2006 BMW Z4

9.3

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

So much better than the new sDrive...

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "The best, bar none, weekend driver you can buy."

Cons: "Not so good in a city or on bad roads. Or snow."

My baby, brand new

"The 2006 BMW Z4, of any build, is infinitely better than the new sDrive Z4. The electronic controls have removed the driver from the new car. The 2006 Z4 is one of my favorite cars I've ever seen, and I'm lucky enough to have put 100,000+ miles on it with no mechanical issues. It looks fantastic, and driving through the mountains with the top down is one of lifes greatest luxuries. I could go on and on about how wonderful the car is. I really could. But I don't feel there's enough elaboration on the negatives, which are primarily ride comfort and maintenance costs. A full set of new brakes will run about $1000 installed, tires are generally Z rated and $180/tire (More if you stick with the runflat bricks) and though nothing ever really goes wrong, anything to do on the car is incredibly expensive. I had an oil pan gasket replaced and it costed me nearly $800. The ride comfort is... To put it bluntly, terrible. Low profile tires and a racing stiff suspension, you will feel every bump, rock, crack, and divet in every surface you drive on. As a daily commuter in a city, you will develop back problems quickly. That being said, that same suspension and those wide rear tires make this car one of the best weekend cruisers to have ever been made. I have the E89 i6 278hp 270lb/ft plant in my car, and that engine, combined with the amazing dual clutch flappy-paddle gearbox is an absolute DREAM to rev into the upper 6800rpms and hear that great engine purring as you cut a corner with the top down and the sun on your face. BMWs last true Ultimate Driving Machine."

My baby, brand new

What a Winner

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "A real driver's car."

Cons: "Typical Z4 crummy cup holders."

"This is my third Z car. Started with a Z3 a few years ago. Gave up a low mileage 2003 Z4 that won awards in area car shows for the Z4M. Glad I did. What a joy to drive. I don't find the ride harsh at all. It's just very solid. The engine is the most flexible I've ever encountered; very tractable at low rpm and a real screamer above 4500. It'll never be a rare car (they made 3041 N. America roadsters), but it should retain good value if well cared for. My wife will not believe it, but this is likely my last car. It's that good."

Two year old with me: second owner: awesome car!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Superb driver after ditching the run flat tires:"

Cons: "None in my opinion."

"Bought it two years ago, with 50K miles. Six-speed, 3.0, all options. My third BWM, and my best. Hauls a**, and cruises when necessary. Body still gets looks in a crowd, and low maintenance. Throw back to the long hood, in line 6 sports cars. A real winner. Looking for a great sports car, don't look any farther."

love it.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "ultimate drive"

Cons: "bit small but its a roadster"

"I d buy it again"

Bought car off BMW lease and love it.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Real sports car ride, handling, looks, fun drive"

Cons: "No cons"

"This car is beautiful with every extra in it. Leather power seats, GPS. Auto/stick option, AM/FM/CD/DVD on board computer, rain censor wipers, power roof. All in excellent condition and only 31200 original miles. Garage kept. Looks like new."

If you're reading this review, you already know!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast and rare!"

Cons: "Expensive to keep up!"

"My wife bought this car for me 2 years ago in NC (2012). Its 2007 BMW M Coupe Black/Black with 29K on the clock! I paid $35K out the door. Since then I typcally only drive it on fridays or when the weather is perfect. I have since moved to CA where the roads are a bit harsh but the highway is a blast. I did use this as a daily driver and even with the sport mode "off", the jumpy and sensitve clutch is not for weak stomachs. I've since installed the CDV delete (best $35 bucks I ever spent). The only issues Ive run into are the headlight washer was stuck open on the right side, easy fix-remove the fuse so they dont come on. Beter than $750 to replace them at BMW. I did have a right rear tire blow out on Conti-Sport tires, the TPMS sensor worked great and alerted me before hand. Bad news though, insurance wont usually cover a flat bed tow(no spare tire). Change the fluids as suggested, premium only gas and be very careful on bumps (I've already replaced the underbody shield and plastics = Expensive!) I will admit that on long road trips its a bit harsh on my lower back ( I'm 5'11 @ 200 lbs) Other than that, she sleeps in the garage, covered in a BMW fitted car cover, ready for the next sunny day. No issues! I love this car more each day. Hope this helps and happy driving!"

This car is power and fun!

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "So much fun to drive, leave them at the red light"

Cons: "not big enough for much more than fun"

"I had this car build from scratch and watched the progress on the computer. Its silver outside and red leather seats. Its a classic look. The new are still look like this one. This was the only year they put the race car transmission in them, now you can only get it in the M6. It will last for many years to come. I needed more room for my business travel or I would still have it believe me."

Fantastic ride with the soft top down. Hot car.

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and very sporty"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage space"

"Only drive it when I can put the top down. Very fun and exciting to drive. Great aggressive look."

Fantastic fun and reliable performance car

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just plain fun car to drive"

Cons: "None, I love it"

"This is my 5th BMW, all have been great cars. This one is my favorite. BMW made a winner here. Amazing performance but still docile in town. The torque range of the engine is wonderful, pull away in any gear with ease or drop down and leave the traffic behind. Handling is next to none and brakes that are out of this world. You can drive it as a lazy man or a wild man, it just comes back for more. I have owned the Porsche Boxster S as well, very good car as well, but I love the Z4M over it."

Fun toy!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Ultimate Driving Machine (& I've owned other BMWs)"

Cons: "Nada"

"Bought this used in 2006 with approx 35k miles. Drove in California - ahhh...those twisty coastal roads! Nothing major for repairs or maintenance all this time. Selling because I moved and don't use it enough to make it worth keeping."

Awesome car

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "cup holders a bit awkward, but useful"

"Fast, economical, timeless design, elegant simplicity."

Fun and sporty!

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, very responsive, tight radius."

Cons: "Cup holders placed wrong in front of a/c and knee."

Car wash!

"The Z4 is an awesome little car! Flying down the highway with the top down is way cool. The best is a windy road when the car tracks like a dream. Awesome handling on turns. Will really hate to graduate to a new car one day."

Car wash!

Traded in Z3 for Z4. Well worth it.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Whoever is driving it, looks good."

Cons: "Repairs pricey"

"Z4 is much more of competitive sports car...close to Boxer. Have had sports car since my first in 1968...a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger, if anyone knows it. Much quieter than Z3 unless you had hardtop. engine has great sound, not loud but distinctive. Have small engine with 5 speed manual. Have never felt like needed more power. Felt like could shift one more time. I'd buy it again. Had to replace top motor, about $1,000 and a couple of cup holders. If you have to have anything done, start at $1,000. Original tires were good run flats. Next set was bad selection on my part. I then went to Michelin non-run flat . I seldom get to drive this except when wife & I are together. It is her everyday car. She is not looking at new Z4 because of lost cargo space it would have. She can get half of Costgo in that car."

head turner, high maintenence

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Will receive many compliments"

Cons: "High maintenence"

"PROS: Stunning design, will receive many compliments, fun to drive, powerful, fast, hugs the road, people always smile at you as you drive especially with the top down, good stereo sound, surprising good gas mileage, makes you feel rich, did I mention fun to drive? CONS: High cost of maintenance, motor for convertible top guaranteed to fail (too expensive to fix and even when repaired will fail so get used to manual mode), engine/hood head light lens gets foggy quickly, hood/engine gets hot with accompanying burning/hot smell, car doors sound tinny when closing, door handle latch sticky, lens cover get foggy quickly, very expensive parts like run flat tires around $400 each"

love love it....

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "run flat tires"

"I had a Z3, and then purchased the Z4.... i love this car ! ! !"

beautiful, fast and fun

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Hot car"

Cons: "Expensive to repair."

"03, NICE 55k miles expensive to repair, door locks malfunctioned, replaced module over $1000. at 50k replaced gaskets on oil filter and valve cover for leaks. Rain water destroyed convertible top motor."

ZEDDY

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive.. altimate swagg... fast n tight"

Cons: "speed bumper scrapper... pothole killer"

"19 years old owned the car for 2 years. love everything about it besides having to navigate every pot hole and pull into certain areas at a slant(to avoid scraping front bumper) the car is awesome. i have the 2.5 after small engine work(throttle body spacer,intake,tune) she performs if not pulls on the 3.0. defiantly had my fun going thru a few pair of rear tires drifting. although maintenance can be very expensive make sure you get a full warranty(bumper to bumper).... handles beautiful hugs turns at high speeds. after owning this for 2 years i could only think to want a M3 or Porsche after this."

Love this car..

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Looks, quick response,good price, fun to drive"

Cons: "repair price, electronics."

"Was going to get a Vette and my wife talked me into a Z4...Best toy I've ever bought.Absolutely love driving this car. I have no regrets whatsoever for choosing the Z4 over a Vette."

This car is perfect for someone that has class.

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

"This car is perfect for someone that has class and want to showoff. Everything works like new."

Best vehicle ever owned.

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "handling, MPG, power and torque, wonderful 6 speed"

Cons: "Cupholders"

"I know now why it is called the Ultimate Driving Machine. I love this car. I have owned 7 or 8 cars n the past, mostly VW, Audi or German built, but this car is amazing. The handling, the raw power, the convertible electric top, fantastic maneuverability, and responsiveness to the driver. The 6 speed manual is a dream."

Amazing

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Too much fun to drive"

Cons: "Painted Calipers, no garage openers,cup holders"

"I recently bought this car about 6 months ago, and I love it more everyday..I have the coupe and get compliment everywhere I go. Its has one of the best engines ever designed its quick even with sport mode off. Well built, stiff ride, well appointed interior. Car stoppes on a dime,great gear box..lots of fun I have the premium package with navigation which I could have done without. Bluetooth is nice for hands free driving.. I plan on keeping this for a long long time..if you can find one..buy it.."

Very fun to drive !

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

"Fast, powerful, and just plain fun!"

Still in love with it after almost 5 years!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "The look. The sound."

Cons: "ill go with the cup holders. Really dysfunctional."

"Absolutely love drive this car. Got this for my 30th birthday and have loved it from the very first day. Not practical if its your only car. Its the fun ride! It drives like its on rails. Its awesome on the highways, dodging traffic and equally fun cruising at a low low speed. The best part is the way it sounds. NOT a quiet car, the cabin can get noisy. But i do like that. I plan on keeping this car and be a owner of a classic someday. :-)"

Here's some buying help

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Value. Perforance. Quality."

Cons: "Cupholders. Firm seats. Top up visibility."

"I recently bought a 39k miles 2003 Z4 2.5. I was originally intent on the 3.0 version until I drove the 2.5 with Sport Package. It's all the power and handling I (and most people) will need for a pleasurable BMW driving experience. Accelleration is 0-60 in about 7 seconds and top speed is rated at 146 MPH. Honestly, who needs more than that for most driving? On top of that, I recently got 33MPG on a 150 mile day trip which is remarkable considering the car's performance. Also, when buying, you really need to make sure you get the Sport and Premium Pacakges. They include all the goodies to make driving your Z4 the most enjoyable experience possible. (Not to mention helping you with resale value when that day comes.) For the money (middle of the road expense for a roadster), the Z4 probably gives you the best value on the market. It's a HUGE step up from any Z3 in every way, and you can get a really good Z4 for around $16-20k which is a bargain at less than half the original selling price. Not only that, but if you read on to all the reviews on Kelley, the engines in the Z4 are time-tested and pretty much bulletproof in terms of repair issues. Personally, I prefer a manual transmission, and I have heard there can be problems with the Steptronic and SMG versions if that's your preference. For wind in your hair fun, classic two seater performance and pinache, you won't do better than a clean, low miles Z4. Good luck with your search!"

My favorite car so far!!!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Sexy Design, Fast"

Cons: "Flimsy Cup Holders, Limited Sight With Top Up"

"I love this car, fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage, only draw back is the high cost of maintenance"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for