2014 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,969 - $37,403.

10/7.6

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

fantastic vehicle-my best ever

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "mileage, quality,ride, and comfort"

"purchased 28i a month ago. We recently took on a trip and got 27mpg, better than rx400h we traded in. Was nervous about 4 cyl engine but it is very powerful. Quality is first rate.Got many options including navigation,xenons, and upgraded stereo. No regrets!"

Amazing Automobile

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Technology package rocks and on red looks great"

Cons: "Never cons on BMW's sorry :)"

"This is my second new X3 , I just got it on 12.30.2011 and I absolutely love it , much better features than my old model 05 a pleasure to drive .I recommend highly you won't regret it , so spacious and drives like a dream :)"

Proud to own this car.

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, runs like a scolded dog."

Cons: "no sunglass holder, no spare tire"

"The car is a blast to drive. Handling is excellent, performance is near the top of the pack for this catagory, gas milage is good (average about 22 mpg). It sits high enough that my wife and I, in our 60's can get in and out easily. Outstanding transmission. Might replace the run flat tires with regular tires for improved ride, which is a bit on the firm side. Only criticism is the AC which could be a bit stronger. Plenty of back seat room and rear storage is good. Has the best headlights of any car I have ever owned; will burn the paint off stop signs. Not a car for someone who wants a posh ride like a Lexus or Cadillac, but made for the driving enthusists. We picked the car up at the factory in South Carolina and the factory gave us the VIP treatment, spending a day showing us the capabilities of the car. So far no problems with this car. Would buy it again!"

BMW all the way!

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "Comfort,Handling, Accelleration and Fuel econony"

Cons: "No Posted Speed Limit included With Navigation"

"I find the shifter to be odd but once you are familiar with it - it works well. The most annoying thing that may not be an issue for most is the navigation will not display the posted speed limit. This is quite surprising since it is a $1900 option. If I had known this I would have bought the technology option although I think this common item should be included in any navigation system. My $99 Garmin had it Our VW Golf Has it? The car is otherwise a BMW all the way that's is why I would like them to have this in their navigation system."

Beautiful design. BMW drivability.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Driving as Life is too short. Control knob"

Cons: "Rough riding."

"Fun driving. Quality exterior and interior. Zips easily around town and drives great on the freeway. Has leased it for over a year with no problems. Master Control knob next to the gear shift is the ultimate in convenience and safety. Many other vehicle's controls are on the dash, having to push the glass screen, making it more difficult to control the radio, navigation etc. Comparing the exterior design of other luxury and mid-level SUV models, the X3 is far superior. The only downside is the ride which is not as smooth and not as quiet as other models which I would prefer. Secondly, having discussed BMW's with mechanics and other previous BMW owners, the major issue and concern is the future reliability and repair expense as the vehicle passes it's free 4 year BMW maintenance period. Just about all recommend not owning a BMW because it will be in the shop frequently at very high expense. As a result, I plan on buying either a Toyota Highlander or Lexus RX for reliability and smoothness and quietness of ride. The prices with all the options are within the same price range. Or being spoiled by it's drivability and control knob, I will lease a new X3 or X5 for the rest of my driving life...but never buying one."

Handles good and drives. Gas pedal issues

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Nice interior and roomy in back seat."

Cons: "all wheel drive in snow not that good"

"I loved the vehicle at first. After only 4 months of purchase I had to take it in the shop for coolant light on. Also, I bought the BMW at Christmas and we had snow. The SUV did not do well in the snow on the sharp curves on hills. Slid and had to get a neighbor to help me turn it around. Very disappointed. The gas pedal also I do not like it does not feel right and you push on it usually jerks as as you push to give it gas. I had a volvo before and I always wanted a BMW. Now I questioned my purchase. The handling and driving is good but the gas pedal I do not like at all. Very disappointed in the all wheel drive. I live where I have a lot of snow and it did not do well for me going up hills with steep curves. Going down hill was good. I do love the color and exterior. I was expecting more. I do like the car it sits up and the interior is great. I will keep driving it for now and maybe it is just getting use to it."

Loving my 2014 BMW X3 28i

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent drive, well crafted interior, safe"

Cons: "Some bugs in onboard computer, blind spots"

"I just leased a 2014 BMW X3 28i, and this is definitely the best car I have ever driven. The car deserves an almost perfect score. I would have liked to have rated this car a 9.5 overall, but I had to settle for a 9 given the rating system on KBB. So here's the good stuff. The drive of the BMW is simply outstanding. The X drive system offers sport, comfort and eco modes which offer three very different but excellent driving experiences. The sport drive makes you feel like you are piloting a Porsche, and even the 4 cylinder version of the car has incredible torque. The comfort drive is likewise excellent, although you can clearly distinguish a 4 cylinder from a 6 cylinder version. But you do get better mileage. The eco mode offers a bit less pep than the other driving modes, but the MPG goes way up. Since I leased the car three months ago, my MPG has averaged about 21 MPG, with more town and city driving versus highway driving. During longer highway drives, I have gotten 30-35 MPG consistently. The steering is crisp and responsive and the breaking is taught but not overbearing. The BMW driving experience is simply superior. My car is relatively new and I have experienced no major reliability issues despite a brutal winter in NJ this year. The interior of the car is something special. The leather finish is outstanding and the styling of the dashboard is excellent. The iDrive system is fantastic as well. I highly recommend the Navigation system which is unreal. The computerized dash is truly powerful and wide in scope. The only downsides I can think of with the car is that the dashboard computer can sometimes be buggy (i.e. clearing pre-set radio channels randomly), and also the car has blind spots on the driver side given the positioning of the rollcage."

Love this Car!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"I have owned this car for just over 1 month. I purchased the 35i Engine and M Sport Package, with the very interesting Carbon Black paint color and love it. This car is very fast with smooth acceleration and handling. The Technology Package is excellent and find the Heads up Display to be worth the extra $$. The extras on this car are a big expense so if you can find a corporate vehicle that's sold by the dealer with low miles as Elite Pre-Owned then that's certainly the way to go!!"

Awesome car for families

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious"

Cons: "tailgate doesn't close with key"

"This car is great for families on the go! The car drives great and I can always rely on it to take me where I want to go! If you need a luxury midsize SUV, this is the one!"

Very Very Nice Vehicle

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Great Vehicle with excellent storage space"

Cons: "second seat don't recline. my only complaint"

"This vehicle is amazing. I like the fact that I was able to custom order my vehicle at no additional cost. I had to wait a month before it was delivered but it was worth it. I opted for the xdrive 35i over the 28 and I'm glad I did. This thing screams. It has on the move drive modes so I can switch between comfort and sport which I believe engages the turbo. It also changes the shift ranges of the transmission. My daily driver is a 2007 Infiniti M45. When I compare driving pleasures, I think that the X3 without question is faster on take off because you can feel the all wheel drive of the X3 pulling but the V8 of the M45 pens you to the seat. Both have the ability for burnouts. That is both from standstill and roll.But I think the M45 would take the X3 in a head to head. I also opted for the painted trim. Money if you ask me well spent."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next