2011 BMW X5 M

8.0

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great except for running boards

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"This car has been a favorite of mine, except for the side running boards, which I was skeptical of before buying, and for good reason. These make it hard to get into the car and I get my pants dirty every time we have snow, ice, rain. I am thinking of having them taken off but then I have to replace the panels that they are bolted onto. Plus, they are part of the sport package, so the car won't look as cute. What we won't do for beauty! Can't get my blackberry to work with the bluetooth feature as BMW has not updated their system yet to enable this. Argh!"

Stylish ride, not ideal for 4+ families

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I originally leased a '06 BMW X5 which I loved. So I purchased an 07 X5 when new body came out without hesitation. For some reason, this one gave me many problems after 1200 miles including navigation error, check engine light, coolant leakage, etc. Everything was covered under warranty so luckily I didn't have to pay a penny but it was in the shop for too many times for too long. It's surprising because my previous X5 had no problems. Overall, I'm happy with the car's look, drive and functionality but it isn't ideal for families of 4 or more. Very little room and I always felt cramped in this car. It may be a good choice for people without big families because it does drive nice like typical BMWs."

Leased 2 BMW X-5's

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"My 2008 4.8is is considerably nicer than my previous 2003 4.6i X-5. CONS: Break pads/sensors wear out (now on 3rd set). Poor gas mileage (12.5/13.0). Expensive 20" run-flats ($2,500 to replace at 15K miles), run-flats are unstable & rigid after normal wear, BMW Assist is poorly responsive, 3rd-row seats are impractical, tailgate lift issues (now corrected). PROS: Arguably most venerably attractive SUV, great resale value, what all luxury SUV's are compared to, amazing handling & performance, quiet interior, high quality fit & finish, improved I-Drive control, amazing sound system. BMW's lease maintenance program is excellent. Fields BMW Winter Park is excellent dealer (sales & service)."

great car for people who are swtiching from sedan

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Drives like a sports car, very good handling and responce. Lots of power (4.8 model) I was only in the shop once due to faulty wireing harness and was given exact car as a loaner for 1 week while the issue was fixed. I would recommend it. I would also recommnend investing ~4000$ in 100K extanded warranty to make sure you can enjoy this car after 50K warranty expires."

2009 x5 3.oi

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle since Nov, 2008 and it's a great suv handles like a car which people have mentioned earlier but the fuel economy on the 3.0i is brutal in city driving with an epa of only 13.5 for me but it's odd because I don't race the vehicle that much at all I don't brake hard, I just drive normally. The seats are not too comfortable but hey this is a sporty suv meaning the seats will be uncomfortable. If you want comfort get the active ventilated seat package which is pricy but it's worth it and I would suggest everyone to go for the x5 3.5d Diesel version because the fuel economy is great and it has the power of a v8. Back to reviewing my vehicle, as for the performance wise the v6 in normal mode has slow acceleration so for the extra action and better power you need to keep it in sportmode which I recommend when you go on the highway."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 M near Honolulu. See local deals