2011 BMW X3

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Perfect Marriage of Utility and Performance

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Feels like a swiss vault when it shuts"

Cons: "Need better noise dampener at high speed"

"Rock solid vehicle. It has amazing power and acceleration thanks to the silky smooth eight speed transmission. The car feels solid and stable around curvy rounds even going 90 mph, something I would never have done in my other vehicle and though I do not recommend this for others. However, I was very impressed how this vehicle navigated those sweepy curves. I also drove this vehicle on an interstate during a snow storm with the standard all season tires that came with it. It handled like a well trained athlete. I was the only car driving through the snow in the left lane. I am not sure that the vehicle was better than others but it certainly game me confidence that the vehicle could deal with the snow. I also love the look of the vehicle's exterior and interior. The aesthetics is understated elegance, not over the top. It does not call attention to itself other than through the blue and white Rondell. The discreet aesthetic is another reason why I like the BMW. If I could got rid of the Rondell or the indentifiers that announce that it is a BMW, I would love it even more because I drive this car not for its status but because of how solidly it drives and perform. The 48mos/50K miles warranty also comes in handy because repairing this Ultimate Driving Machine can be costly. I love this vehicle more than I enjoyed my 2007 328i."

Love, love this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good looking car"

Cons: "GPS need upgrade, cup holders"

"This was assembled in Germany/Austria and was shipped to me as a gift from my husband. I love the Flamenco color, so far I've only seen 2 of these in N. California. I Love the moon roof, you can open it halfway or all the way. This is a really good car for me but maintenance is quite expensive.The GPS,I did an upgrade but not quite impressed for a BMW car. Car has parking assist, steering wheel can be tilted,has fog lights,intermittent wipers and more. Car paint is still in very good condition, car has been garaged most of the time. I just drive it to and from work."

Beautiful design. BMW drivability.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Driving as Life is too short. Control knob"

Cons: "Rough riding."

"Fun driving. Quality exterior and interior. Zips easily around town and drives great on the freeway. Has leased it for over a year with no problems. Master Control knob next to the gear shift is the ultimate in convenience and safety. Many other vehicle's controls are on the dash, having to push the glass screen, making it more difficult to control the radio, navigation etc. Comparing the exterior design of other luxury and mid-level SUV models, the X3 is far superior. The only downside is the ride which is not as smooth and not as quiet as other models which I would prefer. Secondly, having discussed BMW's with mechanics and other previous BMW owners, the major issue and concern is the future reliability and repair expense as the vehicle passes it's free 4 year BMW maintenance period. Just about all recommend not owning a BMW because it will be in the shop frequently at very high expense. As a result, I plan on buying either a Toyota Highlander or Lexus RX for reliability and smoothness and quietness of ride. The prices with all the options are within the same price range. Or being spoiled by it's drivability and control knob, I will lease a new X3 or X5 for the rest of my driving life...but never buying one."

nice car to drive

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Cons: "When the hybrid will be out for X3? or i3 is sub."

"Pros: on 8 speed, it loves conserving gas. I drive alot on freeway, so that works. Internal parts, go to the bmw blogs bimmer.com to find facts and figures to get the right parts. Nice stereo system. Once you know how to change change oil and the filters is 2nd nature. Let the mechanic do the rest. Buy the extended warranty at the dealer up front when bargin a deal. It will cost more if you do it later. Your google and youtube is your resource to the manual. Other than that drive it like a regular car. Cons: At low speed on city street, and red light can drain the gas. Takes awhile to learn all the functions. Need some special tools if you want to do your own maintenance. Dealership is a pain and drain you if you do not know about BMW vehicles. German cars: word of wisdom: Get a used one is to save a buck around 30 - 40k miles and sell it near 100k miles. You do not want to know what will happen after 100k miles. Have to deal for a 2nd key fob. I say average MPG is 24 city/ freeway is 28. The navigator is useless. Just use your iphone connect it on bluetoth or usb. The tire computer gauge is annoying when one of the tires is low on run flat tires. There is no spare tires on new cars."

Proud to own this car.

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, runs like a scolded dog."

Cons: "no sunglass holder, no spare tire"

"The car is a blast to drive. Handling is excellent, performance is near the top of the pack for this catagory, gas milage is good (average about 22 mpg). It sits high enough that my wife and I, in our 60's can get in and out easily. Outstanding transmission. Might replace the run flat tires with regular tires for improved ride, which is a bit on the firm side. Only criticism is the AC which could be a bit stronger. Plenty of back seat room and rear storage is good. Has the best headlights of any car I have ever owned; will burn the paint off stop signs. Not a car for someone who wants a posh ride like a Lexus or Cadillac, but made for the driving enthusists. We picked the car up at the factory in South Carolina and the factory gave us the VIP treatment, spending a day showing us the capabilities of the car. So far no problems with this car. Would buy it again!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals