• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,158 - $44,729.

10/7.6

7.9

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

One of the best all around vehicles on the road!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, luxurious interior, sporty, powerful engine"

Cons: "I can't think of anything."

"I bought the first generation X5 for my wife and other than the alternator, no other repairs were necessary from 2003-2009 when I traded it with 93K miles on it. The only complaint we had back then was that there was no diesel offered for the American market. The decision to get another X5 was pretty easy, especially with a diesel now available. We purchased the 2012 X5 Xdrive 35d with just about every option and simply can't imagine a better vehicle. My wife and kids love it as much as I do if not more and they're not car folks like me. Fuel economy is usually the major issue with SUVs, but with the diesel there's really nothing negative to speak of. We got the Sport Activity package which adds the little running boards (which aren't really functional in the traditional sense) and the massive 20" tires with 315s in the rear and the combination makes the X5 look awesome, and handle better than many performance cars. The X5 is not too big or too small, it's just right. I have 2010 F150 supercrew and I love it, but I usually use the X5 to haul things simply because its easy to maneuver in any traffic situation and with the rear seats folded it has about the same capacity as the bed of my pickup. I'm not the off road type so that particular aspect of this vehicle or any vehicle for that matter makes no difference to me, but again it's difficult to imagine a better all around vehicle than the X5."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "engine, comfort, style"

Cons: "navigation system is cumbersome at times"

"We opted for the diesel engine and couldn't be happier. The torque and power are superb, the ride comfort is great, and we're very happy with the features that were included in the premium package."

2013 BMW X5 - Nice Luxury SUV

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Exterior design, performance, and technology"

Cons: "Cost, summer tires"

"I can't speak to the reliability of the car as I've only driven it 500 miles. I've had no off the assembly line issues with the car. I drive the 2013 X5 with the sports package, sport performance package, convenience package, technology package, etc.. This is my first BMW. I owned an Acura MDX, which I loved, and wanted to try something different and a little more upscale. I agree with at least one poster that the lag in acceleration is there. It's called turbo lag and there is no fix for it to be found at the dealer. It's an engine design issue. But if you do your research you would have known about this minor issue before you bought the car. They talk about the technology they are implementing to address it in the marketing material. Regardless, it is typical for cars with turbo engines, although some manufacturers do better to limit it than others. Notiwthstanding that minor issue, the car looks great, rides beautifully, is much sportier than the Acura, and the interior is impeccable. The features are more than you can ask for. The Acura was a nice car, the BMW is a step up. Yes, waiting for the twin turbos to kick in can be annoying if you're in a drag race, but it has no practical effect on normal driving. Acceleration is NO problem. At this point I'd recommend this SAV, as BMW puts it. Reliability is something that I'll be watching for, but so far so good."

Acceleration Problem with 2013 BMX X%

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Don't waste your $"

Cons: "Not worth the $"

"I owned a 2002 BMX X5 that was the best car I ever drove. After 4-5 years I was rear ended and had a creaking noise coming from the back - otherwise this was the greatest car I ever drove and I never wanted to sell it. When things started breaking I decided to go for a new X5, same color in and out. Just wanted a new version of my old vehicle. What a disappointment! I only wish I'd taken the car for a weekend before committing to the sale. The new X5 delivers the strangest take-off when accelerating- hard to explain because it's so inconsistent, but generally there's a delay in the gas pedal engaging the engine. You step on it, but it take a few seconds to "go". Often it's a bumpy start, but always a delayed start. VERY frustrating. I've taken it back to the dealer one time, and they basically told me that nothing is wrong with the car. I'll continue to return it during this first year of ownership in hopes that some software update (or mechanical fix) will remedy the situation. Every time I drive it I wish I'd never bought it. Other things too that bother me about this car, but the acceleration problem is by far the worst."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great fuel economy"

Cons: "Big vehicle, takes time to learn to drive"

"Performance outstanding. Made in SC. Never in shop. Quality control is exceptional for BMW."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25