2013 BMW X5 M Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $81,749 - $84,752.

10/7.6

7.9

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

SUV, sorry SAV, fails to impress on a daily basis.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "I can say I own a BMW"

Cons: "I hate to say that I own a BMW"

"Bought this vehicle brand new. Buyer's remorse set in 1 week after. The jarring ride, crackle and squeak sounds from plastics are few characteristics of this SAV from day one after bringing it home. An expensive vehicle should be more better than this. Heck, I've rented economy cars that had better ride and craftmanship. I can't believe that I am comparing a BMW to simple cars now. Considering selling it for its value of 20K as of September 2014, and buying something practical for 20K like a Honda Fit that will bring more happiness for years to come. What a shame."

Great vehicle and fun to drive!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "fun, fast, driveability"

Cons: "cost of tires"

"I bought my 2011 with 25k miles and certified. I now have 66k miles on it without any problems. The only complaint I have is that I have the wide sport/staggered tires on the vehicle and they will not get more than 10k miles. I have used Michelin and Bridgestone tires and both have been completely worn out at 10k miles. So if you want this car with those rims make sure you set aside about 1k per year for tires."

Best and most fun vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Killer fun to drive; power and handling."

Cons: "Not the best mpg - averaged 9-19"

"I leased this car for three years, and it was so great, I purchased it from BMW. Great handling, power, such a sweet package. I've owed about 10 bmw (Three X-5s: 4.4,4.8 and the M), several MBs, and other high-end vehicles, and By far it has been my favorite car of my life."

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Practical. Fantastic mileage."

"Handles like a sports car. Go anywhere. Tows effortlessly. Fantastic mileage with Diesel (28-29MPG @70 Highway). All the comforts and conveniences of a great luxury vehicle."

Perfect condition, BMW X-5, 3.5 Arizona car

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Ride on the 101!"

"Perfect car growing family in the Valley of the Sun! Detailed frequently and exterior and interior in mint condition. Brand-new Bridgestone tires."

Good Solid Performance

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "excellent torque with the diesel"

"Although I have only driven a low amount of mileage, I can say that it is a solid feeling when driving this SUV. The weight of the vehicle, at around 6200lbs, gives it that quality feeling of power. It accelerates well and you feel the torque pulling you towards the seat. During this past snowstorms, I drove with no problems over snow. In general, a good investment for the value."

2012 X5 M - SUV thinks its a sports car

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Nimble handling, ridiculous power, practicality"

Cons: "Price, mpg, tires, tech gremlins"

"This vehicle shouldn't exist. 555 hp/ 500 ft lb torque in an SUV that weighs over 5000 lbs? Shouldn't work but it does. The handling is most impressive considering it's mass and the way it hides it. Feels like a 3-series and all this in a ride that has a relatively practical storage/seating space. My complaints on the X5 M are few but worth contemplating before you drop a grip on this vehicle. First, no all-weather/snow tires are available by BMW for this SUV despite being told otherwise by the salesman, the service advisor, & a parts tech. Their explanation: this SUV wasn't designed to deal with weather which seems like b.s. to me for not having an option for a slightly more practical tire. Second, power comes at a price both at purchase and at the pump. This is to be expected when buying a car/SUV that is so completely ridiculous. It still hurts... buying a company executive demo with only 4200 miles, totally loaded, saved us @ $20 grand. We put the savings towards the gas pump. This thing is thirsty! Third, there are a few tech gremlins. With so much technology in cars these days, it's kinda overwhelming. You can't defeat the parking assistance (which gets really annoying 'cuz it reboots every time you turn off the car). The stereo presets and info. settings are configurable which is really cool but they randomly reset themselves from time to time. Lastly, the software for the triptronic clutch needs to be upgraded (which I believe the '14 models have a new transmission). There's a slight lag upon the initial depression of the accelerator in auto-mode. Most likely a fuel saving measure for the 6-speed but kinda sloppy for a vehicle in this category and becomes increasingly more noticeable and therefore, more annoying. Sport modes are great as is driving in "manual" mode using the paddles. All in all, this ride is amazing! Just be sure to talk to someone who's knowledgeable about the M-series at the dealership. It's rather incredible how difficult it may be to find that person for a vehicle that is so specialized."

Love the X5

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "A hoot to drive, heavy and no floating"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires wear quickly in the front"

"This is my second X5. I had a 2000 4.4 w/sports package and the works for that year. I kept it for 8 years before I let it go. It handles like a champ, but what I like most about the car is the way it feels on the road. It does not feel like you are floating or get blown over when a heavier vehicle passes you. It is solid and we feel safe driving it."

Love the x5! Beautiful driving machine!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Safe. Classic. Worth the money"

"This is my 3rd x5. I love this vehicle. Acceleration is amazing. The drive is beautiful and actually I look forward to long road trips ! I feel extremely safe in this SUV. The navigation can be a chAllenge initially yet is a must! I would recommend this vehicle without reservation ! I have driven all over florida for sports with many kids in tow and everyone felt safe and sound."

Worst car I have ever owned. Over $4K in repairs

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Nice tight sporty drive"

Cons: "2 many 2 costly repairs"

"in only 5 months."