• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $55,058 - $57,066.

10/7.3

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

LOVE this vehicle! Awesome power AND comfort!

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "fun stylish comfortable stable all-weather driving"

Cons: "23mpg in 2011 no bluetooth media only phone"

"Have owned this car for a year now and I still love driving it and find myself staring at it as I walk up to it in the parking lot... It is large yet sporty. It has all the incredible creature comforts that I now will never be able to live without... (heads up display, heated and cooled seats through perforated leather). No it is not a fuel efficient car (23mpg has been my experience) but that is not what you buy this vehicle for. This car is all about style, comfort, power, and confidence in all weather conditions. My vehicle is a 2011 and I actually looked into getting a 2015 but they are not offering the blue exterior!! I have the Monaco Blue exterior with aluminum running boards, inside is the sand beige perforated leather interior. I get a lot of positive comments on the look of the car and the idea of a newer model is very tempting but I cannot give up the blue color..."

WOW so fun to drive even after a few years.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "So unique, few on the road"

Cons: "So unique, attracts unwanted attention."

"Even after traveling on business for week i always look forward to arriving at the car lot for my 1 hour plus commute home. it is so much fun to drive and typical BMW fashion, feel the road."

The BMW X6 is very dependable and I love the car.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Price is fair and a very rich feeling car."

Cons: "My Arthritis unfortunately is getting worse"

"I love the SUV, but my needs have changed due to my health. In the event it's a great sexy looking car."

Simply Amazing!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Comfort, Style, Performance"

"I will start by saying this is the forth BMW that I have owned and if you are an owner of a BMW you likely enjoy performance as I do. This SAV still brings a smile to my face and actually makes me want to get up in the morning to drive in to work. Many have already stated some of these facts so excuse me if I become redundant. The sound that comes out of the exhaust when you give it just a little gas has my male neighbors salivating. I unknowingly caused quite the talk when I pulled up in the driveway. It is a deep but not overbearing rumbling tone. On the highway (or on the way to it) It sounds like a well tuned beast. I have plenty of room inside for myself and three passengers to sit comfortably as well as a cargo area that is larger than most any sedan. I opted for the Premium sound as I love music and I am so glad I did. You have not lived until you are listenning to crisp clear surround sound while this machine is accellerating past sports cars. I also opted for the Sport package as I do on any BMW. This provided me with the 20" Dunlops in which I have had no problem with what so ever. I upgraded to the X6M wheels and just switched out the original 20" wheels. The treadwear is much better than I thought as well. I never turn off DSC so I am not spinning tires like a teenager. After 7300 mile and right at 6 mths. These tires still look brand new. The 4.4ltr Twin Turbo AWD V8 is fenominal. There is literally no turbo lag as this SAV is propelled well into 3 digit numbers. I was a bit concerned that I would be bored with the 8speed automatic as I have always owned manuals... Oh was I wrong. To my surprise when you put this car into manual mode and begin shifting it emulates a standard all the way down to the slight dip as if you are going in on the clutch but only faster. The comfort level is a one seat fits all.. Trust me when I tell you that everying on that seat is adjustable. You WILL find your sweet spot. I have been eyeing this car since 2008 when I bought my 335i so I had a lot of time to do a lot of research and also let BMW work out all of the kinks. I am soo happy that I was able to put this SAV in my garage and I am sure my wife is happy that I have stopped talking about it a bit."

great ride

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"Very nice to own, Great on long trips and fast. Fun to drive."

Power, performance and style

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "A muscle SUV that puts fun back into the commute"

Cons: "Speed limit signs, traffic cops"

"At 85 mph the X6 feels like it's going 25. Punch it and the twin turbos throw you back into the seat like your launching from the X15. So much power, so little road. Instant acceleration and the rocket ship is traveling well over a 100 before you can say NASA. This flagship turns heads as it rolls past the sleepy commuters sipping java in the predawn darkness. Superior interior design makes it difficult to exit the vehicle and swagger into the office. It is a muscle car. The exhaust rumbles. Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned. BMW's high end components make this so much better than the typical "mid life crisis" upgrade. Mid life crisis? He'll yes. Do I blow off work, grab the wife and take a drive over Independence Pass passing the Porsche club members on hair pin curves at 85 mph or do I head down I25 to Santa Fe for some art work and a cup of coffee? Now that's what I call a crisis."

Love This Cross Over!!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Stealth feeling..... but classy in it's own way!"

Cons: "Need over head sunglass holder"

"I love this machine! This cross over is fast, tight in the turns and when you step on it there's no dead spot!I have the middle level so it nicely loaded with enough features, including the full back seat. Only thing i like to see BMW do is put in a over head sun glass holder. It surprising how my daughter's 17 thousand dollar Ford Focus has one! I been after BMW for years on this issue being this isn't my first BMW. I came from the X5 to the X6 and there identical inside for exception of the roof tapers down in the back a little so less head room for tall passengers. I get all kinda of great complements on my X6! Plus there's not a 100 thousands of then at ever intersection."

If money is not an issue, go for it.Nice ride, but

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Pricey for upkeep"

"If you want exclusivity, this is it. I have 2012 xDrive35i. It's nice. Bought it without even test driving it. Built it online and had it delivered to me. Rides great. The tires, yes you will pay for new tires every 6 months. If you go to BMW it's around $1500 for rear (315/20s) and $11-1300 for front (275/20s). I went to BMW Performance Center in SC and they said you can get non run flats for better price like Michelins. That's what I'll do my next set of tires. I have been told I have a heavy foot, but even my mother (who tells me to slow down) does 80 in this car automatically. Be careful with the speed. Overall, nice luxury, if you have the money otherwise just an expensive car for the drive. Easily gets dings due to construction material. Windshield gets knicks easily too. Very safe car. It earned its stripes one day I had to make a quick maneuver to avoid a bad driver going around a curve. It handled well and did not rollover. I receive many compliments from the average driver and car enthusiasts. Mine is Vermillion Red. I will get extended warranties."

Classy Car - Tires Expensive

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "You don't see many on the road"

Cons: "Tires don't last long and are expensive"

"I have a 2012 3.5 XDrive. You can't beat the styling and performance in an SUV. I bought this because my kids out grew the back seat of my 2003 Porsche Carerra. You won't find a better 4 door vehicle for sportyness and handling. The BMW 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty is great but....the only thing not covered is TIRES & GLASS. I am already on my 3rd Windshield and ready to go on my 3rd set of tires. I was on my 2nd windshield and 2nd set of tires before I needed my first oil change. The angle of the windshield is prone to rock chips and cracking."

re