2002 BMW X5

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

AWESOME Ride

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Value, Mainenance for the first 50K miles"

Cons: "After warantee is up, R"

"I have gotten over 100k miles in this vehicle in roughly 5 years...I will NEVER own anything but a BMW as long as my economic situation can support it. My next BMW will be another X5 or X6. I cannot recommend a better SAV (sports activity vehicle)!"

11 years old -people stlll think my BMW X5 is New!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Luxurious"

Cons: "repair bills"

"Gas mileage is pretty good...I use Plus gas with no problems. I love all the bells and whistles like automatic rain sensors for the wipers. So versatile, back seats go down. I've taken 10 foot trees home completely inside it. Sooo comfortable on long trips. Only drawback is repairs... first need to have a good, honest dealership near you. Repairs are costly. This car has special sensors and such, so the repairman has to know the BMW."

not a good vehicle

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "enjoyed the ride when it was operable"

Cons: "MAINTENANCE BE CAREFUL"

"I will never buy another BMW maintenance is to high.Bought car in 2005 had 65000 miles. Two months later had to spend $1300 on fan belt radiator and car battery. Year later another $1100. Then $900 to pass smog,$400 on hoses. $90 to have window re-set do to it dropping.2011 spent $1360 oil leak and to pass smog. Same month oil still leaking now i was being told it is coming from somewhere else and the engine would have to come out.A big job i was quoted at a couple of place $2 to $3 thousand to fix. One other place quoted $6600 they have lost their mind. The car was only worth $6000.Let me not forget motor gone in two windows repair would have costed over $1000. Back door handles sticking you would have to darn near snatch you arm out of place to pull them open. Front drivers door inside latch broke had to roll window down to open door from outside handle. To Repair would have been on all doors bout $2000. Wow. Rear left light some sort of shortage to repair would have cost $260 for the outside cover panel another $200 to $300 hundred to repair socket due to poor conection at BMW dealer. All these reapairs at the labor cost of $180 an hour. Other cetified BMW repair shops labor $110 to 120. The cheapest cost were the light bulbs from $8 to $12 and the BMW emblem cap the fits over the rim on the tire at a only shocking price of $6. Everywhere i go BMW horror stories including from a financil clerk at the credit union that financed the car loan. The shuttle driver at my job people ridding the shuttle all voicing their BMW horrer stories. Even on guy at BMW told me he would not purchase one and that a lot of people are trying to get out of theirs.Upside down of it all these cars look good but in the long will burn a hole in your pocket. So you need to start a special bank account for BMW repairs only and do trust you will use it all. This is not a person working to survive car i think even the well off would get tired of spending money on repairs. Again never want another one new or used. Buyer Be ware"

High Quality

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"Very solid after 56K miles; no shakes, rattles or squeaks. Fit and finish are excellent. Feels a little underpowered with 6 cyl engine."

Love this SUV

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, excellent in the snow fun"

Cons: "Expensive to fix get the extended warranty"

"I have owned many many Vehicles including suv's. My BMW X5 is the best vehicle ever. I bought it new and will keep it till it dies!! It corners like a dream has tight steering and good pickup. Best ever in the snow."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals