2011 BMW X3

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Really an SAV, drives like a car,built like an SUV

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Good overall driving experience"

Cons: "Noisy, compact and pricey options."

"Wonderful driving experience. Acceleration is smooth and handling is effortless. The options ( panoramic moonroof, navigation, keyless entry, park assist, power liftgate etc) add to the experience and I found them worth every bit of the extra money spent ( many of them could be made standard) Great balance of power and efficiency. Have driven my X3 (28i) for about 2000 miles and am averaging 26.8 mpg with about 60% hwy miles. Space is adequate for a small family and the rear row seats my kid (6 yr old) comfortably. However, space ( 2nd row seating) could be a constraint for larger families. Also, I found the vehicle a little noisier than others and was disappointed that such a well made vehicle could not have been better insulated."

New X3 a Great One

By on Saturday, April 02, 2011

"Don't know what the KBB reviewer means about no leg room--this is a very roomy vehicle, both front and back! Drives smoothly, with plenty of road information without the bumps; luxe interior with lots of standard equipment. This one will appeal both to people with things to haul--children, dogs, bicycles, etc.--and to those who want something sporty and interesting to drive. The 28i gets 4 stars to leave room for the 30i with its slightly more powerful engine. I drove many other vehicles in this class before purchase--about 15 of them, from the Audi to the Honda--and this was the best for the money, hands down."

Great Automobile

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I will try not be biased in my review. I purchased the 2012 BMW X3 28i a few weeks ago. Although I have owned the car a short time, it is not my first car nor my first BMW. First off, the car does handle extremely well around turns as well as on the open road. BMW has really put a lot of thought, technology, and engineering into their latest edition. The exterior of the suv is amazing in that its curves and lines give the car a sense of movement while standing still. Interior wise, BMW has laid out the cabin to be more roomy and comfortable. As many have mentioned, the new X3 is comparable in size to the original X5. The instrument cluster as well as middle console work well for those who want that feeling of piloting an airplane. Remember, this is a car that is meant to be driven and experienced. As for cons, there are a few. The lag time between the gas pedal to motion at a full stop is noticeable but not a deterrent. The electronic parking brake can be odd and unfamiliar for some."

The Ultimate Driving machine

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive easy to learn the iDrive Technology"

"My first new Vehicle and I chose the 2012 X3 xDrive28i. I picked it up on 10/26/11. I am very pleased and although the added options cost a lot more than I planned I have no regrets. What a ride. The Technology package, Premium package and Heated seats/steering wheel makes the luxury a true pleasure. The Xenon headlights make its an even cooler SAV with those electro-mechanical lights. 3 cameras with Park Distance control takes the stress out of parallel parking especially living in New York City. You get use to the iDrive functionality easily. I love it so much it makes me want to keep on driving."

Do not buy this car ..

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I recently purchased the 2011 BMW X3 (end of January)and have had nothing but issues with. The engine oil sensor malfunction light has gone on numerous times, trouble with the remote key and yesterday got stuck and it just died and leaked gas out all over the road. In addition, BMW roadside assistance was useless - took them 5 hours to get a tow truck to get the car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals