2012 BMW X3

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

My First Luxury Car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Technology, quality, performance and reliability."

Cons: "It's luxury so you need money to own one."

"It was not disappointing at all to own this luxury car. I was skeptical to own BMW for a long time because of reliability issues. This time I made a decision to own one and chose BMW X3. Very impressed and I am proud to own one now."

Great car

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "gas milage, size and horse power"

Cons: "no towing package offered"

"I traded in my '07 RX 400H (wasn't that impressed with gas mileage and didn't like the way it handled in the snow). I got the 35i twin turbo and now I am planing on selling my Solstice GXP next summer since I hardly ever drive it (I think the BMW is faster) My only regret is that there was not a towing package offered. I see now that there are after market towing package available so I will add that also in the spring. At 6' 4" I find there is plenty of room in this car too. When I show people the video that BMW emailed me of my car being made at the new US plant, they are blown away. Love this car."

Good but...

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Good Looking"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Impressed with: Speed and maneuverability at highway speed. Look and style, I am proud of it. Not Impressed with: It has wheel alignment issue, been aligned 3 times over the life of the original tires. Tires are used up at 31k miles not to mention that these tires are not cheap at $340 each. Theres seem to be a hiccup on the initial acceleration, you have to very careful on the drive off. Rear door has to be slammed to close completely otherwise the sensor will let you know. The engine noise; My car is a 35I twin Turbo and the dealer told me its normal for the noise. Use of Premium gas only to give you an average of 21 miles a gallon."

2015 BMW X3 is the best luxury compact SUV

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Diesel, MPG, Torque, M sport look, comfort."

Cons: "Auto start stop hesitate."

"I owned a 2011 X3. I was in the market to traded in for a sporty car. I considered Fusion, Edge, Murano, VW CC, Touareg, Volvo S60, V60, XC60, Q5, GLK, and X5. I wanted to maximize Utility, Quality, Performance, and Efficiency out of my budget. In conclusion, I, again, choose 2015 X3, now with M sport look. Value: I traded in my 2011 X3 on June 2014 at 53.6% of original MSRP. I think that is not bad. Driving Dynamics: No doubt, every professional car reviewer agrees BMW has best overall driving dynamics. X3 is one good example of it. Reliability: I owned my first X3 for more than 3 years. I never paid any maintenance, fixing, etc.... Never have any problem. This is one big reason why I want BMW again. Interior : Thanks to the LCI treatment for 2015 model, I am sure BMW has the best interior material quality of the segment. Exterior: this is the part I love my car the most. I have been dreaming to get a M sport Package BMW for years. Finally, I drive one now. Quality: Some said GLK has best built quality of segment. I said X3 is not any worse than GLK. Comfort & Convenience: X3 has best cargo space of the segment, so I don't need to put further explanation. My wife love the comfortable sport seat and minimal wind noise. At 80 MPH, the wind noise is still very low. In conclusion, how to define a car of your dream? I think it is that every morning you get ready to work. You go to garage about to drive. You see your car and you feel this is going to be a wonderful day. That is how I feel. By the way, thanks to its diesel engine, I average 32.3 MPG on my entire 2500 miles. I am very happy at this result."

The Joy of Driving

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fuel economy, Look, iDrive, Luxury"

Cons: "Price, Middle rear seat has less leg room"

In the mountains

"I am truly satisfied with the performance of this car. From steering response, to agility, fuel economy and state of the art electronics - it is a true BMW. With the added options like huge panaromic moonfoof, parking sensors and cameras, navigation, parked car auto ventilation and so on, it's pure luxury meets performance. The top view of the car itself on the road with visible parking lines or nearby object is something I have not seen in any other car yet. There are just so many things I am happy about this car. But I think this one sentence captures it all: I become happy when I am in it"

My video

In the mountains

My Love

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals