• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 BMW X5 M Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $81,724 - $84,620.

10/7.6

7.9

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Sports Car with Storage

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun-factor, value, quality, storage"

Cons: "iPhone integration could be better"

"On the test drive, I wasn't initially impressed. A nice, well connected ride, but just lacked the fun-factor I was expecting from a beemer with an "M" badge. When the salesperson told me to put it in Sport Mode, hit the "M" button on the steering wheel and then punch it, I was shocked. An instant transformation from nice to WHOA NELLY! Nearly three years and 45k miles later and I smile every time I drive it. The growl when it shifts still raises the hair on my neck! We've coined the Sport/M button combo Super Man mode and it is just that. Add to this handling that rivals most sports cars, agressive styling, value (30k less than anything similarly equipped with not near the horse power) and free maintenance for 4/50k and it was a no-brainer for me. I can take family and friends camping, snowboarding and cycling, and have fun getting there. When I want a more mellow ride, which isn't often, I just turn off Super Man mode. I save a little gas and enjoy a smoother ride, but still don't feel like I'm driving around in an clunky SUV. What more can you ask for? I'm hard-pressed to find many negatives. It gets horrible gas mileage (I average 15mpg) but so do all the others in this class. It has squeaky brakes at times. It has been in the shop a few times for warranty work and maintenance, but nothing major and I always get a nice loaner. My only real complaint is I wish it had better iPhone integration which is evidently solved for in the 2013 model. I should mention I'm a previous Cayenne owner. At the time, I loved it but had no idea what I was missing."

I realy like this car..

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "holds the road, responsive, fun to drive, design"

Cons: "price"

"I always look for shortcomings in the car, but I have to admit, excitement I have driving X5 overshadows any practical or negative views (and there are not many). I enjoy every drive - short or long! X5 is not cheap, but it delivers fun drive on every dollar I paid for it."

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "good gas economy. comfortable and safe....it drive"

Cons: "no parking sensors (I got used to them on my 05"

"This is my 3rd X5....and feel comfortable with getting another. It has a little more room than my 05...but the quality is there...It weighs 300 more lbs than my 05 and is little larger. All in all Kudos to BMW and am glad it's produced in the USA."

Possibly the best SAV ever built

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"I have owned over 10 BMWs in the past 30 years. The 2008 X5 that I have put over 35K miles in less than 18 months is the best BMW I have owned including my 840CI & 650."

Guess I'm Lucky

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"I took delivery of my 2007 3.0 X5 in February 2007, and have about 12000 miles on it. I have had only 1 problem and had it into the dealership 1 time. The tailgate wouldn't latch. I am averaging about 21 mpg on the highway (70 - 80 mph) and about 16 in the city. I love this vehicle and am so glad I got it. I traded my 2000 ML 430 for this. I was at the Benz/BMW dealership to order a new ML and drove the BMW and was hooked. Also, the included maintenance is a major plus!!"

See if you qualify for