• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $56,487 - $58,196.

10/7.3

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

The BMW X6 is very dependable and I love the car.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Price is fair and a very rich feeling car."

Cons: "My Arthritis unfortunately is getting worse"

"I love the SUV, but my needs have changed due to my health. In the event it's a great sexy looking car."

Simply Amazing!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Comfort, Style, Performance"

"I will start by saying this is the forth BMW that I have owned and if you are an owner of a BMW you likely enjoy performance as I do. This SAV still brings a smile to my face and actually makes me want to get up in the morning to drive in to work. Many have already stated some of these facts so excuse me if I become redundant. The sound that comes out of the exhaust when you give it just a little gas has my male neighbors salivating. I unknowingly caused quite the talk when I pulled up in the driveway. It is a deep but not overbearing rumbling tone. On the highway (or on the way to it) It sounds like a well tuned beast. I have plenty of room inside for myself and three passengers to sit comfortably as well as a cargo area that is larger than most any sedan. I opted for the Premium sound as I love music and I am so glad I did. You have not lived until you are listenning to crisp clear surround sound while this machine is accellerating past sports cars. I also opted for the Sport package as I do on any BMW. This provided me with the 20" Dunlops in which I have had no problem with what so ever. I upgraded to the X6M wheels and just switched out the original 20" wheels. The treadwear is much better than I thought as well. I never turn off DSC so I am not spinning tires like a teenager. After 7300 mile and right at 6 mths. These tires still look brand new. The 4.4ltr Twin Turbo AWD V8 is fenominal. There is literally no turbo lag as this SAV is propelled well into 3 digit numbers. I was a bit concerned that I would be bored with the 8speed automatic as I have always owned manuals... Oh was I wrong. To my surprise when you put this car into manual mode and begin shifting it emulates a standard all the way down to the slight dip as if you are going in on the clutch but only faster. The comfort level is a one seat fits all.. Trust me when I tell you that everying on that seat is adjustable. You WILL find your sweet spot. I have been eyeing this car since 2008 when I bought my 335i so I had a lot of time to do a lot of research and also let BMW work out all of the kinks. I am soo happy that I was able to put this SAV in my garage and I am sure my wife is happy that I have stopped talking about it a bit."

great ride

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"Very nice to own, Great on long trips and fast. Fun to drive."

Power, performance and style

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "A muscle SUV that puts fun back into the commute"

Cons: "Speed limit signs, traffic cops"

"At 85 mph the X6 feels like it's going 25. Punch it and the twin turbos throw you back into the seat like your launching from the X15. So much power, so little road. Instant acceleration and the rocket ship is traveling well over a 100 before you can say NASA. This flagship turns heads as it rolls past the sleepy commuters sipping java in the predawn darkness. Superior interior design makes it difficult to exit the vehicle and swagger into the office. It is a muscle car. The exhaust rumbles. Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned. BMW's high end components make this so much better than the typical "mid life crisis" upgrade. Mid life crisis? He'll yes. Do I blow off work, grab the wife and take a drive over Independence Pass passing the Porsche club members on hair pin curves at 85 mph or do I head down I25 to Santa Fe for some art work and a cup of coffee? Now that's what I call a crisis."

Love This Cross Over!!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Stealth feeling..... but classy in it's own way!"

Cons: "Need over head sunglass holder"

"I love this machine! This cross over is fast, tight in the turns and when you step on it there's no dead spot!I have the middle level so it nicely loaded with enough features, including the full back seat. Only thing i like to see BMW do is put in a over head sun glass holder. It surprising how my daughter's 17 thousand dollar Ford Focus has one! I been after BMW for years on this issue being this isn't my first BMW. I came from the X5 to the X6 and there identical inside for exception of the roof tapers down in the back a little so less head room for tall passengers. I get all kinda of great complements on my X6! Plus there's not a 100 thousands of then at ever intersection."

If money is not an issue, go for it.Nice ride, but

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Pricey for upkeep"

"If you want exclusivity, this is it. I have 2012 xDrive35i. It's nice. Bought it without even test driving it. Built it online and had it delivered to me. Rides great. The tires, yes you will pay for new tires every 6 months. If you go to BMW it's around $1500 for rear (315/20s) and $11-1300 for front (275/20s). I went to BMW Performance Center in SC and they said you can get non run flats for better price like Michelins. That's what I'll do my next set of tires. I have been told I have a heavy foot, but even my mother (who tells me to slow down) does 80 in this car automatically. Be careful with the speed. Overall, nice luxury, if you have the money otherwise just an expensive car for the drive. Easily gets dings due to construction material. Windshield gets knicks easily too. Very safe car. It earned its stripes one day I had to make a quick maneuver to avoid a bad driver going around a curve. It handled well and did not rollover. I receive many compliments from the average driver and car enthusiasts. Mine is Vermillion Red. I will get extended warranties."

Classy Car - Tires Expensive

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "You don't see many on the road"

Cons: "Tires don't last long and are expensive"

"I have a 2012 3.5 XDrive. You can't beat the styling and performance in an SUV. I bought this because my kids out grew the back seat of my 2003 Porsche Carerra. You won't find a better 4 door vehicle for sportyness and handling. The BMW 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty is great but....the only thing not covered is TIRES & GLASS. I am already on my 3rd Windshield and ready to go on my 3rd set of tires. I was on my 2nd windshield and 2nd set of tires before I needed my first oil change. The angle of the windshield is prone to rock chips and cracking."

re

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I want this car

"love this car"

excellent crossover

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "expensive but nice car"

Cons: "you will hit your head if you are not careful"

"fantastic car....would buy it again"

Nice but expensive

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "Handling and speed"

Cons: "Gas milage and pricing"

"3rd BMW i have owned previous where X5 3.5 L and 4.4 L I have the 5L loaded with everything but entertainment package. It drives like a sports car .Fast an agile you would not think it weighs over 5000LBs. I hate to see it go I think it is one of the nicest cars I have owned but it does drink fuel and its time for me to move on .I have had no real problems with it at all.Chose the standard sport tire this time and everything was fine.Last one I chose the largest rims and had cracks and warping of the rims."

Outstanding car!

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "The design of the car is unique."

"I bought a 2013 35i X6 with the m-package and just love the car. The look and feel of this car is outstanding. I get compliments all the time. Absolutely amazing car!"

Got a Lemon but BMW did the right thing

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Reason: Bought back by BMW

Pros: "Fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "35i underpowered, pre 2011's have engine probs"

"Owned this car for over 2.5 years with various High Pressure Fuel Pump problems and other engine issues. BMW did the right thing and bought it back. It seemed like the 35i was underpowered for the weight of the car as we experienced the hesitation during acceleration from a stop. Bought a 2013 BMW X6 50i that is totally night and day to our old X6"

A charmer, love the car BUT...

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "software is corrupt"

"Engine Malfunction sporadic warnings, engine overheating warnings,software not responding to voice or sometimes absent! hand break knob came off in my hands, tires were too soft for vehicle (eventually changed 3 sets in 18 months! Seat defective,(spring loose) leather coating on steering inside door peeling... The warnings were not registered so engineers said they could not replicate. Otherwise it is a beautiful car, handles extremely well but needs a new mother board maybe???"

a unique, comfortable, noted, driving experience.

By on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pros: "styling, exclusivity, firm grip and command."

"for those of you who don't like to blend in,, this is the car for you,,I hardly see any bmw x6 on the road and that to me is important. I like the exclusivity factor and also knowing that I own a very reliable car.. thanks, bmw."

My 4th Beemer and favorite BMW to date!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful and unique styling, fast, fun to drive"

Cons: "AC controls are fussy, fuel pump died 2x"

"I get tons of compliments from strangers on the styling of this car. I have owned two different M3s and a V8 X5 and none has garnered the stares and attention that this one has. Color is an unusual Platinum Silver Metallic called Mineral Silver, sometimes looks champagne in the right light. Fuel pump has gone out twice but replaced immediately under warranty with a loaner. Dreading replacing the 20" run flat hi perf tires at $1,000 each. Luv this car!"

Love this SUV!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Love the way it handles. Totally hugs the road."

Cons: "Acceleration from stand still can hesitate."

"Lots of fun and lots of toys. Great on the highway and I feel safe. Can hesitate sometimes on acceleration. Many people hit their heads the first time they get in the car."

Best car I have ever owned by far..

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "great handeling, perfomance, and wow factor"

Cons: "has been in shop for many little problems"

"I have owned this car for 3 1/2 years and still get a thrill every time I drive it! So much fun to drive. The twin turbos are just fantastic. When you step on it they kick in with absolutly no lag. The 8 speed trany is just seamless. I just love the sound of the deep, rumbling exhaust. The only thing I do not like about this car, is the gear shift. forward for reverse, and back is forward drive? Just doesn't make sence, but you get used to it.."

Loved the car and had to buy again.....

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Great drive, comfortable interiors and flawless in"

"I booked my first X6 in June 2008 which got delivered in Nov 2008. Kept it for 3 yes and a month, priceless car - had never had a single issue. Replaced with a new 2012, very nice. Love the luxury, comfort and drive of the car. The instrumentation in the 2012 is awesome. Its still an exclusive car and a perfect head turner!!!.."

Excellent car

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"This car is just spectacular. The design, comfort is uncomparable to any other car within this price range. Very safe vehicle. I was in a serious car accident together with my 5 month old infant and we came out flawless. I am out to get this car again."

great sport suv

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"with dinan computer upgrade no vehicle compares to torque"

By on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A Sleeper It's Not...

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I have owned my 2010 X6 M for a year now. I had the opportunity to take delivery at the Performance Driving Center in S. Carolina and got an introduction to the fine points of owning and driving a certified Rocket Ship. I drove back up to New Jersey from the Performance Center and found myself smiling for the duration. Then, in August of last year, six months into my ownership, I drove from New Jersey out to Portland, Oregon and back, a total of over six thousand miles in about two weeks. I drove the daylights out of that vehicle. We never lost the 'On-ramp-drag-races'... we were never passed unless we decided to be passed. Handling was incredible, we drove through severe weather, including hail, rain, lightening, high winds, scorching heat, and at Mt. Hood in Oregon, freezing temperatures... Aces! Despite all the snide remarks from columnists at the car magazines, the X6-M is a major force of pure power and performance. The effect of Twin Turbines combined with the healthy sound of the exhaust as it gives that 'burp' between gears is a rush unlike anything a living human could enjoy. This vehicle is destined to be a much sought-after, high powered classic in the near future. Get 'em while they're HOT!"

Wow factor high

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"This is my 5th BMW, I've owned as old as a 1972 2002 and as recent as a '05 M3. This car is tremendous. The dealer said he didn't like it because he hit his head when he got in... I think that may be the only negative thing I can think of about this car. I have hit my head once and would gladly do it again and again if that's what's required to drive this machine. Because I've owned this car for only about a week, I'll keep my review short. But no buyers remorse, that's for SURE."

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fun to Drive

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I have a 2008 X6 which I purchased new 2 1/2 years ago. I have had the Dinan software added and I now have 387 horsepower and 421 lbs of torque on this 3.5. It runs as good as a 5.0 but gets about 20mpg. It is a blast to drive, extremely comfortable, and I still get complements on it at least 2 or 3 times a month. It has really held it's resale value."

See if you qualify for