2013 BMW Z4

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

My second Z4 & 3rd Beemer

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "A very economical sports car overall."

Cons: "Won't seat 5 people!"

"A dream to drive. Just goes & goes - quickly! Z4's also nicely accommodate the large & tall."

Great Car, but BMW will not stand behind it

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Reason: Poor Quality

Pros: "Great driving experience on good roads"

Cons: "Terrible build quality and BMW support"

"I bought this car a few years back and put about 45,000 miles on it. This is a sports car. You feel every inch of the road and when the road is good, this is a great thing. When the roads are rough, this is a bad, very bad thing. The interior of the car is well laid out and comfortable, but I would not say it is luxurious. The seats are great for long drives and overall feel of the car is high end. The real issue with the car is that because it is a sports car, it gets banged around a great deal over rough roads. In the last year, one strut cracked, a wheel cracked, the top stopped working, the muffler started to rattle and the climate control began to buzz. This is all with less than 50k miles. It was monumental struggle to get BMW to cover the wheel (which had already been recalled in the UK)and strut under warranty and they flat out refused to cover the top, muffler and climate control saying they were all normal wear products. The convertible top? Anyway, sold it this week and bought a Mercedes SL550."

BMW, what were they thinking?

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks and Driving Fun"

Cons: "No spare tire, outdated technology package"

"I fully enjoy the look and drive of this car. It is amazingly fun to drive and it turns heads in the looks department. Several things annoy and disappoint me, however. I do not feel comfortable taking this car on short (300 mile) trips, no spare tire. Yes, it has run flat tires (difficult to replace) but after you get to a rest stop on a turnpike, then what? Wait and wait for a flat bed truck to tow you to where ever for a tire? Very time consuming and it stops a fun trip dead in it's tracks. Next, the navigation screen is not clear and crisp (as it is on my Acura) and does not change automatically when you cross into another time zone (as it does with my Acura). Then, no back=up camera, that's just sad. Additionally, the upgraded sound system is not good. I traded a 370Z on this car and it had a better (Bose) system. So many easy to correct errors and I fault myself for not doing my homework to find these things out before I bought this $70,000 car. I will just enjoy the car around town on nice days with the top down. My next car will not be a Z4."

What a sport car should be!

By on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Pros: "I truly enjoy driving this car."

Cons: "No complaints and no use for the cup holder!!"

Fresh from the dealership

"Since the mid-sixties I have owned several roasters up to the present including a 1997 Z3 5 speed soft top that ran trouble free all the years I drove it. In 2011 I traded it for a new BMW (E93) 335is coupe/convertible needing extra room for the wife and two Jack Russell Terriers. In the interim I missed having an open air roaster hence the Z4 35is factory direct in Glacier Silver that now has 2600 miles. The Z4 drives and handles superbly retaining all the qualities of an open air roaster. So if you’re not into stiff suspensions and road tire nose so common to roasters this is not the car for you. Don't get me wrong these are great cars, well built and my BMW dealer stands behind it. But it's still a roadster and not a car for those who are more interested in technology and ride comfort unwilling to compromise for the open road this vehicle excels at, it’s made to be driven. This is what a sports car should be."

Fresh from the dealership

Serious mechanical problems . . .

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Reason: Mechanical Problems

Pros: "Beautiful body design."

Cons: "Lots of mechanical and electrical problems."

"Lifters replaced TWICE since purchased, fuel pump replaced, brakes repaired several times, starter replaced, climate control panel replaced, OEM tires very loud and hunt on the road, adaptive headlights repaired, lots of squeaks and rattles. I will never, ever buy another BMW Z4. I must say the BMW dealerships have been very helpful trying to get things repaired properly . . . too bad, I do like the design of the body but mechanically and electrically it has lots of problems."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals