• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $54,856 - $56,923.

10/7.3

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

Power, performance and style

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "A muscle SUV that puts fun back into the commute"

Cons: "Speed limit signs, traffic cops"

"At 85 mph the X6 feels like it's going 25. Punch it and the twin turbos throw you back into the seat like your launching from the X15. So much power, so little road. Instant acceleration and the rocket ship is traveling well over a 100 before you can say NASA. This flagship turns heads as it rolls past the sleepy commuters sipping java in the predawn darkness. Superior interior design makes it difficult to exit the vehicle and swagger into the office. It is a muscle car. The exhaust rumbles. Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned. BMW's high end components make this so much better than the typical "mid life crisis" upgrade. Mid life crisis? He'll yes. Do I blow off work, grab the wife and take a drive over Independence Pass passing the Porsche club members on hair pin curves at 85 mph or do I head down I25 to Santa Fe for some art work and a cup of coffee? Now that's what I call a crisis."

Love This Cross Over!!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Stealth feeling..... but classy in it's own way!"

Cons: "Need over head sunglass holder"

"I love this machine! This cross over is fast, tight in the turns and when you step on it there's no dead spot!I have the middle level so it nicely loaded with enough features, including the full back seat. Only thing i like to see BMW do is put in a over head sun glass holder. It surprising how my daughter's 17 thousand dollar Ford Focus has one! I been after BMW for years on this issue being this isn't my first BMW. I came from the X5 to the X6 and there identical inside for exception of the roof tapers down in the back a little so less head room for tall passengers. I get all kinda of great complements on my X6! Plus there's not a 100 thousands of then at ever intersection."

If money is not an issue, go for it.Nice ride, but

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Pricey for upkeep"

"If you want exclusivity, this is it. I have 2012 xDrive35i. It's nice. Bought it without even test driving it. Built it online and had it delivered to me. Rides great. The tires, yes you will pay for new tires every 6 months. If you go to BMW it's around $1500 for rear (315/20s) and $11-1300 for front (275/20s). I went to BMW Performance Center in SC and they said you can get non run flats for better price like Michelins. That's what I'll do my next set of tires. I have been told I have a heavy foot, but even my mother (who tells me to slow down) does 80 in this car automatically. Be careful with the speed. Overall, nice luxury, if you have the money otherwise just an expensive car for the drive. Easily gets dings due to construction material. Windshield gets knicks easily too. Very safe car. It earned its stripes one day I had to make a quick maneuver to avoid a bad driver going around a curve. It handled well and did not rollover. I receive many compliments from the average driver and car enthusiasts. Mine is Vermillion Red. I will get extended warranties."

Classy Car - Tires Expensive

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "You don't see many on the road"

Cons: "Tires don't last long and are expensive"

"I have a 2012 3.5 XDrive. You can't beat the styling and performance in an SUV. I bought this because my kids out grew the back seat of my 2003 Porsche Carerra. You won't find a better 4 door vehicle for sportyness and handling. The BMW 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty is great but....the only thing not covered is TIRES & GLASS. I am already on my 3rd Windshield and ready to go on my 3rd set of tires. I was on my 2nd windshield and 2nd set of tires before I needed my first oil change. The angle of the windshield is prone to rock chips and cracking."

re