2001 BMW X5

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Good overall vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reason: bought another BMW

Cons: "Cup holder is bad"

"Was a good vehicle. We had it for 3 years and bought another BMW. Never had any problems with it. I would get the bigger engine next time. Will always own a BMW."

Couldn't ask for more

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Keeps value very well over the years, quiet, drives like a car."

Cons: "...can't think of any."

"I couldn't ask more out of an SUV. The gas mileage is excellent on the 3.0 (18mpg combined), and it has been nothing but reliable over the past 3 years of my ownership. Don't let complaints of maintenance costs from others fool you. If you have general mechanic experience then you too can maintain this yourself quite cheaply - order parts online: autohausaz, pelican, etc."

Don't keep it our of Warranty

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"Only keep the car whilst its in warranty. Bought ours as a 'certified' BMW. Within, 1 month of the BMW warranty expiring the transmission had to be replaced as well as drive shafts and some other stuff totalling $9,000. The BMW repairer said that they had never seen this being required before. BMW America offered $500 towards the repairs after a LOT of pushing. Then when we said no we probably wouldn't buy another BMW they rang back and withdrew the $500 offer. After being BMW owners of various types for greater then 10years our confidence in the company is totally shattered. they just don't care"

favorite car ever!

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"My husband and I have owned 5 BMW's and my 2001 X5 3.0 is my favorite. I have owned it almost 6 years and it just hit 100 k miles! I call it my "tank" and "snow beast'.I love everything about it except my passenger seat is not power which i think should be standard on a luxury suv in this price range. We have had to replace 2 window regulators and the power door locks were malfunctioning, both inexpensive fixes considering that's all we have had to fix on a car with that much milage! My husband and I have never had any major mechanical problems on ANY of our BMW's and his has 172 K! We have both been in wrecks that should have taken our lives and we walked away! We will always be loyal to BMW!"

AWESOME Ride

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Value, Mainenance for the first 50K miles"

Cons: "After warantee is up, R"

"I have gotten over 100k miles in this vehicle in roughly 5 years...I will NEVER own anything but a BMW as long as my economic situation can support it. My next BMW will be another X5 or X6. I cannot recommend a better SAV (sports activity vehicle)!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals