• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 BMW X3

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

2015 BMW X3 is the best luxury compact SUV

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Diesel, MPG, Torque, M sport look, comfort."

Cons: "Auto start stop hesitate."

"I owned a 2011 X3. I was in the market to traded in for a sporty car. I considered Fusion, Edge, Murano, VW CC, Touareg, Volvo S60, V60, XC60, Q5, GLK, and X5. I wanted to maximize Utility, Quality, Performance, and Efficiency out of my budget. In conclusion, I, again, choose 2015 X3, now with M sport look. Value: I traded in my 2011 X3 on June 2014 at 53.6% of original MSRP. I think that is not bad. Driving Dynamics: No doubt, every professional car reviewer agrees BMW has best overall driving dynamics. X3 is one good example of it. Reliability: I owned my first X3 for more than 3 years. I never paid any maintenance, fixing, etc.... Never have any problem. This is one big reason why I want BMW again. Interior : Thanks to the LCI treatment for 2015 model, I am sure BMW has the best interior material quality of the segment. Exterior: this is the part I love my car the most. I have been dreaming to get a M sport Package BMW for years. Finally, I drive one now. Quality: Some said GLK has best built quality of segment. I said X3 is not any worse than GLK. Comfort & Convenience: X3 has best cargo space of the segment, so I don't need to put further explanation. My wife love the comfortable sport seat and minimal wind noise. At 80 MPH, the wind noise is still very low. In conclusion, how to define a car of your dream? I think it is that every morning you get ready to work. You go to garage about to drive. You see your car and you feel this is going to be a wonderful day. That is how I feel. By the way, thanks to its diesel engine, I average 32.3 MPG on my entire 2500 miles. I am very happy at this result."

Not Worth the Price

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "smooth drive; good mileage; powerful engine"

Cons: "not worth the value."

"My husband bought me the 2014 X3 in June of 2013 to replace my X5 which is one of the only advantages of the X3. It's a lot smaller than the X5 which I always felt as if I was driving a massive truck. The size of the X3 is much more reasonable. Clearly this car is not for me. I'm a stay-at-home mother and I put a whopping 6k miles on it in 14 months. Unlike my husband, who loves and appreciates high-end, expensive German cars, I just don't. Maybe it's a "guy" think but I just feel it's a LOT of money to spend, especially when I don't need a car of this caliber for my personal driving habits/needs. But I kind of question who really does. I know I sound ungrateful but it's just too much for me and I often feel uncomfortable in certain situations with having the BMW logo on it. To me, it can give off an air of entitlement and that might be my issue but I think the opposite can be true. Some buy this car and spend the amount of money precisely because it has the BMW logo. OK, about the car. It i IS a comfortable drive and got me through a pretty bad winter with a ton of blizzards and I never got stuck or had any problem driving up our VERY steep and long driveway or skidding, etc. so it's a safe care! I'll give it that! And it gets MUCH better gas mileage than my old X5 (but it is a lot smaller). But the number of "features" are overwhelming and made "worse" by having many accessible from both the steering wheel AND on other buttons on the dashboard, middle console, etc. The number of unncessary features along with this duplication makes me feel as if I am flying some large commercial airplane. I'm sure there are some features I'm not even aware of but one example of a "not-at-all" needed in my mind is the blinker options. You want to change lanes and you somehow "know" that you only need three "blinks" to signal the driver into whose lane you are entering? You can use the standard blinker and just flip it off when you've changed lanes BUT you can also push a small button on the steering wheel that will automatically turn off the blinker after 3 blinks AND that same feature is also on the dashboard. Honestly? It just results in a car which has a massive amount of buttons that I just can't imagine most drivers using. I feel it's more of a way to justify the expense than adding any benefit. But I'm just a Girl so what do I know? I do know that a week after I got it in June of 2013 and had 300 miles on it, a 19-year-old hit me with his old pickup in a parking lot on the passenger side of the car (don't ask why he drove perpendicularly into me). He wasn't traveling at a high speed at all so his truck didn't have a scratch but the body design of the X3 sides is one long, continuous piece from the very front to the back so the entire side of the car had to be replaced. And since I had picked a new color that was never offered before and since I had also gotten the very first shipment, there was a delay in getting the paint so my car was in the body shop for 3 weeks. I'll stop. You realize you are reading a review from a middle-age woman who considers a car more of a commodity and doesn't appreciate what some might. We own the car so I'll keep it maybe for one more winter and then I'm trading it in and choosing what I feel I need and I bet I MAKE money off the whole deal."

Very Very Nice Vehicle

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Great Vehicle with excellent storage space"

Cons: "second seat don't recline. my only complaint"

"This vehicle is amazing. I like the fact that I was able to custom order my vehicle at no additional cost. I had to wait a month before it was delivered but it was worth it. I opted for the xdrive 35i over the 28 and I'm glad I did. This thing screams. It has on the move drive modes so I can switch between comfort and sport which I believe engages the turbo. It also changes the shift ranges of the transmission. My daily driver is a 2007 Infiniti M45. When I compare driving pleasures, I think that the X3 without question is faster on take off because you can feel the all wheel drive of the X3 pulling but the V8 of the M45 pens you to the seat. Both have the ability for burnouts. That is both from standstill and roll.But I think the M45 would take the X3 in a head to head. I also opted for the painted trim. Money if you ask me well spent."

Drives like a sports car. Great power, handling!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "FUN, FUN FUN to drive."

Cons: "NAV software needs to be scrapped and reworked"

"This a terrific all around vehicle. I've had several BMW's but this is my favorite. The Sport+ program makes this SUV drive like a high end sprts car. Could not be happier with this ourchase. Heads up display is really useful. Only complaint is the Navigation system is cumbersome and the Voice recognition software basically doesn't work. It's more frustrating than anything else."

Great to drive - feels like a sports car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage - Handling - Looks - Looks"

"This is my first BMW. When I was shopping for a vehicle with these options, I found the price of the BMW was just a little more than most "American" SUV's. After driving the X3, wow - I wanted this car. Almost forgot: I get an average of 30 miles to the gallon - 4 cycle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals