2012 BMW X3

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Too much car for me

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Pros: "Smaller than older models"

Cons: "Technology (GPS, Bluetooth compatibility)"

"Most would not complain about being given one but my husband is a BMX nut so I've owned 2 so far-the x5 and now the x3. I put a total of 12K miles on the x3 in the 2 years I've owned it. It has so many unnecessary "options" (he bought it fully loaded) that I'm sure I'm not using half of them so "value" for me? None. Especially when the GPS system on my 2014 is so inferior to the one that came with my 2008 x5. And as soon as I got an iPhone 6+, the bluetooth quits intermittently. BMW blames Apple who blames BMW."

BEST SUV EVER

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "very good price"

Cons: "maintenance is 100% free in bmw 4 years and 50,000"

"is the best suv AWD we have good espace back and front,very good driving ,very sport mi lease exp in dicember and i tink very serious to buy anotherwant or i keep mi lease never have problems we this suv plus maitenance is 100%free oil filters ac all fluids batterery brakes winshield washers ligths all 100% fre maitenance ,maintenance cost no money in this car"

Love this Car!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"I have owned this car for just over 1 month. I purchased the 35i Engine and M Sport Package, with the very interesting Carbon Black paint color and love it. This car is very fast with smooth acceleration and handling. The Technology Package is excellent and find the Heads up Display to be worth the extra $$. The extras on this car are a big expense so if you can find a corporate vehicle that's sold by the dealer with low miles as Elite Pre-Owned then that's certainly the way to go!!"

I Love this Car (with capital L)

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "How the car handles itself at high speeds"

Cons: "Noisy at high speed"

"I have been driving this car for the last 3 months and I still get excited about it. I had an acura 2002 before that and this was a big step up for me. But what i am getting from this car far exceeds my expectations and I do not think I will ever drive any other brand going forward. This car's performance lives up to the Bimmer's hype."

Best Car I Have Owned

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Performance, Build Quality, Features, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Options Are Pricey... Choose Only What You Need"

"This car is a huge step up from the GM, Ford, Cadillac and Subaru's that are the majority of SUV sales. The level of quality, performance and driving pleasure is outstanding. This is my first BMW so there was a learning curve with the I Drive, Navigation and other unique BMW features. Love the 12 speaker stereo, heated front seats with 3 settings, dual climate control, key-less start and full Navigation. This baby handles like a true sports car with acceleration & brakes putting it in a class of it's own. Great gas mileage and rock solid reliability earn it 5 stars. While pricey it comes with a solid 4 year warranty which includes all maintenance and free inspection. Beat that Lexus."

Perfect Marriage of Utility and Performance

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Feels like a swiss vault when it shuts"

Cons: "Need better noise dampener at high speed"

"Rock solid vehicle. It has amazing power and acceleration thanks to the silky smooth eight speed transmission. The car feels solid and stable around curvy rounds even going 90 mph, something I would never have done in my other vehicle and though I do not recommend this for others. However, I was very impressed how this vehicle navigated those sweepy curves. I also drove this vehicle on an interstate during a snow storm with the standard all season tires that came with it. It handled like a well trained athlete. I was the only car driving through the snow in the left lane. I am not sure that the vehicle was better than others but it certainly game me confidence that the vehicle could deal with the snow. I also love the look of the vehicle's exterior and interior. The aesthetics is understated elegance, not over the top. It does not call attention to itself other than through the blue and white Rondell. The discreet aesthetic is another reason why I like the BMW. If I could got rid of the Rondell or the indentifiers that announce that it is a BMW, I would love it even more because I drive this car not for its status but because of how solidly it drives and perform. The 48mos/50K miles warranty also comes in handy because repairing this Ultimate Driving Machine can be costly. I love this vehicle more than I enjoyed my 2007 328i."

Love, love this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good looking car"

Cons: "GPS need upgrade, cup holders"

"This was assembled in Germany/Austria and was shipped to me as a gift from my husband. I love the Flamenco color, so far I've only seen 2 of these in N. California. I Love the moon roof, you can open it halfway or all the way. This is a really good car for me but maintenance is quite expensive.The GPS,I did an upgrade but not quite impressed for a BMW car. Car has parking assist, steering wheel can be tilted,has fog lights,intermittent wipers and more. Car paint is still in very good condition, car has been garaged most of the time. I just drive it to and from work."

Beautiful design. BMW drivability.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Driving as Life is too short. Control knob"

Cons: "Rough riding."

"Fun driving. Quality exterior and interior. Zips easily around town and drives great on the freeway. Has leased it for over a year with no problems. Master Control knob next to the gear shift is the ultimate in convenience and safety. Many other vehicle's controls are on the dash, having to push the glass screen, making it more difficult to control the radio, navigation etc. Comparing the exterior design of other luxury and mid-level SUV models, the X3 is far superior. The only downside is the ride which is not as smooth and not as quiet as other models which I would prefer. Secondly, having discussed BMW's with mechanics and other previous BMW owners, the major issue and concern is the future reliability and repair expense as the vehicle passes it's free 4 year BMW maintenance period. Just about all recommend not owning a BMW because it will be in the shop frequently at very high expense. As a result, I plan on buying either a Toyota Highlander or Lexus RX for reliability and smoothness and quietness of ride. The prices with all the options are within the same price range. Or being spoiled by it's drivability and control knob, I will lease a new X3 or X5 for the rest of my driving life...but never buying one."

Proud to own this car.

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, runs like a scolded dog."

Cons: "no sunglass holder, no spare tire"

"The car is a blast to drive. Handling is excellent, performance is near the top of the pack for this catagory, gas milage is good (average about 22 mpg). It sits high enough that my wife and I, in our 60's can get in and out easily. Outstanding transmission. Might replace the run flat tires with regular tires for improved ride, which is a bit on the firm side. Only criticism is the AC which could be a bit stronger. Plenty of back seat room and rear storage is good. Has the best headlights of any car I have ever owned; will burn the paint off stop signs. Not a car for someone who wants a posh ride like a Lexus or Cadillac, but made for the driving enthusists. We picked the car up at the factory in South Carolina and the factory gave us the VIP treatment, spending a day showing us the capabilities of the car. So far no problems with this car. Would buy it again!"

2015 X3 xdrive28i

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Quick, Fuel efficient, and comfortable"

Cons: "None so far"

"Traded in a 2013 Ford Edge Ecoboost for the 2015 X3, same horsepower numbers, entirely different driving experience. Ordered the vehicle from my local BMW dealer and got it exactly the way I wanted (M Sport package, Premium package, Nav system, driver's assistance package, Harmon Kardon audio), had to wait almost 3 months, due to ordering right when the 2015 became available. First impressions are very good, have had the vehicle for slightly over 3 months. Handling is great for a near mid-size SUV, it corners like a 3 series sedan. Acceleration is very good in Sport mode (acceptable in Comfort mode as well and it saves on fuel), no discernible turbo lag, the 4 cylinder is a great engine. Have taken it on a long family trip and returned an average of 25-28 mpg (this is with a full cargo hold of luggage). Cargo space was more that adequate for 3 people and their luggage (along with all the stuff a 4 year old drags with). The M Sport seats are worth their weight in gold, no fatigue even from 12 hour stints in the vehicle. This is my first luxury brand car (not my first German vehicle) and I am very pleased with it. Depending on how this vehicle holds up reliability wise, I may become a BMW buyer from here on out. (Side note: I am a female, but a car nerd, and horsepower and handling matter more to me than the amount of cup holders or vanity mirrors)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals