2008 BMW Z4

9.3

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Fabulous handling & fun, sporty drive

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly responsive, sexy car. Worth it!"

Cons: "cup holders best for small, sturdy containers only"

"Excellent handling, turning, quality, reliability. Outstanding car. Only regret is not attending the BMW driving class on the east coast. Love unique shifting with paddles on the steering wheel. Turns on a dime. Only negative is that Sirius radio wasn't available when purchased."

So much better than the new sDrive...

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "The best, bar none, weekend driver you can buy."

Cons: "Not so good in a city or on bad roads. Or snow."

My baby, brand new

"The 2006 BMW Z4, of any build, is infinitely better than the new sDrive Z4. The electronic controls have removed the driver from the new car. The 2006 Z4 is one of my favorite cars I've ever seen, and I'm lucky enough to have put 100,000+ miles on it with no mechanical issues. It looks fantastic, and driving through the mountains with the top down is one of lifes greatest luxuries. I could go on and on about how wonderful the car is. I really could. But I don't feel there's enough elaboration on the negatives, which are primarily ride comfort and maintenance costs. A full set of new brakes will run about $1000 installed, tires are generally Z rated and $180/tire (More if you stick with the runflat bricks) and though nothing ever really goes wrong, anything to do on the car is incredibly expensive. I had an oil pan gasket replaced and it costed me nearly $800. The ride comfort is... To put it bluntly, terrible. Low profile tires and a racing stiff suspension, you will feel every bump, rock, crack, and divet in every surface you drive on. As a daily commuter in a city, you will develop back problems quickly. That being said, that same suspension and those wide rear tires make this car one of the best weekend cruisers to have ever been made. I have the E89 i6 278hp 270lb/ft plant in my car, and that engine, combined with the amazing dual clutch flappy-paddle gearbox is an absolute DREAM to rev into the upper 6800rpms and hear that great engine purring as you cut a corner with the top down and the sun on your face. BMWs last true Ultimate Driving Machine."

My baby, brand new

What a Winner

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "A real driver's car."

Cons: "Typical Z4 crummy cup holders."

"This is my third Z car. Started with a Z3 a few years ago. Gave up a low mileage 2003 Z4 that won awards in area car shows for the Z4M. Glad I did. What a joy to drive. I don't find the ride harsh at all. It's just very solid. The engine is the most flexible I've ever encountered; very tractable at low rpm and a real screamer above 4500. It'll never be a rare car (they made 3041 N. America roadsters), but it should retain good value if well cared for. My wife will not believe it, but this is likely my last car. It's that good."

Two year old with me: second owner: awesome car!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Superb driver after ditching the run flat tires:"

Cons: "None in my opinion."

"Bought it two years ago, with 50K miles. Six-speed, 3.0, all options. My third BWM, and my best. Hauls a**, and cruises when necessary. Body still gets looks in a crowd, and low maintenance. Throw back to the long hood, in line 6 sports cars. A real winner. Looking for a great sports car, don't look any farther."

love it.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "ultimate drive"

Cons: "bit small but its a roadster"

"I d buy it again"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for