2014 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,969 - $37,403.

10/7.6

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

The ultimate driving experience

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Luxury, Mileage, Convenience, Safety, and Control"

"Perfect balance, Perfect control, Awesome speed, Good Mileage, Perfect for a family of 4 and everything is attended to the minute detail possible. I am getting 30 miles per gallon if I drive at 60-65 miles/hour but gives only 16 miles per gallong in city due to stop and go traffic. Improvements: 1. Navigation - Even my $100 Garmin performs better. 2. Rear Brakes - Demands changing every 20-25K miles. 3. No Auto Headlights 4. Rear Side Airbags - At least as optional 5. Transmission lag (in the beginning if it is normal mode)"

Great Automobile

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I will try not be biased in my review. I purchased the 2012 BMW X3 28i a few weeks ago. Although I have owned the car a short time, it is not my first car nor my first BMW. First off, the car does handle extremely well around turns as well as on the open road. BMW has really put a lot of thought, technology, and engineering into their latest edition. The exterior of the suv is amazing in that its curves and lines give the car a sense of movement while standing still. Interior wise, BMW has laid out the cabin to be more roomy and comfortable. As many have mentioned, the new X3 is comparable in size to the original X5. The instrument cluster as well as middle console work well for those who want that feeling of piloting an airplane. Remember, this is a car that is meant to be driven and experienced. As for cons, there are a few. The lag time between the gas pedal to motion at a full stop is noticeable but not a deterrent. The electronic parking brake can be odd and unfamiliar for some."

Make excuses to run errands!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, exterior design looks sharp"

Cons: "No true manual, wish some add-ons were standard"

"This is my second BMW. My first was a 3 series sedan that has lasted almost 20 years and still runs like a dream, but I wanted the cargo room, so I went with the X3. It handles the road beautifully and is amazingly fun to drive! I make excuses to run errands and always offer to drive on longer trips. I got the sport package and the sport seats hug you. Add on the heated seats and I could sleep in it if I wanted to. The xdrive is great. I have not had an issue thus far in wintery weather. There is a suprising amount of room in the back to haul gear and there is also extra storage under the floor in the very back. This model is the size of the original X5, giving the backseat riders a bit more leg room and it is definitely noticeable. Among the standard features is the iDrive. I didnt upgrade to the Nav, but find that having my music displayed on an 8 inch screen, as well as info about the car, to be a very nice feature. The stock sound system also gets 5 stars. Sounds are crisp, bass is deep, and songs with multiple instruments (like jazz) are produced well as if you were sitting in a club listening live. There is nothing about this car that I am not in love with. It drives great, it's comfortable, sporty, and the exterior design makes the car look like it is in constant motion. I would definitely buy another!"

Do not buy this car ..

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I recently purchased the 2011 BMW X3 (end of January)and have had nothing but issues with. The engine oil sensor malfunction light has gone on numerous times, trouble with the remote key and yesterday got stuck and it just died and leaked gas out all over the road. In addition, BMW roadside assistance was useless - took them 5 hours to get a tow truck to get the car"

My First Luxury Car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Technology, quality, performance and reliability."

Cons: "It's luxury so you need money to own one."

"It was not disappointing at all to own this luxury car. I was skeptical to own BMW for a long time because of reliability issues. This time I made a decision to own one and chose BMW X3. Very impressed and I am proud to own one now."