2011 BMW X5 M

7.9

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

I love my X5! Safe, solid and fun!!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "Expensive to fix!!"

"Our X5 has been wonderful!! A few minor issues have popped up, but nothing too serious. My one small bit of advice to future owners is this: If your planning on buying an X5 out of warranty, spend the few bucks to have BMW do a pre-buy inspection. I almost purchased an X5 from a dealership that looked, sounded and seemed fault free. Upon inspection, we were looking at $23,000.00 in repairs to the engine! Someone had abused it. Anyhow, We found a new option, had it inspected and life is good. Also, Do not make the mistake of purchasing this SUV if you can't afford to maintain and fix it. They aren't cheap to fix!!! If you live in a metro area, do some research and check out a few reviews on foreign auto service/repair. If you can find a reasonable option for repairs, I'd say go for it!"

The best SUV you can get that acts like a car.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, features."

Cons: "Never enough time to drive it."

"Hand down this is the best SUV you can get in this class. It handles like you are driving a car. The amount of interior space is excellent. We didn't opt for the 3rd row as we diden't need it and by seeing it I feel it is a waste. We went with the Premium edition and loaded it up with a nice amoutn of options. Must have options are the Multi-Contour seats and the Premium Sound."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"I previously leased a 2006 X5, and liked it so much that I decided to purchase a 2009 X5 when the lease ran out. Although I am not thrilled about some of the new interior design features, the ride, handling, performance, and warranty on this vehicle is unrivaled. In comparison to other SUV's, this one may feel like you are driving a tank, but the responsiveness when accelerating and braking are amazing. There is no effort to get this vehicle up hills at highway speeds, or emergency braking. The warranty (no maintenance costs up to 50,000 miles) gives the BMW a considerable edge over M-B or Porsche. Although it is pricey, I have already recommended this vehicle to family and friends. Even if you can get a good deal on a used X5, it is worth it."

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "good gas economy. comfortable and safe....it drive"

Cons: "no parking sensors (I got used to them on my 05"

"This is my 3rd X5....and feel comfortable with getting another. It has a little more room than my 05...but the quality is there...It weighs 300 more lbs than my 05 and is little larger. All in all Kudos to BMW and am glad it's produced in the USA."

Possibly the best SAV ever built

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"I have owned over 10 BMWs in the past 30 years. The 2008 X5 that I have put over 35K miles in less than 18 months is the best BMW I have owned including my 840CI & 650."

Guess I'm Lucky

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"I took delivery of my 2007 3.0 X5 in February 2007, and have about 12000 miles on it. I have had only 1 problem and had it into the dealership 1 time. The tailgate wouldn't latch. I am averaging about 21 mpg on the highway (70 - 80 mph) and about 16 in the city. I love this vehicle and am so glad I got it. I traded my 2000 ML 430 for this. I was at the Benz/BMW dealership to order a new ML and drove the BMW and was hooked. Also, the included maintenance is a major plus!!"

Best handling SUV on the market

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very comfortable, fuel economy"

Cons: "Dealership is farther away than preferred"

"Our X5 has provided an outstanding driving experience; absolutely the most secure feeling and best handling SUV we have ever driven. The front seats are wonderfully comfortable and seem to be infinitely adjustable. It includes most of the latest technology and the interior just looks and feels so well made. We now have 35,000 miles on the car (14 months since new) and it still looks as if it has just rolled off of the factory floor. Our experience has been that the fuel mileage estimates are accurate, if not a bit on the low side. We are consistently getting 25mpg on the highway where we do most of our driving and average 22mpg overall. We have been extremely satisfied and could not be happier with our decision to purchase this car."

A drivers vehicle

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Driving this car is great."

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"The car is awesome on long travel. I've driven the car over 1200 miles for times and it just is an awesome ride. Comfortable or a long haul. I love the vehicle. It's probably the best vehicle that I've owned over many years."

major electrical problems

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

"drives well, looks great, in shop alot more than would think, has had 3 batteries in less than 4 years"

Love This Car

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

"I love my X5. Versatility of an SUV - driving performance of a sports car. Super fast, powerful and built solid."

Great except for running boards

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"This car has been a favorite of mine, except for the side running boards, which I was skeptical of before buying, and for good reason. These make it hard to get into the car and I get my pants dirty every time we have snow, ice, rain. I am thinking of having them taken off but then I have to replace the panels that they are bolted onto. Plus, they are part of the sport package, so the car won't look as cute. What we won't do for beauty! Can't get my blackberry to work with the bluetooth feature as BMW has not updated their system yet to enable this. Argh!"

Stylish ride, not ideal for 4+ families

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I originally leased a '06 BMW X5 which I loved. So I purchased an 07 X5 when new body came out without hesitation. For some reason, this one gave me many problems after 1200 miles including navigation error, check engine light, coolant leakage, etc. Everything was covered under warranty so luckily I didn't have to pay a penny but it was in the shop for too many times for too long. It's surprising because my previous X5 had no problems. Overall, I'm happy with the car's look, drive and functionality but it isn't ideal for families of 4 or more. Very little room and I always felt cramped in this car. It may be a good choice for people without big families because it does drive nice like typical BMWs."

Leased 2 BMW X-5's

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"My 2008 4.8is is considerably nicer than my previous 2003 4.6i X-5. CONS: Break pads/sensors wear out (now on 3rd set). Poor gas mileage (12.5/13.0). Expensive 20" run-flats ($2,500 to replace at 15K miles), run-flats are unstable & rigid after normal wear, BMW Assist is poorly responsive, 3rd-row seats are impractical, tailgate lift issues (now corrected). PROS: Arguably most venerably attractive SUV, great resale value, what all luxury SUV's are compared to, amazing handling & performance, quiet interior, high quality fit & finish, improved I-Drive control, amazing sound system. BMW's lease maintenance program is excellent. Fields BMW Winter Park is excellent dealer (sales & service)."

great car for people who are swtiching from sedan

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Drives like a sports car, very good handling and responce. Lots of power (4.8 model) I was only in the shop once due to faulty wireing harness and was given exact car as a loaner for 1 week while the issue was fixed. I would recommend it. I would also recommnend investing ~4000$ in 100K extanded warranty to make sure you can enjoy this car after 50K warranty expires."

2009 x5 3.oi

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle since Nov, 2008 and it's a great suv handles like a car which people have mentioned earlier but the fuel economy on the 3.0i is brutal in city driving with an epa of only 13.5 for me but it's odd because I don't race the vehicle that much at all I don't brake hard, I just drive normally. The seats are not too comfortable but hey this is a sporty suv meaning the seats will be uncomfortable. If you want comfort get the active ventilated seat package which is pricy but it's worth it and I would suggest everyone to go for the x5 3.5d Diesel version because the fuel economy is great and it has the power of a v8. Back to reviewing my vehicle, as for the performance wise the v6 in normal mode has slow acceleration so for the extra action and better power you need to keep it in sportmode which I recommend when you go on the highway."

Not impressed

By on Monday, July 07, 2008

"The transmission is not smooth which has been checked by the dealership numerous times and report is "normal", the ride is bumpier than other SUV's I've owned. The V8 engine is louder than expected. Though the car is beautiful, I have been happier with much less costly automobiles."

good but not the best

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"This car handles great on the highway. It feels solid and like you are glued to the road. The biggest issue we have is with the navigation system. By the time you get the system to accept your input you are already at your destination. The backup camera takes a full 15 seconds to show an image. I get to see the road fade away as I drive forward. Voice recognition is horrible. My wife says" close navigation" It responds" loading CD. if we totally ignore this system the car is fine but for $54000 you expect a little more!"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "engine, comfort, style"

Cons: "navigation system is cumbersome at times"

"We opted for the diesel engine and couldn't be happier. The torque and power are superb, the ride comfort is great, and we're very happy with the features that were included in the premium package."

Great SKI Transport

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Stable comfortable secure feeling to drive."

Cons: "Low Speed steering effort."

"great truck handles well comfortable to drive and extreamly reliable. Only issue was replacing the tail gate lift motor in 4 years. Only complaint low speed steering effort could be improved."

A bit too jumpy

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Hey, it's a BMW - generally great."

Cons: "Twitchy."

"I've had this car 3 years. It looks great, reliable, and I generally like it. But it's always been a bit too jumpy, or twitchy. Brakes too tight"

love the Turbo Diesel.....

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

"I love how the X5 handles, performs and mileage. Its a great SUV."

Best SUV on the road or track

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "have to get different tires for winter driving"

"I would recommend this car to anyone that wants the usefulness of a SUV with the performance of a super car"

Great for anyone, any age

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth every cent"

"Reliable, stylish, luxurious, rugged, comfortable, technologically-advanced... the list goes on. Diesel offers great power; however, at times, the power wanted isn't there at the second it's needed, but within a half-second more, the diesel power"

3rd x5 love it

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"When I get 50K miles on it....I'll get another"

Amazing vehicle, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"I've had my 2008 X5 4.8i for a little over a year and it's an amazing vehicle. It has plenty of power, although you pay for it with not so great gas mileage (averages somewhere around 13.5 mpg in town). So far it's been extremely reliable and it's really fun to drive (which I can't say about most of the other luxury SUVs that I test drove prior to purchasing this one). I'd definitely recommend giving the X5 a test drive if you are in the market for a higher end SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 M near Honolulu. See local deals