2008 BMW Z4

9.3

Based on 223 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Fantastic fun and reliable performance car

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just plain fun car to drive"

Cons: "None, I love it"

"This is my 5th BMW, all have been great cars. This one is my favorite. BMW made a winner here. Amazing performance but still docile in town. The torque range of the engine is wonderful, pull away in any gear with ease or drop down and leave the traffic behind. Handling is next to none and brakes that are out of this world. You can drive it as a lazy man or a wild man, it just comes back for more. I have owned the Porsche Boxster S as well, very good car as well, but I love the Z4M over it."

Great fun roadster!

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "quality, mileage (for sports car), handling, speed"

Cons: "bad cupholders, small trunk space, visibility"

"For a sports car (roadster or otherwise) it's a great little car with lots of leg room. The cabin is surprisingly quiet and the sound system (Premium Sound) is really good even with the top down. I got this CPO and the previous owners kept it in top shape. Handling is amazing (I had an MR2 which had great go-cart handling -- the Z is just as much fun) and acceleration is awesome. The build quality is smart and classy, as we expect from BMW. Most important, this car puts a smile on my face every time I take a ride. And when I'm not driving it, I think about taking it for a ride all the time -- can't wait for the next opportunity to put the top down and hit the road. If my Toyota commuter is a wife, the Z4 is definitely a mistress that will make other men jealous."

simply the best

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holders a little flimsy"

"have owned 19 cars in my life...nothing compares. truly is the ultimate driving machine. great handling, wonderful driving experience. great gas mileage, dependable. and when that top goes down...wow classic lines...a true black beauty!!"

Best value for you buck!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Oil change once a year!"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance but worth it!"

"I purchased my Z4 in 2003 and it has never broken down, it still drives like new and looks brand new. Well worth your money. Current mileage over 68,000."

Top-quality roadster

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great style"

Cons: "a little heavy and bit pricey to maintain"

"If you like the styling and the firm ride, this is a top-quality roadster that holds its own anywhere. About 23 MPG from the beefy engine, great handling, good trunk space--a highly civilized sports car."

Love the thing!!!

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "plenty of power, plenty of grip, awesome looks"

Cons: "noisy inside, some sqeaks from the interior"

"I bought it used ofcource, best way to go with these cars, because they loose alot of value after they are sold new, the car is beautiful to look at, drives like a dream, great handeling and road feel, very nice fit and finish on the inetrior."

Style, Performance, Fun!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I bought a used 2003 2.5i version of this car and even though it is the smallest engine available in the US I still love it! Its reliability has been good (with the exception of the convertible top needing replacing), I've gotten looks and comments from people that have been mostly good, and have been on numerous road trips with it. There are a few nits about the car though. The run-flat tires combined with a rock hard suspension mean that you'll be thrashed about on anything but smooth highways (which in America are rare to come by, least of all in my city, Seattle). The electronic steering can seem sluggish on bumpy roads and the car's true acceleration potential is hindered when not in sport mode. Lastly, it's not the most practical but if you're buying a two seater convertible, you're not aiming for practicality. If you can get past these nits, then you'll love this car. I plan on keeping mine forever."

this is THE ultimate driving machine!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"I just got my z4 and i am thrilled each time i drive it. i just step into a different world whenever i drive -- the top down, the sound of the wind and the engine is a very exhilarating experience. sticks to the road on turns, very easy to go fast, the top goes down in less than 10 secs... although some people find this takes too long, for me it's just fine. all my colleagues at work wanted to get one when they saw it. i got a loaded z4 (premium and sports package, leather and heated seats, xenon headlights, etc.) and i feel like a princess in it :) the heated seats are also a plus, the auto dimming mirrors and automatic headlights. i am also impressed with the technology of the run flat tires, and the dynamic stability control and dynamic traction control where the car modulates engine power and applies brakes individually to tires to help keep the vehicle under control when it senses under or over steering... this car really knows how to treat you right!"

Fantastic ride with the soft top down. Hot car.

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and very sporty"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage space"

"Only drive it when I can put the top down. Very fun and exciting to drive. Great aggressive look."

BMW Quality and Performance

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast and reliable"

Cons: "Not the easiest to enter and exit"

"I have had this car for several years and absolutely love it. I have the Z4 Coupe variant and keeping in mind it is a sports car not a luxury crusier it gets you there fast and in style. Not the easiest car to enter or exit but if you are buying a car for that purpose an SUV is the better choice. For performance, handling and looks it does not get much better than a BMW Z4!"

Classic roadster, blast to drive the manual tranny

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "fun roadster, handling is tight, great looking"

Cons: "run flats can be pricey, cup holders are flimsy"

"Bought the 2.5 manual Z4 used with 27k miles on it. There is nothing practical about it, but that is not why you buy a Z4! Nothing but fun with it, no mechanical or electrical issues. Absolute joy to drive hard with the manual. Very fast convertible top (< 10 seconds). Biggest hassle was replacing the cup holders, which were an add on for the U.S. market. I don't think there's a better looking roadster out there!"

Great Reliable vehicle that retains value

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "You become the man"

Cons: "Cup holders are bad"

"Bought my Z4 4 months ago and absolutely love it. I am dreading the day it's packed up for the winter. Everything is great about this car except for one thing. The ride can be slightly bumpy at times. Living in PA where the roads are one of the worst in the country, you notice this in the Z4. Non run flat tires help to accomadate this problem though."

Love it

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Let's see, I can get up to 30mpg, it has style that will never end. I've had the car for two years now and have done nothing to it outside of changing oil and replacing tires. Drives like a wildcat on rails and stops on a dime. Will be keeping it for a LONG time. Just understand that this is a 'toy'. It's only a two seater so that limits its usefulness but for those that can have one, I can think of nothing better that I would rather have."

More than satisfied

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I have owned my silver / red 3.0si auto, m-seats, premium / sport pkg coupe for one year now (17K) and I look forward to driving it more everyday. It is spoty, fun, fast, and handles like it is on rails. BMW's 6 speed auto F1 is the best transmisson I have ever had in a car and it seems to always to be in the correct gear ready for you to stomp on the hair trigger gas pedal (no lag here.... it's point and shoot). The engine is smooth and powerful (5.3 zero to 60) and ultrafast roll ons at 80mph to into the 100's are a breeze. The sport packages offers the 18 inch offsets wheel, suspension and mechanical upgrades thoughout and that awesome sport button to crank it up even more. The car itself has such a beautiful distictive look that is a rarity for cars today. You will recieved compliments daliy even from owners of much more expensive and exotic cars. With all of this and you still get 27-30 mpg. Hands down my favorite BMW and GT sports car. M-seats and sport package are a must!!!"

HOT sports car!!!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"This car is beautiful!!! When i see another on the road it still turns my head. The car drives and handles like a TRUE sports car. Not for the faint of heart though because there is NO storage space and the ride is VERY stiff and sometimes outright jarring! But, if you are looking for a great all around, gorgeous crusier that handles like nothing else you are in for a real treat -- because you have found your match : ) ***Would not recomend as a daily driver unless you can handle the limited storage and stiff ride!!"

Best vehicle ever owned.

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "handling, MPG, power and torque, wonderful 6 speed"

Cons: "Cupholders"

"I know now why it is called the Ultimate Driving Machine. I love this car. I have owned 7 or 8 cars n the past, mostly VW, Audi or German built, but this car is amazing. The handling, the raw power, the convertible electric top, fantastic maneuverability, and responsiveness to the driver. The 6 speed manual is a dream."

Great roadster

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Love the gas mileage."

Cons: "Cup holders are terible. lots of cabin noise"

"Car has the perfect combination of gas mileage (32 highway) and sporty quick driving experience. Only real issue is the way it lost value during the 1st 4 years."

Better than an M3

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Great price, very fast, very fun in the twisties"

Cons: "Cramped cabin, cheap materials"

"I had an E46 M3 and it didn't compare in terms of fun to the M Roadster, this car is fast and really fun, you can toss it around in the twisties and when the backend gets a little nervous a bit of gas will get you right back on track. The car is raw, incredibly fun to drive. The only bad things I find is the quality of the interior materials is not that great, so if you find one with Extended Leather go for it! Also, I'm 6'1" and I can drive it ok but I wouldn't call it very roomy. 1st->2nd gear takes practices at high RPM, not enough pressure to the left and you'll grind the gears."

My litte racecar

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "The cupholders are as fragile as butterfly wings."

"I got this car because if you think about how a sports car should be built this would fit the bill perfectly. i.e Light, powerful, arrow dynamic, low to the ground with excellent grip. When I walk up to this car to drive it, I look at the body style and it makes me think like Im about to get into a American Le Mans car."

Great Roadster

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"We bought as a retirement car. As long as we can get into it, we'll own one. We took it on a two week "no reservations" trip and had 70 degree weather the whole time...perfect car. It's hard to stop the grin, zips past most any situation and has plenty of trunk space...two large travel bags and two gym bags fit perfect. We put on Kumho run flat tires at 30000 miles and they have been quiet and smooth...we also installed a Pioneer, top of the line sound system with Blue Tooth, highly recommend. Ours is a 2004, 3.0and we have put some 20000 miles on it since buying it last year with 19000, it still runs like a new car. We have owned every American car, this is my favorite. Other favorites since the 60's were a Pontiac Bonniville Convertible, a Camaro, a Buick Regal. a Cadillac Elderado and a Linclon Mark 8."

Long-term Fun!

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"2003 3.0i bought new; 5+ great years and 51,000 miles of daily driving. First 3 years in Maryland. Smooth engine and clutch. Replaced tires at 37,000 miles with all-seasons and an emergency inflation kit. Could not find all-season run-flats. Top down driving is a blast, even on cold mornings with the heater on full! Even more fun than my previous Z-3 and MG."

Sweet Ride

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I was not looking for the Z4, but once I got behind the wheel and hit the "sports" button, my heart dropped and that was all I needed. The car is great for a quick run to the store with the top down or a nice drive to the coast. The car can take a lot of others off the line and grips well at high speeds. The car is a different beast with the sports mode but turn it off and it makes for a great daily driver to and from work and to the golf course. The trunk is big enough for two golf bags and that is what makes it even better. It has made a huge BMW fan of me for life."

Almost the complete package

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"The greatest handling roadster available to the barely affluent! Sticks to the road like it's on tracks. The conundrum is that the very reason it handles so well - the suspension - is also why it's marks on comfort must be downgraded (though it is the only roadster for those of us over 6 foot tall). It's brutal on a long road trip, unless your in your twenties - but then twenty somethings, while more likely to want one, are less likely to buy one. On the downside is throttle-lag. At least on the automatic, there's a split second lag when demanding power. Nuisance at best, but can border on criticle."

Fun car

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"We purchased this car about 4 months ago. We took the car on a road trip to the beach. The car rides, drives, and handles great. The quality of this car far surpasses any American made car that I have ever owned. I don't say that lightly, since my other 4 vehicles are american made. This car is the most fun for the dollar that you can buy, and holds it's value well. When you take these cars in for service, the dealership is very thorough. Oh, and by the way, service is free for the first 4 years or 50000 miles. I will always own at least one BMW."

Summer Fun

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"Great car with a price tag that beats the competition in the showroom and on the road! A real pleasure to drive; constant looks and comments from others at the red lights and in the parking lots. Sound system is awesome, as is the "sport" button performance. No problems to report! BMW service center is CLEAN, friendly, prompt, and proactive! My favorite car ever!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals