2008 BMW X5

7.9

Based on 183 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

I love my X5! Safe, solid and fun!!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "Expensive to fix!!"

"Our X5 has been wonderful!! A few minor issues have popped up, but nothing too serious. My one small bit of advice to future owners is this: If your planning on buying an X5 out of warranty, spend the few bucks to have BMW do a pre-buy inspection. I almost purchased an X5 from a dealership that looked, sounded and seemed fault free. Upon inspection, we were looking at $23,000.00 in repairs to the engine! Someone had abused it. Anyhow, We found a new option, had it inspected and life is good. Also, Do not make the mistake of purchasing this SUV if you can't afford to maintain and fix it. They aren't cheap to fix!!! If you live in a metro area, do some research and check out a few reviews on foreign auto service/repair. If you can find a reasonable option for repairs, I'd say go for it!"

The best SUV you can get that acts like a car.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, features."

Cons: "Never enough time to drive it."

"Hand down this is the best SUV you can get in this class. It handles like you are driving a car. The amount of interior space is excellent. We didn't opt for the 3rd row as we diden't need it and by seeing it I feel it is a waste. We went with the Premium edition and loaded it up with a nice amoutn of options. Must have options are the Multi-Contour seats and the Premium Sound."

Great vehicle but not a great value.

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "diesel and handling."

Cons: "regular seats, ride, pricing"

"I wanted a diesel for economy, towing, and I love the torque. This is a very quiet and comfortable truck with a slightly rough ride vs. the ML. It is overpriced for the quality of materials vs. its competition. You can get a better riding ML for much less, but the ML will never handle or pull as well. Much better dynamics than the Audi Q7. Essential options are the upgraded seats, sport package, tech package and cold weather package. Diesel gets 21mpg city, up to 28 mpg on highway. Very quiet at speed."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"I previously leased a 2006 X5, and liked it so much that I decided to purchase a 2009 X5 when the lease ran out. Although I am not thrilled about some of the new interior design features, the ride, handling, performance, and warranty on this vehicle is unrivaled. In comparison to other SUV's, this one may feel like you are driving a tank, but the responsiveness when accelerating and braking are amazing. There is no effort to get this vehicle up hills at highway speeds, or emergency braking. The warranty (no maintenance costs up to 50,000 miles) gives the BMW a considerable edge over M-B or Porsche. Although it is pricey, I have already recommended this vehicle to family and friends. Even if you can get a good deal on a used X5, it is worth it."

Beautiful car but unreliable

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"I have owned several BMW's (8 or 9) and have loved every one of them for their excellent handeling. This particular 2007 X5 has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned! It has to be jump started almost twice a week. The dealership has not been able to figure out why this is occuring. So they blame it on not driving enough. I drive over 10,000 miles a year which should be more than enough for any car. The car is once again in the dealership with the same problem. I didn't pay this much money for my car to sit in the service department for half the time I have owned it!!!! BMW needs to stand behind their product and fix the car or replace it with a new one otherwise this will be my last BMW!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals