• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,620 - $37,854.

10/7.6

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Make excuses to run errands!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, exterior design looks sharp"

Cons: "No true manual, wish some add-ons were standard"

"This is my second BMW. My first was a 3 series sedan that has lasted almost 20 years and still runs like a dream, but I wanted the cargo room, so I went with the X3. It handles the road beautifully and is amazingly fun to drive! I make excuses to run errands and always offer to drive on longer trips. I got the sport package and the sport seats hug you. Add on the heated seats and I could sleep in it if I wanted to. The xdrive is great. I have not had an issue thus far in wintery weather. There is a suprising amount of room in the back to haul gear and there is also extra storage under the floor in the very back. This model is the size of the original X5, giving the backseat riders a bit more leg room and it is definitely noticeable. Among the standard features is the iDrive. I didnt upgrade to the Nav, but find that having my music displayed on an 8 inch screen, as well as info about the car, to be a very nice feature. The stock sound system also gets 5 stars. Sounds are crisp, bass is deep, and songs with multiple instruments (like jazz) are produced well as if you were sitting in a club listening live. There is nothing about this car that I am not in love with. It drives great, it's comfortable, sporty, and the exterior design makes the car look like it is in constant motion. I would definitely buy another!"

Amazing Automobile

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Technology package rocks and on red looks great"

Cons: "Never cons on BMW's sorry :)"

"This is my second new X3 , I just got it on 12.30.2011 and I absolutely love it , much better features than my old model 05 a pleasure to drive .I recommend highly you won't regret it , so spacious and drives like a dream :)"

Nice Upgrade

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

"I currently own a 2011 BMW X3 and am very happy with my purchase. After looking for 6 months and driving numerous vehicle, I went BACK to BMW. I previously owned a 2008 BMW X3 and when the newer model came out, I couldn't help but jump on the "wagon". It spacier than the 08 model and looks a lot more luxuorous than ever before. It's a comfortable ride. My only complaint is what some cars come with their basic models, BMW adds it as an additional option making the car slightly more expensive for the additional perks than the rest. With that said, well worth the money as you can expect to have this car for a life time!"

Great car

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "gas milage, size and horse power"

Cons: "no towing package offered"

"I traded in my '07 RX 400H (wasn't that impressed with gas mileage and didn't like the way it handled in the snow). I got the 35i twin turbo and now I am planing on selling my Solstice GXP next summer since I hardly ever drive it (I think the BMW is faster) My only regret is that there was not a towing package offered. I see now that there are after market towing package available so I will add that also in the spring. At 6' 4" I find there is plenty of room in this car too. When I show people the video that BMW emailed me of my car being made at the new US plant, they are blown away. Love this car."

The Ultimate Driving machine

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive easy to learn the iDrive Technology"

"My first new Vehicle and I chose the 2012 X3 xDrive28i. I picked it up on 10/26/11. I am very pleased and although the added options cost a lot more than I planned I have no regrets. What a ride. The Technology package, Premium package and Heated seats/steering wheel makes the luxury a true pleasure. The Xenon headlights make its an even cooler SAV with those electro-mechanical lights. 3 cameras with Park Distance control takes the stress out of parallel parking especially living in New York City. You get use to the iDrive functionality easily. I love it so much it makes me want to keep on driving."