2008 BMW Z4

Based on 232 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Fantastic fun and reliable performance car

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just plain fun car to drive"

Cons: "None, I love it"

"This is my 5th BMW, all have been great cars. This one is my favorite. BMW made a winner here. Amazing performance but still docile in town. The torque range of the engine is wonderful, pull away in any gear with ease or drop down and leave the traffic behind. Handling is next to none and brakes that are out of this world. You can drive it as a lazy man or a wild man, it just comes back for more. I have owned the Porsche Boxster S as well, very good car as well, but I love the Z4M over it."

Top-quality roadster

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great style"

Cons: "a little heavy and bit pricey to maintain"

"If you like the styling and the firm ride, this is a top-quality roadster that holds its own anywhere. About 23 MPG from the beefy engine, great handling, good trunk space--a highly civilized sports car."

Style, Performance, Fun!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I bought a used 2003 2.5i version of this car and even though it is the smallest engine available in the US I still love it! Its reliability has been good (with the exception of the convertible top needing replacing), I've gotten looks and comments from people that have been mostly good, and have been on numerous road trips with it. There are a few nits about the car though. The run-flat tires combined with a rock hard suspension mean that you'll be thrashed about on anything but smooth highways (which in America are rare to come by, least of all in my city, Seattle). The electronic steering can seem sluggish on bumpy roads and the car's true acceleration potential is hindered when not in sport mode. Lastly, it's not the most practical but if you're buying a two seater convertible, you're not aiming for practicality. If you can get past these nits, then you'll love this car. I plan on keeping mine forever."

this is THE ultimate driving machine!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"I just got my z4 and i am thrilled each time i drive it. i just step into a different world whenever i drive -- the top down, the sound of the wind and the engine is a very exhilarating experience. sticks to the road on turns, very easy to go fast, the top goes down in less than 10 secs... although some people find this takes too long, for me it's just fine. all my colleagues at work wanted to get one when they saw it. i got a loaded z4 (premium and sports package, leather and heated seats, xenon headlights, etc.) and i feel like a princess in it :) the heated seats are also a plus, the auto dimming mirrors and automatic headlights. i am also impressed with the technology of the run flat tires, and the dynamic stability control and dynamic traction control where the car modulates engine power and applies brakes individually to tires to help keep the vehicle under control when it senses under or over steering... this car really knows how to treat you right!"

Fantastic ride with the soft top down. Hot car.

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and very sporty"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage space"

"Only drive it when I can put the top down. Very fun and exciting to drive. Great aggressive look."

BMW Quality and Performance

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast and reliable"

Cons: "Not the easiest to enter and exit"

"I have had this car for several years and absolutely love it. I have the Z4 Coupe variant and keeping in mind it is a sports car not a luxury crusier it gets you there fast and in style. Not the easiest car to enter or exit but if you are buying a car for that purpose an SUV is the better choice. For performance, handling and looks it does not get much better than a BMW Z4!"

Classic roadster, blast to drive the manual tranny

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "fun roadster, handling is tight, great looking"

Cons: "run flats can be pricey, cup holders are flimsy"

"Bought the 2.5 manual Z4 used with 27k miles on it. There is nothing practical about it, but that is not why you buy a Z4! Nothing but fun with it, no mechanical or electrical issues. Absolute joy to drive hard with the manual. Very fast convertible top (< 10 seconds). Biggest hassle was replacing the cup holders, which were an add on for the U.S. market. I don't think there's a better looking roadster out there!"

Great Reliable vehicle that retains value

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "You become the man"

Cons: "Cup holders are bad"

"Bought my Z4 4 months ago and absolutely love it. I am dreading the day it's packed up for the winter. Everything is great about this car except for one thing. The ride can be slightly bumpy at times. Living in PA where the roads are one of the worst in the country, you notice this in the Z4. Non run flat tires help to accomadate this problem though."

Love it

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Let's see, I can get up to 30mpg, it has style that will never end. I've had the car for two years now and have done nothing to it outside of changing oil and replacing tires. Drives like a wildcat on rails and stops on a dime. Will be keeping it for a LONG time. Just understand that this is a 'toy'. It's only a two seater so that limits its usefulness but for those that can have one, I can think of nothing better that I would rather have."

Great Roadster

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"We bought as a retirement car. As long as we can get into it, we'll own one. We took it on a two week "no reservations" trip and had 70 degree weather the whole time...perfect car. It's hard to stop the grin, zips past most any situation and has plenty of trunk space...two large travel bags and two gym bags fit perfect. We put on Kumho run flat tires at 30000 miles and they have been quiet and smooth...we also installed a Pioneer, top of the line sound system with Blue Tooth, highly recommend. Ours is a 2004, 3.0and we have put some 20000 miles on it since buying it last year with 19000, it still runs like a new car. We have owned every American car, this is my favorite. Other favorites since the 60's were a Pontiac Bonniville Convertible, a Camaro, a Buick Regal. a Cadillac Elderado and a Linclon Mark 8."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals