• 2014 Compact SUVs

2011 BMW X5

7.9

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Vehicle. Had a few issues

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage for a heavy SUV. Very good power."

Cons: "GPS sub-par"

"Had a few recall issues related to the diesel engine components which were fixed by the dealer. No other issues. Vehicle has a pleasant ride and has a sport ride setting which I prefer. The GPS system is sub-par and the updates are also sub-par. I understand the GPS has improved in the 2013 & 2014 models. I have experienced the following mileage: 20-22 city, 28-32 Highway."

Best engineered automobile I've owned

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Excellent engineering,except for the "I" Drive"

Cons: "With the engineering,Why the I Drive"

"I had 13 New Cadilliacs, yet after I drove a BMW, you are in a different world. Being an engineer and having owned a manufacturing co.for forty yrs. I am completely aware of what goes into research and development of a product. I always purchased American,since I was an American Manufacturer. That was. Mistake! The ideas and engineering that goes into the development of BMW is top of the line! Their biggest problem,that I see, is that the Dealers try to skimp on service. Without service what have you got? ( an American car!)"

Ultimate SUV, maybe RR 2014 will beat

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Best driving SUV , reliability medium vs Asian"

Cons: "Complex and good dealer and mtce support key"

"Have top of the range for 2008 4.8i + sports package - Still best styling in 2014 - Safe and solid for my wife, traction and brakes amazing. - Maybe Range Rover Sport 2014 can finally beat it but >$$ vs a 2014 BMW - Dealership quality very important as a complex beast and medium reliability in most surveys and its true. - Always buy extended warranty with a European expensive car just in case, parts and labor and alternatives are $$$ - No Japanese/US SUV I see comes close on driving experience but some report better relaibility - In the end I am looking for a Reliable gas effcient upgrade, but dont see any that will give me the pleasure of BMW overall. - If an SUV is an A to B 30mpg uber reliable investment, then get something Asian. If styling, performance, handling, safety, envy are in your vocab, then look at a BMWX5"

I love my X5! Safe, solid and fun!!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "Expensive to fix!!"

"Our X5 has been wonderful!! A few minor issues have popped up, but nothing too serious. My one small bit of advice to future owners is this: If your planning on buying an X5 out of warranty, spend the few bucks to have BMW do a pre-buy inspection. I almost purchased an X5 from a dealership that looked, sounded and seemed fault free. Upon inspection, we were looking at $23,000.00 in repairs to the engine! Someone had abused it. Anyhow, We found a new option, had it inspected and life is good. Also, Do not make the mistake of purchasing this SUV if you can't afford to maintain and fix it. They aren't cheap to fix!!! If you live in a metro area, do some research and check out a few reviews on foreign auto service/repair. If you can find a reasonable option for repairs, I'd say go for it!"

buyers beware!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Reason: too many repairs

Pros: "enjoyable to drive"

Cons: "poor quality, terrible customer service"

"I owned the 2008 X5 model for 5 years, and enjoyed the 80K miles I drove, but there was also a lot of frustration. The last straw for me was when BMW customer service refused to do anything about the "banana-skin" effect which is apparently a common fault with the X5. The trim on the glove compartment door had peeled off in the corners and so the door wouldn't open any more. The national BMW customer service told me that it is a wear and tear problem and the manufacturer would not provide any solutions. I pointed out that it was clearly because of using glues unsuitable for the Southern California hot summers, but wasn't able to get anywhere. After years of dealing with high-pressure BMW service departments that were constantly trying to sell me extras, including all kinds of lubrication services not covered by the BMW maintenance, I could not take it any more and sold the car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals