• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 BMW X5 M

7.9

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Good Solid Performance

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "excellent torque with the diesel"

"Although I have only driven a low amount of mileage, I can say that it is a solid feeling when driving this SUV. The weight of the vehicle, at around 6200lbs, gives it that quality feeling of power. It accelerates well and you feel the torque pulling you towards the seat. During this past snowstorms, I drove with no problems over snow. In general, a good investment for the value."

2012 X5 M - SUV thinks its a sports car

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Nimble handling, ridiculous power, practicality"

Cons: "Price, mpg, tires, tech gremlins"

"This vehicle shouldn't exist. 555 hp/ 500 ft lb torque in an SUV that weighs over 5000 lbs? Shouldn't work but it does. The handling is most impressive considering it's mass and the way it hides it. Feels like a 3-series and all this in a ride that has a relatively practical storage/seating space. My complaints on the X5 M are few but worth contemplating before you drop a grip on this vehicle. First, no all-weather/snow tires are available by BMW for this SUV despite being told otherwise by the salesman, the service advisor, & a parts tech. Their explanation: this SUV wasn't designed to deal with weather which seems like b.s. to me for not having an option for a slightly more practical tire. Second, power comes at a price both at purchase and at the pump. This is to be expected when buying a car/SUV that is so completely ridiculous. It still hurts... buying a company executive demo with only 4200 miles, totally loaded, saved us @ $20 grand. We put the savings towards the gas pump. This thing is thirsty! Third, there are a few tech gremlins. With so much technology in cars these days, it's kinda overwhelming. You can't defeat the parking assistance (which gets really annoying 'cuz it reboots every time you turn off the car). The stereo presets and info. settings are configurable which is really cool but they randomly reset themselves from time to time. Lastly, the software for the triptronic clutch needs to be upgraded (which I believe the '14 models have a new transmission). There's a slight lag upon the initial depression of the accelerator in auto-mode. Most likely a fuel saving measure for the 6-speed but kinda sloppy for a vehicle in this category and becomes increasingly more noticeable and therefore, more annoying. Sport modes are great as is driving in "manual" mode using the paddles. All in all, this ride is amazing! Just be sure to talk to someone who's knowledgeable about the M-series at the dealership. It's rather incredible how difficult it may be to find that person for a vehicle that is so specialized."

Love the X5

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "A hoot to drive, heavy and no floating"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires wear quickly in the front"

"This is my second X5. I had a 2000 4.4 w/sports package and the works for that year. I kept it for 8 years before I let it go. It handles like a champ, but what I like most about the car is the way it feels on the road. It does not feel like you are floating or get blown over when a heavier vehicle passes you. It is solid and we feel safe driving it."

Love the x5! Beautiful driving machine!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Safe. Classic. Worth the money"

"This is my 3rd x5. I love this vehicle. Acceleration is amazing. The drive is beautiful and actually I look forward to long road trips ! I feel extremely safe in this SUV. The navigation can be a chAllenge initially yet is a must! I would recommend this vehicle without reservation ! I have driven all over florida for sports with many kids in tow and everyone felt safe and sound."

Worst car I have ever owned. Over $4K in repairs

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Nice tight sporty drive"

Cons: "2 many 2 costly repairs"

"in only 5 months."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 M near Honolulu. See local deals