2001 BMW X5

Based on 396 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

This truck has it all

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Excellent!"

Cons: "None!"

"No need to explain anything. It’s self explanatory what BMWs are all about. German manufactured cars are always reliable, robust and made of great quality parts. I just love this truck. The gas mileage gets me about 470miles with full tank (21Gals). It’s just awesome... Strong engine, and awesome quality features on the truck. Value of the car keeps steady, and that’s good."

Very comfortable and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "a little pricey to maintain but well worth it!"

"Originally purchased new in Germany. I was fortunate to experience it on the Autobahn and feel all of the power. I have taken this vehicle from 135 MPH to a standstill in a distance that would make most people lose their lunch! This vehicle is a little pricy to maintain as far as normal wear and tear goes, but overall it is very dependable and fun to drive. It instills a sense of comfort and security and provides driving excitement that other manufacturers can only hope to attain. I have driven alot of luxury SUV's and none come close to the feel, excitement, and control of my X5!"

BMW X5 4.4i with Sport Package

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"My hubby bought me my 2001 X5 and I have never been so impressed with a vehicle. I have had MANY vehicles and SUVs but this one is the greatest. It is incredible just like my Denali but small enough to whip around town in a flash and still have room for the kids and pets. We haven't had any problems with ours and it has just hit the 106k mile marker. I would buy this kind of reliable luxury again and again!"

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I purchased the car with 42K miles and four years old. I've had it about a year and half and don't know if I want to continue as a BMW owner. I LOVE the power and the way that the car drives, it handles exceptionally well especially in bad weather and always feels safe. I am a realtor and it is very comfortable when driving around town and spacious when carrying passengers. However, the back hatch keeps rattling, despite several attempts at repair and the check brake light alert now comes on almost every other day. The design is terrible in this aspect. I often feel as if I am driving a jalopy instead of a "luxury vehicle". The gas mileage is terrible but I suppose that I should have expected this with the 4.4. While it is convenient that the car tells you when every little thing may be wrong it also makes me feel as if I have had WAY more problems than I would with any other car. It may be too smart for its own good. If I didn't have these minor but overly frequent problems I would love the car. Instead, I am getting more frustrated with it by the day."

way underpowered for gas consumption

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"i put about 30,000 miles on my 2004 3.0i in last three months. cornering for a car this size ain't bad. but it is dangerously lacking pick up abilities. ANY MINIVAN CAN ACCELERATE FASTER. also, it does not want to start when it's humid outside. they replaced a fuel pump and a gas tank pump/sensor or something, saying that that was the problem, but it still starts with a problem every other time. if you are thinking about getting a three liter, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, GET A 4.SOMETHING."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals