2002 BMW X5

Based on 395 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Fun to drive but a hungry dinosaur at the pump

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Horrible MPG"

"Bought mine back 2007 and still owns it to this very day. Like what most owners already said, it is a fun car to drive. Great as a family vehicle, and ample space for 5. Main downside, is its MPG. I used commute in the city everyday and it gulps a lot of premium gas. In addition, engine won't warm up enough when driving just a few miles and can or will eventually cause engine gunk leading to failure or problems. Really BMW? I'm causing more problems by driving my car less? Maintenance wise, it can get vey pricey if you rely on the stealership. Utilize the power of the internet to find good deals on oem parts(thanks amazon) as well as an Indy mechanic you can trust. In the end, owning an E53 X5 does not have to be costly. Just do your homework and understand what you are getting yourself into even before considering of owning one. Best of luck!"

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Drives like a sports car even in the wet."

Cons: "Pricey to fix when out of warranty."

"I bought this car when it was three years old as a certified pre-owned from a dealer. It had 47,000 miles on it. Once it was past the 100k warranty period, I've had very few repairs. The transfer case needed to be replaced at 204k. That was the most major repair. After putting 250k miles on the car in the last 7 years, I will definitely buy another X5 but not until this one is dead. It's been a dream to drive. I've owned about 25 cars in the last 43 years. This is definitely the best."

Green Machine for everything!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, awd, luxury, power rear seats!"

Cons: "expencive to buy"

"First time I bought a BMW. I own for the past 25 years around 35 cars! This BMW handles everything very well. The straight six (225hp) is wonderful if you considered this SUV weights in almost 2.5 tons! Recent trip to Savannah saw 24.76 mpg at 75-80 and fully loaded (4passengers and stuff). Very comfortable and smooth ride with the std tires. No mechanical issues so far. I only had to change the terrible factory radio with an aftermarket witch rocks! If you keep up with the recommended BMW maintenance you want have any issues."

I love my BMW X5!

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Wonderful ride, spacious, love the panorama roof."

"I bought mine used and it has been a great car. Never a problem, good gas mileage - 19mpg. I have over 129,000 and keep the oil changed and love it. I like it better than other SUV's that I have owned in the past."

Best buy

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "great driver"

"I have owned several newer model X5's. Sold them all- kept the 2002 year model. Almost 200K miles later, car looks and drives great. Usual maintenance done over the years but worth every penny."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals