2003 BMW Z4

9.3

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

So much better than the new sDrive...

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "The best, bar none, weekend driver you can buy."

Cons: "Not so good in a city or on bad roads. Or snow."

My baby, brand new

"The 2006 BMW Z4, of any build, is infinitely better than the new sDrive Z4. The electronic controls have removed the driver from the new car. The 2006 Z4 is one of my favorite cars I've ever seen, and I'm lucky enough to have put 100,000+ miles on it with no mechanical issues. It looks fantastic, and driving through the mountains with the top down is one of lifes greatest luxuries. I could go on and on about how wonderful the car is. I really could. But I don't feel there's enough elaboration on the negatives, which are primarily ride comfort and maintenance costs. A full set of new brakes will run about $1000 installed, tires are generally Z rated and $180/tire (More if you stick with the runflat bricks) and though nothing ever really goes wrong, anything to do on the car is incredibly expensive. I had an oil pan gasket replaced and it costed me nearly $800. The ride comfort is... To put it bluntly, terrible. Low profile tires and a racing stiff suspension, you will feel every bump, rock, crack, and divet in every surface you drive on. As a daily commuter in a city, you will develop back problems quickly. That being said, that same suspension and those wide rear tires make this car one of the best weekend cruisers to have ever been made. I have the E89 i6 278hp 270lb/ft plant in my car, and that engine, combined with the amazing dual clutch flappy-paddle gearbox is an absolute DREAM to rev into the upper 6800rpms and hear that great engine purring as you cut a corner with the top down and the sun on your face. BMWs last true Ultimate Driving Machine."

My baby, brand new

What a Winner

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "A real driver's car."

Cons: "Typical Z4 crummy cup holders."

"This is my third Z car. Started with a Z3 a few years ago. Gave up a low mileage 2003 Z4 that won awards in area car shows for the Z4M. Glad I did. What a joy to drive. I don't find the ride harsh at all. It's just very solid. The engine is the most flexible I've ever encountered; very tractable at low rpm and a real screamer above 4500. It'll never be a rare car (they made 3041 N. America roadsters), but it should retain good value if well cared for. My wife will not believe it, but this is likely my last car. It's that good."

Two year old with me: second owner: awesome car!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Superb driver after ditching the run flat tires:"

Cons: "None in my opinion."

"Bought it two years ago, with 50K miles. Six-speed, 3.0, all options. My third BWM, and my best. Hauls a**, and cruises when necessary. Body still gets looks in a crowd, and low maintenance. Throw back to the long hood, in line 6 sports cars. A real winner. Looking for a great sports car, don't look any farther."

love it.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "ultimate drive"

Cons: "bit small but its a roadster"

"I d buy it again"

Bought car off BMW lease and love it.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Real sports car ride, handling, looks, fun drive"

Cons: "No cons"

"This car is beautiful with every extra in it. Leather power seats, GPS. Auto/stick option, AM/FM/CD/DVD on board computer, rain censor wipers, power roof. All in excellent condition and only 31200 original miles. Garage kept. Looks like new."

If you're reading this review, you already know!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast and rare!"

Cons: "Expensive to keep up!"

"My wife bought this car for me 2 years ago in NC (2012). Its 2007 BMW M Coupe Black/Black with 29K on the clock! I paid $35K out the door. Since then I typcally only drive it on fridays or when the weather is perfect. I have since moved to CA where the roads are a bit harsh but the highway is a blast. I did use this as a daily driver and even with the sport mode "off", the jumpy and sensitve clutch is not for weak stomachs. I've since installed the CDV delete (best $35 bucks I ever spent). The only issues Ive run into are the headlight washer was stuck open on the right side, easy fix-remove the fuse so they dont come on. Beter than $750 to replace them at BMW. I did have a right rear tire blow out on Conti-Sport tires, the TPMS sensor worked great and alerted me before hand. Bad news though, insurance wont usually cover a flat bed tow(no spare tire). Change the fluids as suggested, premium only gas and be very careful on bumps (I've already replaced the underbody shield and plastics = Expensive!) I will admit that on long road trips its a bit harsh on my lower back ( I'm 5'11 @ 200 lbs) Other than that, she sleeps in the garage, covered in a BMW fitted car cover, ready for the next sunny day. No issues! I love this car more each day. Hope this helps and happy driving!"

This car is power and fun!

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "So much fun to drive, leave them at the red light"

Cons: "not big enough for much more than fun"

"I had this car build from scratch and watched the progress on the computer. Its silver outside and red leather seats. Its a classic look. The new are still look like this one. This was the only year they put the race car transmission in them, now you can only get it in the M6. It will last for many years to come. I needed more room for my business travel or I would still have it believe me."

Fantastic ride with the soft top down. Hot car.

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and very sporty"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage space"

"Only drive it when I can put the top down. Very fun and exciting to drive. Great aggressive look."

Fantastic fun and reliable performance car

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just plain fun car to drive"

Cons: "None, I love it"

"This is my 5th BMW, all have been great cars. This one is my favorite. BMW made a winner here. Amazing performance but still docile in town. The torque range of the engine is wonderful, pull away in any gear with ease or drop down and leave the traffic behind. Handling is next to none and brakes that are out of this world. You can drive it as a lazy man or a wild man, it just comes back for more. I have owned the Porsche Boxster S as well, very good car as well, but I love the Z4M over it."

Fun toy!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Ultimate Driving Machine (& I've owned other BMWs)"

Cons: "Nada"

"Bought this used in 2006 with approx 35k miles. Drove in California - ahhh...those twisty coastal roads! Nothing major for repairs or maintenance all this time. Selling because I moved and don't use it enough to make it worth keeping."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for