2002 BMW Z3

9.3

Based on 269 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Was gonna sell, but...

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"I have had my z3 since new in 2000. Came on here to get the KBB value because I was going to sell it and buy a Harley. After sleeping on it, I can't bring myself to do it. If you are in the market for a Z3, expect to pay a higher price than KBB, because the ones that are left out there have owners that don't really want to part with the car but have to. Now to comfort. It is a bit rigid. I have taken long trips in mine and have been fine, but I can see why some people would have problems. The key is to slide the seat a bit forward and lean the back of the seat back more where you are in a bit of a reclined position. Remember, this is a two seat roadster. You would still be fine on a daily commute of 50+ miles. And I have been on trips with it, but pack light. The truck is small, but it is in proportion to the car. As far as my Z3, it's going to be parked next to the Harley in the garage. She's a keeper!"

Fun for less money

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "a Bmw for less money"

Cons: "Not very comfy seats but still fun to drive"

"Purchased a 96 at 70k miles last June and no regrets so far.Dreamed of owning a corvette stingray but happened to come across this z3 while looking for a 3 series.Hope this car will reach 200k miles without any major problem since I really am having so much fun driving it."

A Perfect Example of Automotive Ingenuity

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have a 1996 BMW Z3 1.9L, which I bought used 11 years ago for $15,000. I spent the first 28 years of my driving career driving pickup trucks & suburbans. I didn't like cars; the top of my head hit the visor because I had to pull the seat forward to reach the gas pedal and the window sloped so much that the visor was right on top of me. I had a tough time adjusting to front wheel drive because I drove it so rarely; the list goes on and on. Then I saw this car. It had the beautiful soft lines of the cars of by-gone years and yet was very sporty. I have have so many compliments on it; everyone loves to talk to me about my car (of course I love talking about it to). I even got out of a speeding ticket because the officer was so interested in my car, especially when he found out it was 12 years old and it still looks brand new; he talked so long about the car he finally said he had to get going and didn't really have any more time to write a ticket; and that although he knows its tough to drive slow in such a car try to keep it down in town, waved and left! Can you imagine?!! The car handles like a charm and stops on a dime. It has saved my life on many of occasions. I have been able to avoid an accident because of the stering and breaks when the person behind me couldn't. My road home from work is deer infested and I constantly have to avoid deer; I hit deer on my way home 4 times with my suburban in 4 years befor getting my Z3, my husband has hit 6 with his osmobile in the last 8 years, but since I got my Z3 I have not hit any deer in 11 years. I drive my car all winter (I live in Green Bay, WI, so I deal with snow and ice). I feel safer driving this car than any other vehicle because if you are paying attention you can avoid most accident situations, you are also small enough to slide into spaces to get out of the way of situaltions that other vehicles can't. The car has NEVER given me any trouble in 11 years, even driving it in the winter too, which I can't say for any of our other vehicles. And on top of all this its amazing what I can pack into the car when I go grocery shopping or when I travel out of town on trips (you know how much junk women have to bring along); you can even get a bag on golf clubs in the trunk. The head room is incredible, I don't even come close to hittlng my head. I get fantastic gas mileage 31-32mpg city to 34 to 36 hwy unless I'm not watching my speed (which is why I have cruise control). And finally, best of all, it is just down right fun to drive. I will never, never, never, give my car up for anything!!!!"

Love this Car!

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"My 1999 Z3 M Roadster continues to turn heads and give me and my kids the ride they always look forward to. Loads of power, fun to drive, and an absolute joy on those twisting mountain North GA roads. Not overly comfortable but who cares with a car like this. No major problems, tons of fun and a great value!"

James Bond was right!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"The classic lines of this car will never go out of style. Interior fit and finish leave a little to be desired, but a push on the gas pedal and you don't care. The 2.5 L 6cyl. has a power band as wide as the Mississippi! Smooth and solid all the way to the govenor shutdown at 128 mph. No end to the compliments I recieve. Pricey when new, so get a good used one. Picked mine up with 60k below $15k. Go get one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z3 near Honolulu. See local deals