2012 BMW X5 M

7.9

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Love it excpet for the runflats

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "Performance, handling, cold weather package"

Cons: "Run-flat tires on 19" wheels"

"Have owned several BMW's including 2 wagons and several Toyota 4Runners. This is the best combination of performance, handling, luxury and durability. If there's one thing I'd change its the run flat tires on 19" wheels, which are standard on the Premium model. Rough roads and potholes require a little more shock absorption."

Handles great, poor quality unreliable

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Handling"

Cons: "Frequent repairs at low mileage"

"At 23,000 miles I have had over $10,000 in repairs, mostly paid after warranty by BMW. The car's reliability is very low. All kinds of electrical and engine issues when most cars haven't even been broken in. Love how it drives for an SUV but would NOT buy this brand of SUV again. I think it is very poorly made mechanically. Goes thru tires like I go thru underwear with NORMAL driving. On 4th set since new in 5 years. And, because they are run flat they cost a fortune. More reliable SUVs out there for sure"

Be prepared for costly repairs

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Reason: lemon

Pros: "Awesome handling, great headlights, fun to drive"

Cons: "Sluggish, horrible reliability, quality, MPG"

"Where do I start? Well, the problems initially started on day one when we purchased this vehicle used. Bought the 2010 X5 3.0i Xdrive as a CPO with 45,000 miles on it. Had the premium package, cold weather package, and the most expensive and useless running boards ever. DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON THE RUNNING BOARDS. THEY DO NOTHING BUT GET YOUR PANTS DIRTY. The first problem with the vehicle was the exhaust. Every time the SUV would come to a stop at idle, it raddled like crazy! We took it to the dealer and they said rocks were making their way into the heat shield. Second problem was when it started to become cold out (We bought the car in August) around late October. It wouldn't start and we kept getting a message that said "High Battery Discharge!" on the navigation screen. Come December, the car wouldn't start if it was 25 decrease or below outside. One of the worst problems we had with this vehicle was the time I went outside to start the car, and shut the drivers side door and IT MANAGED TO SOMEHOW BLOW OUT 3 OF THE WINDOWS! And the car would not drive correctly UNLESS it had run flats on it. We went through 3 sets of tires in the very short 2 years we owned the SUV. Something was very wrong with this car. Lots of problems, poor quality, no height adjustable seat belts, and some of the worlds worst cup holders. Aside from the handling, this car was not so great. The only thing I miss about this car is the legendary handling."

great condition 1 driver

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

"like new driven only for personal stuff brand new tires run flat"

ITS A GOOD CAR

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

"COME AND SEE IT"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 M near Honolulu. See local deals