recently I was sitting at a red light and got hit hard from behind. The guy that hit me took off before I could get any information. Can you believe the only damage to the rear end of the 4 was it lost a few little spots of paint the car didn't bend at all. I definitely will buy another one at some time. I love that car."

Great cruiser

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"I have owned three porsche 911. I bought the Z4 because of the hard top convertable and the looks. I have had more people comment on the Z4 then any of the Porsche's. The Z4 has more then adequate power, good handling, comfortable and very good gas milage. Not on par with the 911 but it cost half the price and the hard top convertable is a big plus."

Great roadster!!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Lola

"LOVE this car!!! I'm retired...it's my geezer car!! Have had it since July 09. Driven only on dry roads on sunny days. Spends winter months and inclement weather in garage. Great looking,great performance,instant speed and power on demand. Hard-top convertible. Easy to clean and care for the dark deep blue finish..has white leather seats, black dash. Downside: uses premium fuel only, no "butt warmers", has a good sound system, but could be more high-end. A bit of a physical challenge to get into and out of cockpit. Have named her Lola..."

Lola

OMG Way Cool!

By on Sunday, May 08, 2011

"Fantastic car! Power to spare, wonderful styling, very comfortable, more storage than you might expect. Had a 330i. This is even more fun."

This is my best sport car !!

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,great navagation system !"

"My Z is one of the best Sport cars I own ! Fun to drive and very comfortable on long trips . I love the looks and the hard top works great ! I own a Mercedes SLK, Lexus SD 350, Nissan 370Z ,Corvette Z1 and a Ford T bird ! This Z4 tops them all ! My Infiniti G37s coupe is Great and has the best ride but not considered A 2 seat sport car !"

Perfect Summer Car

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Quality, fun to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "Cup holders"

"The ultimate roadster. Fun to drive yet incredibly comfortable with plenty of headroom with the top up for those of us 6'2" and taller. Hard top convertible gives you the best of both worlds. As always the BMW approach to cup holders is laughable but if that is an issue then you shouldn't be buying a BMW in the first place."

2010 BMW SDrive 35i

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"My bmer if black on black with the premium and sport packages. So far so good. The passenger's side rear weel rim unexplicably broke in two parts. The dealer replaced it along with the run-flat 255 35R19 tire for free. The car is a looker. It runs great. I do find a bit of turbo lag from 0-20mph, but nothing compared with say, the 2003 Auti TT (which I previously owned). Compared to my previous SLK55 AMG, it falls short of power and responsiveness, but overall, I am very very happy with it. The folding hardtop is faster and operates smoother than the SLK's."

Excellent riding car

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Would buy another z4"

Cons: "No cons"

"Happy I own this vehicle. Great drive and good on gas."

Amazing car

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Sporty looks"

"bought the 09 35i with 10,000 miles. Looks brand new. Love this car more than any other i've owned. Lots of compliments. Orion silver is the most amazing color you'll ever see on a car!!!!!! Get one Today :)"

AWESOME

By on Friday, June 03, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

"I have owned 5 MB SL's, but I like this car the best. Pure sports car. Love the retractable hardtop and the toys. Navigation, sports package and ivory white napa leather is a must!"

Great car, very fun to drive, strong acceleration

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior noise with top up, Tire life"

BMW Z4 3.5

"I ordered this car from Germany because manual transmissions are very difficult to find. It took about 2 months to receive it after I put down my deposit. The service from the dealer has been exceptional. My only complaint is a rattle in the roof panel when the top is up which the dealer has not been able to resolve."

BMW Z4 3.5

Great car

By on Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Most enjoyable auto I have ever owned. Never had as many questions asked in parking lots.Going to be difficult keeping within my 15K per year lease."

WOW, this is a fun, cool car!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I love my new Z4! Get the 3.5!"

Good Car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good customer service, good looking"

Cons: "expensive, not enough cup holders, no technology"

"Good car. Not enough technology to compare with competing cars. Sharp look and well designed convertible roof. Sports car design without adequate comfort or technology. I would have loved to see a better entertainment system."

BMW Z4 - The most beautiful Deathtrap on the road

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Vehicle"

Cons: "Not a safe car to drive"

"I have a 2011 BMW Z4 ( Vin# wbalm5c51be378952 ) with around 16,000 miles on it that has been constantly in the shop for a variety of electrical, mechanical and structural issues. These issues range from the driver’s side of the hood unlatching again and again after multiple services to the car, continually not starting and stalling out when driving at slow speeds. Each issue has been serviced multiple times and as of yet none of the issues have been resolved. Further, these issues have persisted in spite of countless service visits. The vehicle has stalled in stop and go traffic and while making left turns and my friends and family refuse to ride in it for safety reasons. It has now come to a point where I am actually fearful to drive the car. I have been formally reprimanded at work for getting there late due to my car not starting or needing to be taken into service. I keep it in a garage that is both air conditioned and heated. I am a high school counselor and work just 5 miles from my house and usually just drive it to work and to visit my parents on the weekend. I take the car for all of it’s services and only put super-unleaded gas in it. I really can’t think of how I can treat the car better or care for it more. I am sad I own this car and even sadder about the lack of ability BMW has to fix even the simplest mechanical problems..."

My Dream Car come true

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "FANTASTIC LOOKS, Awesome handling!!!"

Cons: "A roadster - so no back seat"

"I had the first year (2003) Z4, but when I saw the pictures of the new (2009) Z4 hardtop convertible, I had to have it. I have own it now for the past (almost 3 years) and still get a rush everytime I drive it - especially with the top down!!! - THIS CAR TURNS HEADS AND GETS LOOKS!!! Even after 3 years, I am still in love with this car! - If you are thinking about it, - GET IT! - You won't regret it."

Great stress reliever

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Fun car to drive, has a plurality of usefull gadgets, looks good and goes as good as it looks. Nothing negative."

Beautiful design and fun to drive

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful design"

"Bought this new in 2009, have 42K miles and after six years there has been no problem. There was no issue with the fuel pump but had to be replaced because of the recall, as well as the battery cable. This is a conv so there will always be noisy in the cabin with the top up. Drive 95% of the time with the top down. Replace the run flat with Michelin PSS, this really changed how the car runs and handles for so much better. Highly recommended."

This Z4 is a Home Run

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "fun, performance, comfort, mpg, hardtop, design"

Cons: "trunk lighting - that's it!"

"This is my 3rd Z4, and the best one we have owned. Our 2009 & 2011 last generation Z4's were great cars but never quite felt like they were "finished". The ride, performance and handling were all BMW but the finesse of the interior was not quite there. Fast forward to the 2013 Z4; its got the performance, ride and handling that you expect with an interior that is larger, more comfortable, has all the creature comforts you expect and best of all it can be used year round now that is has an amazing hardtop. We just got back from a trip from central NJ to Boston this weekend and averaged 71.7 mph while getting 32.2 mpg. That's with a 4 cylinder and automatic. Don't worry, that little four cylinder has better performance than the last Z4 we had with a 6 cylinder. I very highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a car that is the whole package. It doesn't hurt that you don't see many of these on the road. If you want exclusivity without the crazy price that exclusivity sometimes demands, this is the one!"

My second Z4 & 3rd Beemer

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "A very economical sports car overall."

Cons: "Won't seat 5 people!"

"A dream to drive. Just goes & goes - quickly! Z4's also nicely accommodate the large & tall."

Serious mechanical problems . . .

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Reason: Mechanical Problems

Pros: "Beautiful body design."

Cons: "Lots of mechanical and electrical problems."

"Lifters replaced TWICE since purchased, fuel pump replaced, brakes repaired several times, starter replaced, climate control panel replaced, OEM tires very loud and hunt on the road, adaptive headlights repaired, lots of squeaks and rattles. I will never, ever buy another BMW Z4. I must say the BMW dealerships have been very helpful trying to get things repaired properly . . . too bad, I do like the design of the body but mechanically and electrically it has lots of problems."

love this car!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "beuty.gas milge.hard top.awsme inter(wood).lge nav"

"I leased this car, now plan to buy it...excellnt car,fun to drive reliable, and gas mileage....36miles to gallon coming back from vegas! Fit and finish great..navi great with big screen! And all of this with the best part....when you put the top down..gorgeous....poetry in motion!! Who cares about cupholders!"

BMW, what were they thinking?

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks and Driving Fun"

Cons: "No spare tire, outdated technology package"

"I fully enjoy the look and drive of this car. It is amazingly fun to drive and it turns heads in the looks department. Several things annoy and disappoint me, however. I do not feel comfortable taking this car on short (300 mile) trips, no spare tire. Yes, it has run flat tires (difficult to replace) but after you get to a rest stop on a turnpike, then what? Wait and wait for a flat bed truck to tow you to where ever for a tire? Very time consuming and it stops a fun trip dead in it's tracks. Next, the navigation screen is not clear and crisp (as it is on my Acura) and does not change automatically when you cross into another time zone (as it does with my Acura). Then, no back=up camera, that's just sad. Additionally, the upgraded sound system is not good. I traded a 370Z on this car and it had a better (Bose) system. So many easy to correct errors and I fault myself for not doing my homework to find these things out before I bought this $70,000 car. I will just enjoy the car around town on nice days with the top down. My next car will not be a Z4."

What a sport car should be!

By on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Pros: "I truly enjoy driving this car."

Cons: "No complaints and no use for the cup holder!!"

Fresh from the dealership

"Since the mid-sixties I have owned several roasters up to the present including a 1997 Z3 5 speed soft top that ran trouble free all the years I drove it. In 2011 I traded it for a new BMW (E93) 335is coupe/convertible needing extra room for the wife and two Jack Russell Terriers. In the interim I missed having an open air roaster hence the Z4 35is factory direct in Glacier Silver that now has 2600 miles. The Z4 drives and handles superbly retaining all the qualities of an open air roaster. So if you’re not into stiff suspensions and road tire nose so common to roasters this is not the car for you. Don't get me wrong these are great cars, well built and my BMW dealer stands behind it. But it's still a roadster and not a car for those who are more interested in technology and ride comfort unwilling to compromise for the open road this vehicle excels at, it’s made to be driven. This is what a sports car should be."

Fresh from the dealership