2011 BMW Z4

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Serious mechanical problems . . .

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Reason: Mechanical Problems

Pros: "Beautiful body design."

Cons: "Lots of mechanical and electrical problems."

"Lifters replaced TWICE since purchased, fuel pump replaced, brakes repaired several times, starter replaced, climate control panel replaced, OEM tires very loud and hunt on the road, adaptive headlights repaired, lots of squeaks and rattles. I will never, ever buy another BMW Z4. I must say the BMW dealerships have been very helpful trying to get things repaired properly . . . too bad, I do like the design of the body but mechanically and electrically it has lots of problems."

love this car!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "beuty.gas milge.hard top.awsme inter(wood).lge nav"

"I leased this car, now plan to buy it...excellnt car,fun to drive reliable, and gas mileage....36miles to gallon coming back from vegas! Fit and finish great..navi great with big screen! And all of this with the best part....when you put the top down..gorgeous....poetry in motion!! Who cares about cupholders!"

BMW, what were they thinking?

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks and Driving Fun"

Cons: "No spare tire, outdated technology package"

"I fully enjoy the look and drive of this car. It is amazingly fun to drive and it turns heads in the looks department. Several things annoy and disappoint me, however. I do not feel comfortable taking this car on short (300 mile) trips, no spare tire. Yes, it has run flat tires (difficult to replace) but after you get to a rest stop on a turnpike, then what? Wait and wait for a flat bed truck to tow you to where ever for a tire? Very time consuming and it stops a fun trip dead in it's tracks. Next, the navigation screen is not clear and crisp (as it is on my Acura) and does not change automatically when you cross into another time zone (as it does with my Acura). Then, no back=up camera, that's just sad. Additionally, the upgraded sound system is not good. I traded a 370Z on this car and it had a better (Bose) system. So many easy to correct errors and I fault myself for not doing my homework to find these things out before I bought this $70,000 car. I will just enjoy the car around town on nice days with the top down. My next car will not be a Z4."

Great car, very fun to drive, strong acceleration

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior noise with top up, Tire life"

BMW Z4 3.5

"I ordered this car from Germany because manual transmissions are very difficult to find. It took about 2 months to receive it after I put down my deposit. The service from the dealer has been exceptional. My only complaint is a rattle in the roof panel when the top is up which the dealer has not been able to resolve."

BMW Z4 3.5

BMW Z4 - The most beautiful Deathtrap on the road

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Vehicle"

Cons: "Not a safe car to drive"

"I have a 2011 BMW Z4 ( Vin# wbalm5c51be378952 ) with around 16,000 miles on it that has been constantly in the shop for a variety of electrical, mechanical and structural issues. These issues range from the driver’s side of the hood unlatching again and again after multiple services to the car, continually not starting and stalling out when driving at slow speeds. Each issue has been serviced multiple times and as of yet none of the issues have been resolved. Further, these issues have persisted in spite of countless service visits. The vehicle has stalled in stop and go traffic and while making left turns and my friends and family refuse to ride in it for safety reasons. It has now come to a point where I am actually fearful to drive the car. I have been formally reprimanded at work for getting there late due to my car not starting or needing to be taken into service. I keep it in a garage that is both air conditioned and heated. I am a high school counselor and work just 5 miles from my house and usually just drive it to work and to visit my parents on the weekend. I take the car for all of it’s services and only put super-unleaded gas in it. I really can’t think of how I can treat the car better or care for it more. I am sad I own this car and even sadder about the lack of ability BMW has to fix even the simplest mechanical problems..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for